I Love a Parade

B-Man

44 minutes ago, ALF said:

As a veteran I would rather see that expense be given to the VA ,if Trump wants to honor veterans.  Trump had  exemptions from Nam and none of his sons served , what a patriotic family, not.

You are blaming people for finding a way out of involuntarily going to fight in Vietnam?

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

You are blaming people for finding a way out of involuntarily going to fight in Vietnam?

Yes , there was a way to serve as a conscientious objector . I had no problem with that what so ever. I was against the war so I went in the Navy for 6 years during Nam, safe on a ship. Those who died I cry every Memorial Day , I was not brave enough.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

As a veteran I would rather see that expense be given to the VA ,if Trump wants to honor veterans.  Trump had  exemptions from Nam and none of his sons served , what a patriotic family, not.

And in which branch of the military did Bill Clinton and Barak Hussein Obama serve, pray tell? I just can remember at the moment. I’m certain it was a HUGE talking point during their coronations and reigns. 

So having deferments for going to school and having a high draft lottery number makes one a “draft dogger”?  

BLOW ME. 

59 minutes ago, Nanker said:

And in which branch of the military did Bill Clinton and Barak Hussein Obama serve, pray tell? I just can remember at the moment. I’m certain it was a HUGE talking point during their coronations and reigns. 

So having deferments for going to school and having a high draft lottery number makes one a “draft dogger”?  

BLOW ME. 

It is rather funny how the feigned outrage over the lack of military service and draft deferments in presidents only started on January 20, 2018 at 12:01 pm.

Edited by Koko78

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

It is rather funny how the feigned outrage over the lack of military service and draft deferments in presidents only started on January 20, 2018 at 12:01 pm.

Oh, it only disappears when a Dem is in office... Remember the outrage that GW had "only" served in the National Guard so had no right leading troops in war?

2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Oh, it only disappears when a Dem is in office... Remember the outrage that GW had "only" served in the National Guard so had no right leading troops in war?

Don't forget that HW was a murderer who killed his flight crew and had no business starting the Gulf War, and Reagan avoided combat by producing training films.  

But even when Republicans do serve...McCain was a dangerous, undisciplined pilot who caused the Forrestal fire, Mitt Romney faked being a missionary to avoid Vietnam, Bob Dole avoided combat in WWII to the point of injuring himself to get out of duty.

But no one ever hears of Carter avoiding WWII by enrolling in college, or quitting the service to be a peanut farmer.  Or Clinton dodging the draft by running to England.  Hell, the Democrats are still riding the coat-tails of Kennedy's Service Medals earned for for getting his boat cut in half by Amagiri.

28 minutes ago, Cinga said:

But it was ok that Clinton dodged the draft with a deferral.

13 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

What does a Canadian, living in Brazil have to do with U.S. politics?

Go to page 3 and look where I say that USA is important to the rest of the world.

Just now, KW95 said:

Go to page 3 and look where I say that USA is important to the rest of the world.

And nothing changes the fact that " Trollin Trump " is still a child within a senior's body.

1 hour ago, KW95 said:

And nothing changes the fact that " Trollin Trump " is still a child within a senior's body.

Well, I guess your economy is doing well, eh?

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

Projection is so common around here.

Yes.

You responding, (As are libs across the country) to this silly idea, IS falling into his trap............................that's what he wants.

You thinking that he is "a fraud" doesn't change that a bit................:lol:

And your responding to me is exactly what I want.  aka you falling into the same type of trap.     I mock Dumb Donald as I have well  before his political career started.  

If Donny wants to show respect to the military, then he should personally donate the Millions a parade of this type would cost to the Veterans themselves through various charities. 

16 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I think a good portion of the world would care.  Lots of people would see it as a reaffirmation of "American imperialism."

Of course, most of those are already pissed at being called "shitholes," so I don't think much additional damage would be done.

ding ding ding  

20 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Link? Like I said earlier I have noticed positive changes within the last 6 months or so. That's anecdotal and is only one facility.

Can Trump Keep His Promise to Fix Veterans’ Health?

Trump promises to do more for veterans than anyone else ...

Donald Trump on VA: 'I will pick up the phone and fix it ...

July 11, 2016

"I will instruct my staff that if a valid complaint is not addressed, that the issue be brought directly to me," Trump said. "And I will pick up the phone and fix it myself if I have to."

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

And your responding to me is exactly what I want.  aka you falling into the same type of trap.     I mock Dumb Donald as I have well  before his political career started.  

If Donny wants to show respect to the military, then he should personally donate the Millions a parade of this type would cost to the Veterans themselves through various charities. 

ding ding ding  

July 11, 2016

"I will instruct my staff that if a valid complaint is not addressed, that the issue be brought directly to me," Trump said. "And I will pick up the phone and fix it myself if I have to."

That's a far cry from expecting him to have fixed all the VA's problems in a year but you're used to taking disingenuous stances.

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

ding ding ding  

July 11, 2016

Maybe if he didn't have this Russian nonsense taking up his time and energy, he could get more done.

I don't doubt that he wants to work on the problem.