I Love a Parade

B-Man

KURT SCHLICHTER: With Enemies Like This, Trump Doesn’t Need Friends.

So, the Washington Post says that Donald Trump wants to honor the military with a parade, which the Trump-haters inform us is the worst thing that ever was because it’s Donald Trump who wants to honor the military with a parade. The very day the Democrats decided that they should make fun of Trump’s physical disqualification for military service – Democrats were pretending to think not serving is bad that morning – the Donkeys also decided they needed to spazz out about honoring our troops.

Whap! That’s the sound of the Democrats stepping on another rake.

Is a parade a good idea? A bad idea? Irrelevant! It’s a hilarious idea, because when this idea erupted on social media, it was absolutely certain that the liberals would immediately take a position that required them to say, “No, we should totally not honor our troops.”

Oh, I’m sure they’ve got plenty of nuance to that position – my favorite is their newfound concern about spending – but at the end of the day the message is clear. Trump wants to honor the troops, and the Democrats don’t.

Hilarious! And Trump does this to them all the time.

Yep.

Tom, I'm not going to quibble about how much of an offensive threat the Japanese Navy was after Midway. 

I'll stick with the view that having lost four carriers, a ton of carrier airplanes and most of their most experienced crews in that, they were on the defensive from that point on.

I never said they lost the war for any other reasons than you mentioned. It was just a matter of time, greatly shortened by Midway.

I agree that the Japanese were far ahead of the US in carrier doctrine and capability at the start of the war. In fact, it was a stroke of luck that Midway turned out the way it did. The initial US attacks were almost total losses, and that's with the element of surprise, as the Japanese had no idea where the US task force that launched them was. 

But eventually, in that fatal dive bombing attack that took out the three carriers almost at once, and crippled the fourth, along with the airplanes and crew destroyed on their decks, the force projection they were capable of prior to Midway was never possible again.

23 hours ago, OJABBA said:

Maybe if he didn't have this Russian nonsense taking up his time and energy, he could get more done.

I don't doubt that he wants to work on the problem.

You don't mean he should have a fund raiser for the Vets. Remember the **** storm the media created when he said he raised $6million and would give it to the Vets? He got hammered in the media because it actually was only $5.6 million... crumbs I tell ya, crumbs. 

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

Tom, I'm not going to quibble about how much of an offensive threat the Japanese Navy was after Midway. 

I'll stick with the view that having lost four carriers, a ton of carrier airplanes and most of their most experienced crews in that, they were on the defensive from that point on.

Sherpa, you're a good poster and your service in the military and here shining light on BS are commendable and much appreciated by most here. 

That said, I'd advise no one to get into a bug tussle with DC Tom over WWII history. Trust me on that one. 

On 2/7/2018 at 9:27 AM, Cugalabanza said:

I don't.  I took that sentence out right after I typed it.  Have there been any significant improvements?  I read an article recently about how many vets are discouraged that Trump has not lived up to his promises.  But I haven't really done research.  If I'm wrong about that, please correct me.

The VA is the problem. It can't be fixed. 

I've dated two doctors working for them and a few that volunteer their. They rail on the administration side of it

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

The VA is the problem. It can't be fixed. 

I've dated two doctors working for them and a few that volunteer their. They rail on the administration side of it

I haven't dated any of my doctors at the VA, even though they've had their fingers up my ass. I'm assuming they did it for professional reasons. You?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Veterinarians?  You date the doctors or the patients themselves :o?

Obgyn/surgeon. And ER specialty doctor 

Also a bunch of PT's and some DVM's and Phamacists and a few PhD's in business things. 

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I haven't dated any of my doctors at the VA, even though they've had their fingers up my ass. I'm assuming they did it for professional reasons. You?

I had one show me it could feel good. I was shocked 

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

Sherpa, you're a good poster and your service in the military and here shining light on BS are commendable and much appreciated by most here. 

That said, I'd advise no one to get into a bug tussle with DC Tom over WWII history. Trust me on that one. 

It's not an issue.

The views expressed are not challenged.

They are views, and anyone else's views on Midway are just as valid as mine.

That view saves a lot of time.