I Love a Parade

B-Man

34 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Again I cannot blame anyone for getting out of that war by any means necessary

Nor do I. I just love pointing out the left's fake outrage over a lack of military service that somehow magically wasn't present during 1993-2001 and 2009-2017.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

my you have a long road of reading ahead of you

enjoy!!!

No, no.  You made a claim.  "Pure evil".

Those words mean something, and you have a habit of saying things that are wildly inaccurate.  Explain how the Viet Nam War was "pure evil".  You've left no room for nuance, you've left no room for error.  Go.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

1 hour ago, OJABBA said:

Maybe if he didn't have this Russian nonsense taking up his time and energy, he could get more done.

I don't doubt that he wants to work on the problem.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  

Maybe if the idiot was not golfing every other weekend spending your 's and my tax dollars on these trips he's have the Time and Energy to get more done.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, garybusey said:

People who support the parade in this thread do so because it will piss off liberals. I'd like to hear other reasons why it's a good idea.

isn't that reason enough to do a raindance that it happens?

57 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Nam was just pure evil, there is no getting around it, blame all the people you want for this atrocity....

Part of me wants to show this post to my Dad to hear him rant

Part of me is afraid to because you might get him so wound up it gives him a heart attack

So I'll just respond with this

720.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/7/2018 at 7:26 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Image result for i love a parade gay pride       

Is that you riding b-i-t-c-h with your hand in the air? :lol:

55 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  

Maybe if the idiot was not golfing every other weekend spending your 's and my tax dollars on these trips he's have the Time and Energy to get more done.  

Man, remember how upset you were when Obama forced a couple to move their entire wedding because he needed to get in a quick round at the course where the wedding and reception was planned.

Yeah, me neither. Nice to see a president golfing too much is finally on your radar. :lol:

Edited by LABillzFan

18 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Part of me wants to show this post to my Dad to hear him rant

Part of me is afraid to because you might get him so wound up it gives him a heart attack

So I'll just respond with this

720.jpg

i have no intent to upset people, those who served have my respect and I hope they did their honourable best, along with all those who served from North American in 20th century wars (and continuing)

I cannot look back on it as anything positive at all, it 100% destroyed the trust of the people in their government and unleashed an attack on middle-class values that we have not recovered from and never will

I have listened to a few podcasts in response to Ken Burns that argue for honour and greatness in that war, but there is no way the arguments will carry through to history

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Nazi declaration of War on the US after Pearl Harbor went full gatorman

Eh, they kinda had to after the Japs declared war on the USSR following the German invasion of the Soviet Union (which was the real act of going full gatorman, without putting England away first).

18 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Eh, they kinda had to after the Japs declared war on the USSR following the German invasion of the Soviet Union (which was the real act of going full gatorman, without putting England away first).

Not really.  Hitler and Stalin were going to war at some point, and Hitler made a cogent argument that Germany had a small window in 1941 where they had a maximal chance of winning.  And he wasn't exactly wrong.

Hitler didn't really go full gatorman until 1944, insisting beyond all evidence that "We're winning!" and refusing to obfuscate that opinion with facts.  Even the Japanese weren't that obtuse.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Hanson's recent book about WW2 is a good summation on the totally hopeless campaign of Germany and Japan, dreaming of world conquest without air craft carriers or 4-engine bombers.

I haven't read it yet.  If that's his thesis, I'm not going to, because that is a stupid-as-!@#$ thesis.  

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Hanson's recent book about WW2 is a good summation on the totally hopeless campaign of Germany and Japan, dreaming of world conquest without air craft carriers or 4-engine bombers.

Japan had aircraft carriers.

They just couldn't keep them afloat, losing four at Midway, three of them in about 15 minutes.

Never an offensive threat again.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Japan had aircraft carriers.

They just couldn't keep them afloat, losing four at Midway, three of them in about 15 minutes.

Never an offensive threat again.

That's just not correct.  Three were hit in five minutes, and Soryu was abandoned in 20 minutes, and Kaga was well and truly !@#$ed, even though it stayed afloat for half a day.  But Akagi's loss wasn't a foregone conclusion for many hours.  And considering Santa Cruz and Eastern Solomons were fought two and four months after Midway, with the Japanese giving reasonable account of themselves, it's completely unreasonable to say they were never again an offensive threat after Midway.  Plus, they had the most advanced carrier doctrine by far at the start of the war.  The Americans didn't catch up doctrinally until late '43, the British until mid-45.  And Shokaku and Zuikaku were the finest carriers in the world until USS Essex was commissioned.  The Kido Butai was not a force to be dismissed so lightly.

The real reasons Japan lost were economic and political: they were an island country that kicked off the war with a half-million ton deficit in required mercantile shipping, were an economy the size of Italy starting a war with an economy ten times their size, and with the Army and Navy constantly at each other's throats and unable to cooperate on the simplest things, they pursued a ridiculously uncoordinated war effort.

Which doesn't change the fact, of course, that Hanson's thesis is truly stupid as !@#$.