I Love a Parade

B-Man

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That was my immediate reaction too but there may be some method to his madness. We spend billions to project military power around the world. I'm sure it's quite expensive to have a carrier group visit a foreign port. What kind of value would a televised military parade provide around the world?

In my view, none.

The world would not care and view a dumbass military parade in Washington as silly.

It would be a pain in the butt for the military, screw up the DC area and it's airspace for hours, and with no value.

Carriers visit foreign ports for legitimate diplomatic and defense agreement  reasons. 

Not expensive at all. They are often hosted.

41 minutes ago, sherpa said:

In my view, none.

The world would not care and view a dumbass military parade in Washington as silly.

It would be a pain in the butt for the military, screw up the DC area and it's airspace for hours, and with no value.

Carriers visit foreign ports for legitimate diplomatic and defense agreement  reasons. 

Yes. The USS Cole hosted some locals in Yemen. IIRC.

Don't worry Sherpa, Trump won't make you march in his parade. :lol: 

47 minutes ago, sherpa said:

In my view, none.

I think a good portion of the world would care.  Lots of people would see it as a reaffirmation of "American imperialism."

Of course, most of those are already pissed at being called "shitholes," so I don't think much additional damage would be done.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Funny thing, Trump is a master troll, and yet they fall for it every time.

I would love to think he was...He's just an idiot.

He'll probably be golfing on this day anyways!

Just now, Albwan said:

Look at youtube videos of liberal meltdowns after the Trump win.

This pic sums them all up perfectly.

Got a book here in Brazil in regards to the 7-1 loss to Germany in 2014 with this pic in there.  Never know where these guys copy the pics.

1 minute ago, Albwan said:

Nah he's a master troll, it takes one to know one...smart people don't fall for trolling

they know to ignore, not have meltdowns like the pic of the lady above.

I know exactly what you're saying.  Just not sold on it yet.  But if so...less trolling. This is the top job in the world.  The world looks up to the USA!

8 minutes ago, Albwan said:

It's great. They were (and still are) so ripe for trolling because they are so full ****. 

Trump - "Let's have a nice big parade, honoring our wonderful, brave, hard-working soldiers" 

"Why are we spending money on THEM?"

or

"Boo! Hiss! You're Hitler!!!! Boo! Hiss!"

Edited by OJABBA

5 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Yeah, but being a troll is not a skill or something to be proud of.  Anyone could be a troll.  You just have to embrace your inner 7 year old !@#$ self and let loose.  Being a master troll is not a skill that would be useful in most adult jobs.  President of the USA is an example of the kind of job where you might want to have someone at a level of maturity above the level of troll.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Yeah, but being a troll is not a skill or something to be proud of.  Anyone could be a troll.  You just have to embrace your inner 7 year old !@#$ self and let loose.  Being a master troll is not a skill that would be useful in most adult jobs.  President of the USA is an example of the kind of job where you might want to have someone at a level of maturity above the level of troll.

Need to look at his audience....the left hated and attacked and name called him before he was even

sworn in, total immaturity, acting like children taking tantrums because they didn't get their way...

I have proof...look at youtube search liberal meltdowns, hours and hours of it. 

You cannot rationalize with people with this mentality.

I don't blame him, these people/media attack every single thing about the man, every single day, I mean

really attacking family, 10 year olds?

Despicable. 

Edited by Albwan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albwan said:

Need to look at his audience....the left hated and attacked and name called him before he was even

sworn in, total immaturity, acting like children taking tantrums because they didn't get their way...

I have proof...look at youtube search liberal meltdowns, hours and hours of it. 

You cannot rationalize with people with this mentality.

I don't blame him, these people/media daily attack every single thing about the man, every single day, I mean

really attacking family, 10 year olds?

Despicable. 

Ah, go put it in a memo.

14 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

If it was that easy, you would be funnier. But you aren't, and you don't understand that Trump's trolling is the language of the people, and that it was the only response to the ridiculously false state of affairs in politics. The formalized presentation of obvious nonsense that everyone was expected to play along with has peaked out.

You're out of step...you're fodder....and you're through.

Edited by OJABBA

3 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Ok, maybe I'm not as funny as the famously hilarious OJABBA, but I'm not going to stand here and let you disparage my dancing!

C'mon now,  you should be better since you get a lot of practice dancing around the subject!