I Love a Parade

B-Man

10 hours ago, Azalin said:

Have you never attended a Memorial Day parade?

Yes.  But he was stoned and thought it was a really awesomePink Floyd light show.

2 hours ago, GG said:

Can you define the 2nd & 3rd world?

2nd world = crooked teeth so England, France, etc.

3rd world = rotted teeth so Sudan, Canada, etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Back on topic... outside of deliberately trying to piss off a majority of US citizens, can someone who supports this explain why it's a good idea?

Does anyone here actually support it?  At best (and, honestly, at worst) it's a waste of some 8 figures worth of dollars, maybe more.

I'm just amused by the outrage for something that is, at worst, a waste of money. 

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

Does anyone here actually support it?  At best (and, honestly, at worst) it's a waste of some 8 figures worth of dollars, maybe more.

I'm just amused by the outrage for something that is, at worst, a waste of money. 

Look on the bright side, Trump is making liberals consider the cost of things.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I do not.  And I love gawking at military equipment, otherwise.

American society is far too wrapped up in militaria.

1 minute ago, GG said:

Look on the bright side, Trump is making liberals consider the cost of things.

The funny part is that the loudest people opposed to this have talked about everything but the cost.

Chris Cuntlizza's "analysis" was basically "b-b-b-but North Korea!!! Russia!!!111!!!eleven!"

19 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Back on topic... outside of deliberately trying to piss off a majority of US citizens, can someone who supports this explain why it's a good idea?

Do you have any evidence that this planned parade will "piss off a majority of US citizens"?

32 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

In a bureaucracy as hidebound and elephantine as the VA, progress is always going to be glacial.  I'll willingly concede that Trump has done nothing, simply because any reforms that have taken place in the past year were likely started at the end of the Bush administration, to be seeing results now.

True ...  but Don did say he would personally answer any calls even at 3AM.   

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Do you have any evidence that this planned parade will "piss off a majority of US citizens"?

People who support the parade in this thread do so because it will piss off liberals. I'd like to hear other reasons why it's a good idea.

42 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Why do we need a parade?  

There are a variety of them for Donny to visit 

I am so glad that I started this thread,

it really helps delineate how far left many of our posters are.

and NO, I really don't think a parade is a good idea, but as the original posts says.................you're falling right into one of Trumpy's traps

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Decades of problems with the VA and Trump is criticized for not eliminating them all in one year. You guys are a !@#$ing joke.

you missed the point.   The Snake oil salesman said different.   He promised to fix it over night.   

We all know it can't be done with the snap of a finger.  

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

I am so glad that I started this thread,

it really helps delineate how far left many of our posters are.

and NO, I really don't think a parade is a good idea, but as the original posts says.................you're falling right into one of Trumpy's traps

So I mock a fraud and I fall into his trap?  

gotcha. 

You obviously don't get that I just bust balls here.    Both sided will do A and cheer it on but when the other side does A they are "Traitors"

5 minutes ago, garybusey said:

People who support the parade in this thread do so because it will piss off liberals. I'd like to hear other reasons why it's a good idea.

and I mock because it pisses of the  (whats a nice word for the extreme right)  base.  

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So I mock a fraud and I fall into his trap?  

gotcha. 

You obviously don't get that I just bust balls here.    Both sided will do A and cheer it on but when the other side does A they are "Traitors"

and I mock because it pisses of the  (whats a nice word for the extreme right)  base.  

Projection is so common around here.

Yes.

You responding, (As are libs across the country) to this silly idea, IS falling into his trap............................that's what he wants.

You thinking that he is "a fraud" doesn't change that a bit................:lol:

30 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you missed the point.   The Snake oil salesman said different.   He promised to fix it over night.   

We all know it can't be done with the snap of a finger.  

Link? Like I said earlier I have noticed positive changes within the last 6 months or so. That's anecdotal and is only one facility.

Just a stupid idea.

Does nobody any good.

The US military does not need to gather attention, and I'm sure would never suggest such a useless spectacle.

Would be quite expensive for a number of reasons already pointed out, but with an additional one, which would be shutting down some of the busiest airspace in US for a time period.

Just dumb.

An unforced error.

How about the executive and legislative branches do their constitutional duty, like getting funding for the gov long term completed, and quit with these idiotic diversions?

• Like (+1) 1

The hilarity continues........................

CNN COMPARES TRUMP’S MILITARY PARADE IDEA TO NORTH KOREA.

So they’re in favor of it then, I take it?

^_^

SPEIER ON TRUMP’S DESIRE FOR MILITARY PARADE: ‘WE HAVE A NAPOLEON IN THE MAKING.’

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) on Tuesday ripped reports that the Pentagon is organizing a military parade at President Trump’s direction, comparing the president to French leader Napoleon Bonaparte.

“I was stunned by it to be quite honest. I mean, we have a Napoleon in the making here. And I believe that we have so many issues around the world in terms of preparing for wars that are ongoing, and wars that may be in the offing because of what’s happening in North Korea, that I would say that it’s really a waste of money,” Speier told CNN’s Anderson Cooper.

“I think everyone should be offended by his need to always be showing. He’s truly Napoleon-like,” she added, referring to Bonaparte, who led France’s military in the French Revolution before becoming the country’s emperor.

Why would the left be upset about that?

newsweek-obama-napoleon-10-6-17-1.jpg

5 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Just a stupid idea.

Does nobody any good.

The US military does not need to gather attention, and I'm sure would never suggest such a useless spectacle.

Would be quite expensive for a number of reasons already pointed out, but with an additional one, which would be shutting down some of the busiest airspace in US for a time period.

Just dumb.

An unforced error.

How about the executive and legislative branches do their constitutional duty, like getting funding for the gov long term completed, and quit with these idiotic diversions?

That was my immediate reaction too but there may be some method to his madness. We spend billions to project military power around the world. I'm sure it's quite expensive to have a carrier group visit a foreign port. What kind of value would a televised military parade provide around the world?