Brady's Legacy

I think everyone can agree that Joe Montana was a vastly superior all time QB than Brady when Brady was 4-2 in Super Bowls (of course, Montana is a perfect 4-0).  But after last year, a lot of people started to suggest that 5-2 was better than 4-0.  Not me.  Where I come from, you cannot beat perfect.  But now that Brady has slipped all the way to 5-3, how does this affect his legacy?  Personally, I think it took a huge hit tonight.  Losing to Nick Foles?  Are you kidding me??  I think Brady slides a few spots after tonight's game for sure.  I mean, he could even win a few more and never catch Troy Aikman, who is a perfect 3-0.  3 losses is historically bad.  That ties him with Fran Tarkenton for crying out loud!  Look at other all time great QB's in Brady's tier- Marino (only 1 loss), Favre (1 loss), Manning (2 losses), etc.  Long story short, he cannot afford to lose another Super Bowl or else people may begin to discount his wins altogether.  Thoughts?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I disagree completely.  He has 3 losses in the Super Bowl sure - but he also has 5 victories.  Getting to 1 Super Bowl is pretty challenging, The Patriots made it to 8 Super Bowls in 16 years - 50% of the time is unreal.  

Sorry but I don't buy the Montana is better than Brady excuse.  Look at the 5-7 Pro Bowl players Montana consistently had on offense.  Outside of Randy Moss for a few years, Brady really never played with All-Pros. But he did elevate the talent around him. 

Sorry but he's still the GOAT.  The fact that Matt Patricia's ****ty defense couldn't stop Nick Foles should not change it 

• Like (+1) 10

Best ever.  There's no discussion here.  

It's crazy to think if not for Seattle not giving it to Lynch and Shanahan losing his mind last year they could be 3-5 in Super Bowls.   

It's no doubt been the greatest 18 year run in NFL history.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

For you sake let’s hope you have the “I drank too much” card to play for typing this out.  But your spelling seemed good so it seems like you might actually be sober...and yet sill typed and actually believe this.

Of course I don't believe this.  I am completely mocking anyone who doesn't think that, not only is Tom Brady the greatest football player to ever live, but, more specifically, the morons who used to insist that Montana's 4-0 > Brady's 4-2, which was the most absurd, backwards, illogical argument ever perpetrated on this website.

Edited by metzelaars_lives
  • Haha (+1) 1

I will say it did make me snicker at the media when Belichick was talking in his post game.

underneath his name it reads “1 of 3 coaches to lose 3 Super Bowls.”

with media and mental processing like that, we are all better off never to win at all or just never compete for anything.

strange mentality that pushes.  Safer to sit in the dugout then go up to bat.

Just now, metzelaars_lives said:

Of course I don't believe this.  I am completely mocking anyone who doesn't think that, not only is Tom Brady the greatest football player to ever live, but, more specifically, the morons who used to insist that Montana's 4-0 > Brady's 4-2, which was the most absurd, backwards, illogical argument ever perpetrated on this website.

Phew!

Btw I think the dynasty is over.  

Right now Brady is the entire team.  I think Belichick, like all coaches, have a prime.  And I'm finding it hard to believe that he's going to continue to resonate and relate to these kids as he's now 65.  See this Malcolm Butler disaster as proof.  

Both coordinators are leaving.  Is Bill?  And Brady is going to hit the wall very soon.  Traded Jimmy G. Discord in the organization over that and likely a divide between Team Brady and everyone else.    They have drafted horribly.  The front 7 on D is atrocious.  Gronk is talking retirement.  

I'm not sure they're going to be able to fix this on the fly.  Remember, they were a Jesse James called back TD from losing home field.  The Steelers were better then them till Shazier got hurt and it fell apart.  They beat the Titans (wow) and barely beat the Jags at home....they've been lucky the division has been awful and the AFC largely terrible the last few years.  

My gut tells me that's going to change.  And that dark days are ahead for the Patriots.  

Edited by Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

This isn't even a discussion anymore. Brady is the GOAT.

I think a better argument may be: Montana Vs. Rodgers/Brees/ or even Big Ben.

When it comes to Brady, I have to wonder is he the greatest player at any position of all time? Brady Vs Rice. Brady Vs Jim Brown. 

I love Brees. Always have since his college days. But he isn't even in the discussion as far as I am concerned of greatest QB's of all time. Not even top 5 or 10. Heck of a QB, but his stats are severely padded thanks to playing in a dome.