Sammy Coming Back???

Kwai San

He’d be silly to slam the door.

I still think the dream spot for him would be wr2 in New Orleans. 2 year deal to match what I expect for brees. 

Great qb, aggressive offensive scheme. Should get numbers and exposure and be young enough for 1 big deal after.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

I would be ok if Sammy comes back. Why not? Don’t resign Jordan Mathews and draft a Rookie. 

this was his favorite team growing up. he seems to have lost the premadonna(sp?) personna and with peterman at qb, he may jump at the chance to come back and go to the playoffs!

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If Sammy goes to SF he will put up 1400+ yards and 10+ TDs next season as Jimmy G’s top target and I think that’s where he lands if he leaves Rams.

He'd have put up something close to that in Buffalo in 2017.  

He and Tyrod were poised to get Sammy 10 targets per game.

The irony is they trade him and everyone uses the injury concern excuse........the foot injury becomes a thing of the past........and then they trade for Kelvin Benjamin with a history of knee injuries......he arrives recently injured(September)........sustains yet ANOTHER knee injury in his second game with the Bills and gimps his way thru a fruitless 2 months in Buffalo.

Independent of money......I like KB.......but he is a conundrum in waiting because he's really just a posession WR but will want big money.   You still need a #1 WR when he's in your WR corps.    And he has bad knees and LONG legs and plays in an NFL where DB's are being directed to hit WR in the legs.     Strictly from a personnel standpoint swapping out Sammy for KB was dumb.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The irony is they trade him and everyone uses the injury concern excuse........the foot injury becomes a thing of the past........and then they trade for Kelvin Benjamin with a history of knee injuries......he arrives recently injured(September)........sustains yet ANOTHER knee injury in his second game with the Bills and gimps his way thru a fruitless 2 months in Buffalo.

Independent of money......I like KB.......but he is a conundrum in waiting because he's really just a posession WR but will want big money.   You still need a #1 WR when he's in your WR corps.    And he has bad knees and LONG legs and plays in an NFL where DB's are being directed to hit WR in the legs.     Strictly from a personnel standpoint swapping out Sammy for KB was dumb.

Lets hope KB is fully healthy to start next year. 

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Wait. I thought he was poised to do that in LA.

No?

32 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Thats kinda bold.....would be pretty funny if it happens tho.......hero to zero.....damn the NFL is tough.

Dez is kind of a shell of himself as compared to that contact he has. He really struggled to separate last year and is really more of a #2 now. Maybe they can get him to restructure if he wants to stay, either way, Sammy would be a great complement. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good call. I think the Rams hold onto him, but if not SF would be a great place for him to land. 

Agreed.....and don't sleep on M Goodwin. He balled out last year and will major ball out with Jimmy G throwing to him.

30 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Wait. I thought he was poised to do that in LA.

No?

Ten targets per game in LA when the WR's that young Goff worked all offseason with,  Woods or Kupp,  were getting matchups against the #3 CB?:lol:

They'd have been wiser to use him in a more varied role during the season but it was like shooting fish in a barrel most games so they did not.   It bit them in the end, IMO.    You gotta' scheme to get the ball to your most talented WR because when coverages tighten up in the playoffs that's when you need your playmakers most and you want them on the same page as your QB.    His numbers were modest but that only tells part of the story.....most of Watkins big plays during the year were token deep throws after the outcomes of games were already decided.  

Fwiw.......the Bills finally had to take Zay Jones off the field because he was the only top 4 WR that Tyrod had worked with since OTA's and he kept feeding him and Zay kept not catching passes.......famililarity with WR is critical.    Funny that people judge Tyrod so harshly when his top 2 WR by the end of the season were dudes that showed up half way thru the season and KB in particular still didn't even know where to line up on a lot of plays.   That's the way to make a rhythm/timing passing offense work.:lol:   

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I saw that too.  While it’s not a clear indication he is coming back, it is Interesting he didn’t close the door.  Not to mention his profile pic on social media is him still in a Bills uniform.  

Remember he he grew up a Bills fan.  Man I would love bringing him back.  Won’t get my hopes up, I actually think SF is where he ends up if he leaves the Rams.  But a guy can dream!

Watkins big issue with the team was that Rex Ryan would not put him on IR when Watkins in his agent both knew that was what they needed so we could get healthy. And I were upset further with Whaley for not having the balls to make the move, everything has past essentially.

I'm not saying it's going to happen in my opinion but I wouldn't rule it out because the world is just a crazy place

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Sammy is not coming back to Buffalo this season.   

This season is only one more day.

• Like (+1) 1

Sammy wants to come back and Gaines wants to leave:huh:

2 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

As bad as his attitude was he would instantly be the best WR on our roster.

It's not happening tho, not even a chance of it.

What attitude? What because he wants the ball thrown his way more!