Sammy Coming Back???

Kwai San

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

He’d be silly to slam the door.

I still think the dream spot for him would be wr2 in New Orleans. 2 year deal to match what I expect for brees. 

Great qb, aggressive offensive scheme. Should get numbers and exposure and be young enough for 1 big deal after.

you are rather biased in your perspective as to where he might fit aren't you :P

1 hour ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

The moves by McBeane have been to rid the team of players they thought didn't fit their culture, so Sammy was one of them.  No way they bring him back.

Agreed

looks like Sammy is humbled.

And Sean is certainly about forgiveness .

Pegula likes giving players another shot.

always a chance

5 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Despite the polite response, they kinda insulted Sammy when they traded him. I don't think he'll forget that snub so easily.

That's nonsense. The front office doesn't value guys that don't have the mindset they want. Insulted or not he won't be back in Buffalo with the current guys running the show and that has nothing to do with how Sammy feels. 

They shipped him out and traded for another WR. That says it all. We need a guy, just not you. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

That's nonsense. The front office doesn't value guys that don't have the mindset they want. Insulted or not he won't be back in Buffalo with the current guys running the show and that has nothing to do with how Sammy feels. 

They shipped him out and traded for another WR. That says it all. We need a guy, just not you. 

They traded for two who both wound up injured ironically. 

9 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Wait. I thought he was poised to do that in LA.

No?

Rams were the highest scoring team in the NFL. Guess how many 1,000 yard receivers they had? 0. What does that tell you? they ball is spread around. Sammy Watkins was also 2nd on the highest scoring team in the NFL in TD's. Seems like they valued him a lot in the red zone. 

Edited by BillsFan2313

23 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

A good fit but I'd bet on Allen Robinson, if the Jags don't tag him.

I think the Jags will tag him if they dont resign him.  The D is set, they need to boost the passing game so I doubt they want to lose him.  

13 hours ago, Kwai San said:

I think he was just being kind. 

Watkins will most likely get a crazy contract from somebody.  Heck, it only takes 1 team to believe in him.  He didn't have a QB in Buffalo and was part of a crowded WR core in LA that found him behind the 8 ball being traded in the middle of pre-season.  

He will sign with a team in March and go through a full off season of OTA's and getting acclimated with the QB.  It will also be a team who has a QB who can win by throwing the ball, unlike the Bills.

For the money he will most likely command, Buffalo seems like the last place he would get it from since he was traded from here. San Fran has a ton of space along with a former teammate (Goodwin) and a need for WR.  Texans needs help at WR along with his college roommate.  I can also see teams like the Jets, Jaguars and even Broncos take a look at him.

Not Buffalo though.

12 hours ago, Commonsense said:

McBeane closed the door on Sammy. 

McBeane sucks at offensive Football all they care about are Cornerbacks. Dickie Juaron 2.0. Just look think bout the additions on that side of the ball. Looked like they were making smashed potatoes with spaghetti. 

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think the Jags will tag him if they dont resign him.  The D is set, they need to boost the passing game so I doubt they want to lose him.  

They definitely should tag him, but from what I understand, their cap situation isn't the greatest.

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

They definitely should tag him, but from what I understand, their cap situation isn't the greatest.

The Rams have work to do with key players, but they should be able to keep him.  

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-rams/

10 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Rams were the highest scoring team in the NFL. Guess how many 1,000 yard receivers they had? 0. What does that tell you? they ball is spread around. Sammy Watkins was also 2nd on the highest scoring team in the NFL in TD's. Seems like they valued him a lot in the red zone. 

What does it tell me?

That he didn't distinguish himself. What else could it possibly be?

19 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ten targets per game in LA when the WR's that young Goff worked all offseason with,  Woods or Kupp,  were getting matchups against the #3 CB?:lol:

They'd have been wiser to use him in a more varied role during the season but it was like shooting fish in a barrel most games so they did not.   It bit them in the end, IMO.    You gotta' scheme to get the ball to your most talented WR because when coverages tighten up in the playoffs that's when you need your playmakers most and you want them on the same page as your QB.    His numbers were modest but that only tells part of the story.....most of Watkins big plays during the year were token deep throws after the outcomes of games were already decided.  

Fwiw.......the Bills finally had to take Zay Jones off the field because he was the only top 4 WR that Tyrod had worked with since OTA's and he kept feeding him and Zay kept not catching passes.......famililarity with WR is critical.    Funny that people judge Tyrod so harshly when his top 2 WR by the end of the season were dudes that showed up half way thru the season and KB in particular still didn't even know where to line up on a lot of plays.   That's the way to make a rhythm/timing passing offense work.:lol:   

So to summarize:

- Sammy had difficulty with a young QB 

- Sammy had difficulty with those pesky #1 and #2 CBs

- TT suffered in large part because of Zay

What else am I missing?