Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

AP just reported the DNC is suing Trump, Russia, and Wikileaks for conspiring to fix the 2016 election.

This ought to go well...

But charts show that Trump was a Hillary plant and Wikileaks ruined the plan.

Just now, DC Tom said:

No, they're suing Trump, too.

Hell, under RICO, they can probably sue most of us.

I don't see him listed. I see Donald J Trump for President, Inc (which I am assuming is his PAC), DJT Jr, but not President Trump.

23 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For talking to the WSJ about the Hillary case? Ok, whatever. Won't do anything to stop the Russia investigation. Just like Nunes Memo didn't or release of Comey memos 

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Speak for yourself. I conspired and colluded to try and get the Libertarian party enough votes to qualify for federal funding in 2020.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

It's all coming out in the discovery. 

The sad part is, the Awan scandal is massive in scope and the names it ropes in as being part of the scheme - but somehow, despite involving blackmail, extortion, and Pakistani ISS compromising the US Congress, it's still the second biggest scandal lurking out there...

21 hours ago, DC Tom said:

How much money is this matter going to cost the DNC? 

Oh, I hope the suit goes forth. I would love to be in the courtroom to see the plaintiffs faces when they get asked by the defense lawyers to give them access to all their communications, records, data, phone records, bank accounts records, emails, faxes, texts, etc. And I hope the judge demands they get it right away. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Lots of big drops in this interview... (dropping on a Sunday, before a giant week, just sayin')

So, it sounded like Nunes said that no 5 eyes intelligence kicked off the collusion investigation.  If so, that seems to contradict the Papadapolous (sp?) Austrailian excuse for trying to start the investigation, right?

Wonder if Syd brought whatever he gave to State into the building in his underwear?  Seems he's not big on suitcases; at least he wasn't back in the day.

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, it sounded like Nunes said that no 5 eyes intelligence kicked off the collusion investigation.  If so, that seems to contradict the Papadapolous (sp?) Austrailian excuse for trying to start the investigation, right?

Wonder if Syd brought whatever he gave to State into the building in his underwear?  Seems he's not big on suitcases; at least he wasn't back in the day.

Correct. It's confirmation of a lot of ground covered in various threads for the past year. 

If he's correct, and I have every reason to think he is, this is a massive change in narrative. An FBI counterintelligence investigation (which is a different type of investigation in that it uses IC assets not available to other FBI departments) into the opposition campaign was kicked off without any information or probable cause to justify it according to the DOJ and 5 Eyes, (confirmed) but (likely) because the State Department/Langley told them to do it

The State Department (CIA>>>Brennan/44) through Clinton cut-outs.

The level of corruption that's going to be exposed will dwarf every other political scandal that's come before it. 

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. It's confirmation of a lot of ground covered in various threads for the past year. 

If he's correct, and I have every reason to think he is, this is a massive change in narrative. An FBI counterintelligence investigation (which is a different type of investigation in that it uses IC assets not available to other FBI departments) into the opposition campaign was kicked off without any information or probable cause to justify it according to the DOJ and 5 Eyes, (confirmed) but (likely) because the State Department/Langley told them to do it

The level of corruption that's going to be exposed will dwarf every other political scandal that's come before it. 

:blink: :o

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

How soon? I'm getting sick of all this? Will Obama finally get arrested? 

12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. It's confirmation of a lot of ground covered in various threads for thsurveillanceyear. 

Glad that Nunes is finally to the point of pointing out that there was no intelligence to justify the initial spying on the opposition campaigns.  (But also surprised Schiff hasn't found a TV camera to go all Latka  Gravas in front of yet.)

Really hoping that Nunes (or other less political person) can explain the distinction in the various FISA levels of surveillance/ warrants so the people not following this issue closely will finally understand just how big of an issue OUR GOVERNMENT spying on Americans w/out cause really is.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Glad that Nunes is finally to the point of pointing out that there was no intelligence to justify the initial spying on the opposition campaigns.  (But also surprised Schiff hasn't found a TV camera to go all Latka  Gravas in front of yet.)

Really hoping that Nunes (or other less political person) can explain the distinction in the various FISA levels of surveillance/ warrants so the people not following this issue closely will finally understand just how big of an issue OUR GOVERNMENT spying on Americans w/out cause really is.

Perhaps the next time they vote on it to approve it they can explain to Americans how it works and why the Democrats are using this system to hurt Republicans. They do have to re-approve it again in the future. I think they just approved it and the Republicans didn't raise these concerns 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Perhaps the next time they vote on it to approve it they can explain to Americans how it works and why the Democrats are using this system to hurt Republicans. They do have to re-approve it again in the future. I think they just approved it and the Republicans didn't raise these concerns 

Apples & potatoes here.

Not at all surprising that you don't mind losing your own civil rights.

38 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Incorrect. 

You are showing us one of the most outrageous violations of power in government in history and the Republicans, who are the victims of this government crime, are not really doing much to bring this issue to light. Heck, if it wasn't for Sean Hannity there wouldn't be much coverage at all. The media, the intelligence community and most of the legal community are silent on this. The President himself called for blocking this and THEN, mysteriously walked it back! What is going on here? Who got to these people? They knew the Democrats were using this but supported it anyway? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-backtracks-after-appearing-to-contradict-his-administrations-support-of-fisa/2018/01/11/5d7f7088-f6d1-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?utm_term=.e51706fd0ee6

" 'House votes on controversial FISA ACT today,' " Trump wrote, citing a Fox News headline. "This is the act that may have been used, with the help of the discredited and phony Dossier, to so badly surveil and abuse the Trump Campaign by the previous administration and others?"

The dossier, which was compiled by a British ex-spy, alleges Trump's campaign had ties to Russia. It is unclear what the president thought it had to do with reauthorizing the surveillance program, but Trump has repeatedly denounced it in recent days. 

Trump attempted to walk back his tweet about 90 minutes later, urging lawmakers in a second tweet to reauthorize the program. But top Democrats seized on the confusion, calling on Republican leaders to withdraw the bill from consideration "in light of the irresponsible and inherently contradictory messages coming out of the White House today," Rep. Adam B. Schiff (Calif.), the top Democrat on the Intelligence Committee, said on the House floor.

Republicans seemed undeterred by Democrats' demands. But behind the scenes, the president's mixed messages rattled the House GOP, whose members gathered for a regular conference meeting shortly after Trump sent his initial tweet.

The president's chief of staff, John F. Kelly, scrambled to Capitol Hill, while panicked aides alerted Trump to the firestorm his tweets had caused. The president was seemingly misinformed about the nature of the vote and the substance of the bill, people said.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Apples & potatoes here.

Hey I'm with you totally 100% What's going on here is crazy! Republicans authorizing FISA spying even though Dems use it directly against Republicans. 

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Apples & potatoes here.

He's not talking about losing his civil rights.  He's talking about Republicans losing theirs.  He's all for that.

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are showing us one of the most outrageous violations of power in government in history and the Republicans, who are the victims of this government crime, are not really doing much to bring this issue to light.

You (and others) keep making the mistake of thinking this whole scandal is about partisanship. It's not. There have been more republicans (so far) "scandaled" into resignation for a reason: the rot is on both sides of the aisle. I have no interest in protecting one side or the other, my interest is in exposing the machine behind the curtain that's keeping us deaf, dumb, blind, and fighting with one another rather than solving the very real, and very solvable, problems facing this country and world.  

Plenty of patriots in Congress brought up concerns about the 702 renewal, you (and others) ignored it because the conclusion and facts butted against the narrative you've been blindly following (despite no evidence) for over a year. The abuses of the 702 program which lead to the scandal we're seeing unfold in the DOJ and FISC were done in violation of the 702 rules and safeguards.

Meaning, officials in the DOJ ignored protocol and the rule of law and abused the system. The system's safeguards were working... they were just ignored by a POTUS who wanted to use the tools of the IC to spy on his political opposition. 

The only "fix" to that kind of illegality and abuse is to either remove the 702 program in its entirety (but you cannot put the toothpaste back in the tube) or indicting and prosecuting a lot of DOJ and WH officials to make the point stick that this can never be allowed to happen again.

Sessions, Huber, and Horowitz are choosing the latter. 

McCabe is the first, but won't be the last. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What's going on here? 

You're living your life stuck in a partisan box, thus you're unable to discern reality from the fiction you've been gulping down since the election.

• Like (+1) 1

DR, they won't suffer, the media spin is that anything done to defeat Trump is justified, literally anything...

and  DENY DENY DENY

and when the facts prove it

say "that's old news"

and move on to the next scream at the sky

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

DR, they won't suffer, the media spin is that anything done to defeat Trump is justified, literally anything...

and  DENY DENY DENY

and when the facts prove it

say "that's old news"

and move on to the next scream at the sky

Conventional wisdom and history agrees with this prediction. It's more than possible, it's likely. 

I think we are in a new world now, with new rules, and we're about to see that. 

Could be wrong, we will find out shortly. :beer: 

i don't expect Dems to fry for anything they do

nobody will go to jail

at worst they lose their power plum appointments and some of their pension

not sure if i'd even enjoy summer-long trials of the FBI and HIllary and her goons

44 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Link for the Firefly fans... 

Brennan going down will be one of the sweeter indictments of this whole thing. 

When people figure out he compromised by Pakistani ISI and Moscow, cognitive dissonance will reach epic levels. 

Sorry, I need a better source than The Hero of Canton.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You (and others) keep making the mistake of thinking this whole scandal is about partisanship. It's not. There have been more republicans (so far) "scandaled" into resignation for a reason: the rot is on both sides of the aisle. I have no interest in protecting one side or the other, my interest is in exposing the machine behind the curtain that's keeping us deaf, dumb, blind, and fighting with one another rather than solving the very real, and very solvable, problems facing this country and world.  

Plenty of patriots in Congress brought up concerns about the 702 renewal, you (and others) ignored it because the conclusion and facts butted against the narrative you've been blindly following (despite no evidence) for over a year. The abuses of the 702 program which lead to the scandal we're seeing unfold in the DOJ and FISC were done in violation of the 702 rules and safeguards.

Meaning, officials in the DOJ ignored protocol and the rule of law and abused the system. The system's safeguards were working... they were just ignored by a POTUS who wanted to use the tools of the IC to spy on his political opposition. 

The only "fix" to that kind of illegality and abuse is to either remove the 702 program in its entirety (but you cannot put the toothpaste back in the tube) or indicting and prosecuting a lot of DOJ and WH officials to make the point stick that this can never be allowed to happen again.

Sessions, Huber, and Horowitz are choosing the latter. 

McCabe is the first, but won't be the last. 

You're living your life stuck in a partisan box, thus you're unable to discern reality from the fiction you've been gulping down since the election.

I'm just trying to understand all this...its just so confusing. The worst part is that all these pro-Trump Republicans who voted for reauthorization. And boy are you right DR!! Most of these so-called Anti-Trump Democrats voted against the thing the Deep State is using against Trump while most Republicans voted for this reauthorization. 

So how much longer do we have to wait for the mass arrests of people in the Justice Department? 

Are you sure about Sessions? He's looking more and more like one of these Republicans that stands up for Trump but then turns around and votes for more state power, oppression and violations of our basic rights. Why did he step in and shut down this illegal investigation? 

https://www.zdnet.com/article/here-are-the-256-lawmakers-members-who-just-voted-to-reject-privacy-reforms-and-extend-nsa-spying/

On 4/20/2018 at 11:39 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: 

Big arrests/indictments happen on Mondays and Fridays. Based on how nutty yesterday's late news cycle was, today is shaping up to be even nuttier. I put it as 70/30 that we have a big move today by either Mueller or Sessions (new indictments announced by Mueller, or McCabe's arrest). 

Guessing of course, based on yesterday's tea leaves.

Still nada. Got a few hours left today...

• Like (+1) 1