Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

39 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He's not suing "over his firing," he's suing to get documents related to his firing.  Those are two very different things.

Jesus, reporting sucks these days.

It does. 

Discovery will go both ways... someone might want to tell McCabe's attorney that. 

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

Are all the leftist shills, like Fib, going to deny, deny, Trump, deny, deny, Trump, deny, deny, Trump, Trump, deny, deny when this report comes out?

And they will be successful.

Why?

Because with all of the DR investigative knowledge that he has, he (and everyone else here) doesn't know how to politically simplify everything.

Politically Simplified:  Greedy, self-serving, Arkansas hucksters Bill "Slick Willie" Clinton and "crooked" Hillary Clinton are at the bottom of a lot of this.   To win (steal) the 2016 US Presidential election.  Once Republicans start to attach the Clintons to these political illegalities, no one in the media will deny any of  it.  No one believes the Clintons any more.  No one!

:mellow:

14 hours ago, njbuff said:

Are all the leftist shills, like Fib, going to deny, deny, Trump, deny, deny, Trump, deny, deny, Trump, Trump, deny, deny when this report comes out?

Deny that the FBI handed Trump the election? Probably not 

Search Results

The Comey Letter Probably Cost Clinton The Election | FiveThirtyEight

May 3, 2017 - Clinton was in a danger zone before Comey's letter ..... in comments at the Harvard Institute of Politics conference after the election. ... Comey's letter came at a time when the campaignpress may have been itching for a ... 6 percentage points and was poised to win with a map like this one, including states ...

Throw in Putin's meddling and...

12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It does. 

Discovery will go both ways... someone might want to tell McCabe's attorney that. 

I suspect that this FOIA suit is more related to potential prosecution than caring about eventually suing for damages related to his termination.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, peace out said:

THIS REPORT IS IMMINENT IT'S COMING OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait! I want perp walks, I want heads pushed into crown vics.

I want it all, starting with Jim !@#$ing Comey. Get him to flip, and it's on.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Can't wait! I want perp walks, I want heads pushed into crown vics.

I want it all, starting with Jim !@#$ing Comey. Get him to flip, and it's on.

Comey and Obamas lawyers must be sooo nervous! Time to bring down the #deepstate 

Preparation for tomorrow: 

1. Expect heavy redaction, as much as 40% may be redacted.

2. Expect those redactions to draw ire of many on the right while the left will claim the whole report is more hype than substance. 

3. Expect POTUS to drop an Executive Order declassifying the report as was done with the memos. (not immediately, might be a week)

4. This will result in side-by-side comparisons between the original release and the unredacted release which will draw a spotlight to exactly what the DOJ wanted redacted and why - just as we saw with the memos and Page/Strzok texts. 

5. This will create even more outrage and leave less room for the bad actors to hide - which is why the first step is being allowed to happen. 

Also, reminder, this report is the first of several which will be released between now and October.  

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

Does anybody know if one can legally change their birthday for one year, and then go back to the regular day?

If so, I want to move my birthday to tomorrow this year. After all the BS I have endured as a Trump rationalist(I am a supporter because I knew what he was doing, and why it would work, from day 1) over the last 3 years, this is going to be the best present eva!

Then again, if we listen to Greggy, perhaps I should move it to the day the declassifying happens.

While on the subject of birthdays: the leftists here and everywhere? Yeah, you're going to feel like yours has been taken away, for quite a few years.

Once again: November is Coming.

Edited by OCinBuffalo
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Does anybody know if one can legally change their birthday for one year, and then go back to the regular day?

If so, I want to move my birthday to tomorrow this year. After all the BS I have endured as a Trump rationalist(I am a supporter because I knew what he was doing, and why it would work, from day 1) over the last 3 years, this is going to be the best present eva!

Then again, if we listen to Greggy, perhaps I should move it to the day the declassifying happens.

While on the subject of birthdays: the leftists here and everywhere? Yeah, you're going to feel like yours has been taken away, for quite a few years.

Once again: November is Coming.

There is one birthday tomorrow which seems fitting. ;) :beer:

Image result for trump's birthday cake singapore

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

2. Expect those redactions to draw ire of many on the right while the left will claim the whole report is more hype than substance. 

3. Expect POTUS to drop an Executive Order declassifying the report as was done with the memos. (not immediately, might be a week)

4. This will result in side-by-side comparisons between the original release and the unredacted release which will draw a spotlight to exactly what the DOJ wanted redacted and why - just as we saw with the memos and Page/Strzok texts. 

5. This will create even more outrage and leave less room for the bad actors to hide - which is why the first step is being allowed to happen. 

Also, reminder, this report is the first of several which will be released between now and October.  

one more expectation: 

6. Expect Michael Cohen to be arrested either tomorrow or Friday. There's always been a "response" by Mueller when the focus shifts to the IG before, this week won't be an exception.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This whole redaction issue annoys the heck out of me.  Most certainly protects those that need protection, but beyond that, let's open this up and get to it.  None of the key players will suddenly cop to wrongdoing, Clinton inc will not see the light, and the opposition will continue to suggest the other guy is always the problem.  Trump has done a good job of changing the narrative of ghosts of republicans past (just shut up and take it!) and is going to throw haymakers anyway.

I hope you're correct on the Exec Order,  and think that you are.  Declassifying provides something for us all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This whole redaction issue annoys the heck out of me.  Most certainly protects those that need protection, but beyond that, let's open this up and get to it.  None of the key players will suddenly cop to wrongdoing, Clinton inc will not see the light, and the opposition will continue to suggest the other guy is always the problem.  Trump has done a good job of changing the narrative of ghosts of republicans past (just shut up and take it!) and is going to throw haymakers anyway.

I hope you're correct on the Exec Order,  and think that you are.  Declassifying provides something for us all.

Literally just this moment got off a call with a DC journo who told me he's hearing there are no/light redactions and a classified index. Every historian knows all the good stuff is in the footnotes - which means a big chunk of the picture will still be hidden, but the report itself and its findings will be untouched. No one knows if there are referrals for sure, but everyone I talk to says they're expected. I'm not sure those will be unsealed/released/made with this report though, just because all the players are so intertwined with the FISA abuse report (due in August) that it might make sense in a prosecutorial sense to hit them all at once after the second report. 

Two other things to keep in mind:

* Trump gets briefed first thing in the morning on the report. He hasn't said boo about it in a week, expect that to change early in the morning with a tweet-storm.

* Some of the potential avenues of this investigation lead to foreign governments (doubly so with the FISA portion). That will impact how some of this is presented/rolled out. There were actions taken that are nothing short of acts of war by our allies. I think all of that is being handled behind the scenes rather than the alternative, the intent won't be to use any of this as a casus belli (not even against Russia).

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Literally just this moment got off a call with a DC journo who told me he's hearing there are no/light redactions and a classified index. Every historian knows all the good stuff is in the footnotes - which means a big chunk of the picture will still be hidden, but the report itself and its findings will be untouched. No one knows if there are referrals for sure, but everyone I talk to says they're expected. I'm not sure those will be unsealed/released/made with this report though, just because all the players are so intertwined with the FISA abuse report (due in August) that it might make sense in a prosecutorial sense to hit them all at once after the second report. 

Two other things to keep in mind:

* Trump gets briefed first thing in the morning on the report. He hasn't said boo about it in a week, expect that to change early in the morning with a tweet-storm.

* Some of the potential avenues of this investigation lead to foreign governments (doubly so with the FISA portion). That will impact how some of this is presented/rolled out. There were actions taken that are nothing short of acts of war by our allies. I think all of that is being handled behind the scenes rather than the alternative, the intent won't be to use any of this as a casus belli (not even against Russia).

Two thoughts:

1. So over the past couple months, as I have read and followed your posts, it's always with a cynics perspective There's a part of my 50+ year old mindset that figures the big dogs always walk free, a few mid and low level guys do some short time and it all amounts to political theater.  As I've tried to follow the logic of the game within the game (what is mueller reallllly doing, and sessions, what's the real deal there), I keep coming back to the same argument I have when I'm near 100% convinced that the NFL is tilted toward a desired outcome----there are just so many dominos that have to fall for it to play out as one large operation sweep-it-clean.  On the other hand, with some positive things happening economically and a general shift in confidence of many Americans, coupled with Trumps silence on the issue of late...I'm hopeful you're on the right path. 

2. With all the work you've put in---and thanks for that, at a minimum it's been very enlightening and awfully well-done---it's pretty obvious that I'm actually the epicenter of getting s#/+ done up in here. One simple entry about not redacting the IG report and you literally hear from a source it's playing out that way?  I'm a #%#^ing steamroller. 

Tomorrow should be fun. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Worth watching this series of videos in preparation for tomorrow as well (already posted these once):

Started watching with no expectations of watching for more than a few minutes. Watched all 4 entirely.  This lays it out quite well.  It doesn't address Clinton's pay to play stuff with the foundation at all which would make it even more damning, but that subject isn't well developed yet AFAIK. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Deny that the FBI handed Trump the election? Probably not 

Search Results

The Comey Letter Probably Cost Clinton The Election | FiveThirtyEight

May 3, 2017 - Clinton was in a danger zone before Comey's letter ..... in comments at the Harvard Institute of Politics conference after the election. ... Comey's letter came at a time when the campaignpress may have been itching for a ... 6 percentage points and was poised to win with a map like this one, including states ...

Throw in Putin's meddling and...

Keep telling yourself that Fibs.  Comey, Collusion, Racism, Sexism, Aliens, and Crab People cost Hiliary the Election. 

Take your head out of your ass for a moment and consider that Hiliary lost the election here

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Keep telling yourself that Fibs.  Comey, Collusion, Racism, Sexism, Aliens, and Crab People cost Hiliary the Election. 

Take your head out of your ass for a moment and consider that Hiliary lost the election here

Comey actually kept it close by playing along with Lynch and Obama and not actually running a real investigation. Had he done otherwise, there would have at the very least been reports of a grand jury looking at it or even charges filed.  Comey and co. kept her in the game while walking a political tightrope between the truth and Obama's desired outcome. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

No, Comey hurt Clinton and our nation badly. The Russians wanted Trump and helped him, also. 

You have to be a Trump cultist to ignore the evidence. The intelligence community said Russia helped (You Trump cultists just yell conspiracy) and the polls clearly show Clinton lost support after Comey's BS announcement. No amount of evidence will get you to believe that, I understand, but its still the truth. The FBI was also investigating Trump, but since it was against DOJ policy to announce that, they didn't. They followed policy for Trump. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, Comey hurt Clinton and our nation badly. The Russians wanted Trump and helped him, also. 

You have to be a Trump cultist to ignore the evidence. The intelligence community said Russia helped (You Trump cultists just yell conspiracy) and the polls clearly show Clinton lost support after Comey's BS announcement. No amount of evidence will get you to believe that, I understand, but its still the truth. The FBI was also investigating Trump, but since it was against DOJ policy to announce that, they didn't. They followed policy for Trump. 

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Former FBI Director James Comey “deviated” from FBI and Department of Justice procedures in handling the probe examining Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server, according to the highly anticipated DOJ inspector general report expected to be released in full on Thursday.

The report conducted by DOJ inspector general Michael Horowitz says the former FBI chief was not motivated by political bias, according to the report’s conclusions, which were obtained by Bloomberg News.

“While we did not find that these decisions were the result of political bias on Comey’s part, we nevertheless concluded that by departing so clearly and dramatically from FBI and department norms, the decisions negatively impacted the perception of the FBI and the department as fair administrators of justice,” Horowitz's report conclusions reads, according to Bloomberg.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/392252-justice-department-watchdog-says-comey-deviated-from-fbi-procedures

I haven't watched this yet, but it's on topic. 

http://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/392207-rising-june-14-2018-block-c?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Lots of leaks coming out now (and unhinged tweet threads from Clinton acolytes) - this thing is 500 pages. The devil is in the details. No one leaking has read it in full - read it for yourself first and foremost and form your own opinions. Don't outsource it to others.

/pre coffee musing 

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Briefing is going on right now. If there are no tweets ... That's a bigger sign. 

a HUGE sign

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Projection is off the charts with tibs and Gary already today and it's not even 8am :lol:

says the idiot who has been projecting this topic for 39 pages

1 minute ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I'm guessing there will be a lot more stories like this coming out today to take attention away from the IG report.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/nyregion/trump-foundation-lawsuit-attorney-general.html

Stories like this have been coming out ad nauseum since the election.

Correlation does not imply causation