Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

... Wonder why this particular guy is being targeted now by the Daily Beast and Adam Schiff. Any guesses? :ph34r:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-house-aides-plan-to-stop-leaks-spy-on-his-co-workers

It just looks like they're trying to discredit in advance anything he may be able to present regarding a mole in the Trump camp before these revelations can come to light.

Either that or the Daily Beast and Schiff are simply partisan hacks engaged in an attempted hatchet job.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Azalin said:

It just looks like they're trying to discredit in advance anything he may be able to present regarding a mole in the Trump camp before these revelations can come to light.

Either that or the Daily Beast and Schiff are simply partisan hacks engaged in an attempted hatchet job.  :o

Say it ain't so! They're the most trusted name in Fake News! 

3 hours ago, Azalin said:

Either that or the Daily Beast and Schiff are simply partisan hacks engaged in an attempted hatchet job.

Spot on. Read between the lines and you've got ECW doing a mole hunt - as leaked by the people he was hunting, trying to get him fired. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Spot on. Read between the lines and you've got ECW doing a mole hunt - as leaked by the people he was hunting, trying to get him fired. 

Who is the King mole, Tazz or Paul Heyman.

?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Azalin said:

Buried in the article.

DdLA81xVMAYJi_Q.jpg....There's your answer.

DL21NuCN_bigger.jpgStephen MillerVerified account @redsteeze 1h1 hour ago

It’s nice when that mask comes off

hxbD0MyG_bigger.jpgJohn O. BrennanVerified account @JohnBrennan
FollowFollow @JohnBrennan
Deaths in Gaza result of utter disregard of Messers Trump & Netanyahu for Palestinian rights & homeland. By moving Embassy to Jerusalem, Trump played politics, destroyed US peacemaker role. New generation of Israelis/Palestinians need to isolate extremists to find path to peace.
4:52 PM - 14 May 2018

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Buried in the article.

DdLA81xVMAYJi_Q.jpg....There's your answer.

I just wrote up a long piece on the article and its implications... I need to format it for here and post it (it'll take me a bit). But :beer: spot on, B. 

Uh... Duh? 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/14/nunes-gowdy-accuse-doj-launching-anonymous-attacks-on-congressional-investigator.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I just wrote up a long piece on the article and its implications... I need to format it for here and post it (it'll take me a bit). But :beer: spot on, B. 

Uh... Duh? 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/14/nunes-gowdy-accuse-doj-launching-anonymous-attacks-on-congressional-investigator.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

"I would have a lot more respect for DOJ or House committee Democrats if they would take out their frustrations on members of Congress, and leave staffers alone,” South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy, the Republican chairman of the House Oversight Committee, told Fox News on Monday. “The members make the final decision and are responsible for them, not staffers."

"Attacking staffers, planting false stories, and endangering national security by leaking sensitive information to the press, including information about intelligence sources -- this is what the DOJ is doing, and this why trust in the DOJ is rapidly eroding in Congress,” said California Rep. Devin Nunes, the GOP chairman of the House Intelligence Committee."

You have to wonder how much of this crap would be going on if Sessions hadn't recused himself from anything relating to Russians.

32 minutes ago, Azalin said:

"I would have a lot more respect for DOJ or House committee Democrats if they would take out their frustrations on members of Congress, and leave staffers alone,” South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy, the Republican chairman of the House Oversight Committee, told Fox News on Monday. “The members make the final decision and are responsible for them, not staffers."

"Attacking staffers, planting false stories, and endangering national security by leaking sensitive information to the press, including information about intelligence sources -- this is what the DOJ is doing, and this why trust in the DOJ is rapidly eroding in Congress,” said California Rep. Devin Nunes, the GOP chairman of the House Intelligence Committee."

You have to wonder how much of this crap would be going on if Sessions hadn't recused himself from anything relating to Russians.

It's a valid question. My thinking on Sessions runs counter to most, meaning I think his recusal was necessary for the larger game afoot, but I could be wrong. Either way, you're right that this is collateral damage due to that decision.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sally-yates-warns-trump-tearing-legitimacy-justice-department-154148205.html

“What I worry about is the normalization of so much that is not normal,” said Yates, ... “There is a time-honored tradition at the Department of Justice, at least since Watergate, that is nonpartisan,” Yates said. “There is a wall between the Department of Justice and the White House when it comes to criminal investigations and prosecutions.”

Perhaps Ms. Yates should re-read all the "nonpolitical" text messages between the people at the very same "nonpartisan" DOJ (along with all of the other evidence that is coming out) about instituting a very partisan palace coup.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

This is something I wrote up yesterday. It's... not short.

As you all know, brevity is not my strongest suit, so get comfy. :beer: 

TOPIC: The Daily Beast hit piece on ECW and what it portends...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-house-aides-plan-to-stop-leaks-spy-on-his-co-workers

Image result for comfy with a book gif

Last night, at 8:30pm EST, the Daily Beast dropped what can only be described as a hit piece on one Ezra Cohen-Watnick (ECW). The article is filled with all the telltale signs of disinformation and propaganda, complete with unnamed sources and a “resist” bent. The Daily Beast’s hit piece wasn’t even the first shot across ECW’s bow of the day.

In fact, Ben Rhodes tweeted this, just an hour and a half before the article piece dropped:

Curious timing, isn’t it?

In the intelligence world, there is no such thing as a coincidence. And considering Rhodes’ loyalties, affiliations, and basic mental state these days (read: PANICKED) – the coordination of Rhodes (and the group he represents) and the Daily Beasts’ article can’t be dismissed.

Why is so much energy being spent disparaging a formerly unknown DIA spook? Because his role, and what it involves, cuts to the heart of the palace coup attempt and the operation designed to thwart it. By attempting to smear ECW as an “Oliver North” type with delusions of grandeur, Rhodes and Ackerman wind up confirming the coup attempt was/is real.   

But we’ll get there…

Before we dig deeper and analyze the article itself, let’s stop and give everyone a refresher course on who ECW is and why he finds himself (once again) the target of a smear campaign. It's a subject I've covered at great length in other threads (and soon I will create an easy to access index for all of those threads), but here are the nuts and bolts overview of ECW:

DdMuSoSU8AApded.jpg

The above provides important context – but it’s worthless if one does not understand or acknowledge that a palace coup was planned and attempted by elements within the DOJ, FBI, USIC, and 44’s administration.

It’s a coup attempt that remains ongoing…

You are no doubt aware of my position on this issue. While others, especially in the mainstream media, remain skeptical of this palace coup attempt, I (and others) have been chronicling for months how it is very real. My own research has lead me to conclude that this coup attempt, and the counter intelligence sting (CI) orchestrated to thwart it, are not only real,  but are actively influencing everything else we’re seeing splashed across cable news and headlines around the world.

The shadow war is global in nature, and not confined just to our shores or the political battles of the current administration.

It is my “speculation” that elements of MI were aware from as early as 2015 (if not before) that elements of the CIA, 44’s administration, and the “Deep State” were going to assure that the 2016 election was nothing but a coronation for HRC. As such, elements of the MI – including General Flynn and Admiral Rogers (as well as others) formed a plan to fight back and assure the will of the people was not subverted.

This plan included surrounding 45 with counterintelligence experts and setting bait to lure the coup plotters into tiger traps.

I understand this coup and CI sting “speculation” is unsettling to some, and “conspiracy nonsense” to others. I operate by evidence, and go where the evidence leads me. Since I formed this thesis (nearly 3 years ago now), the evidence day by day has only grown stronger in support of it.

That said, I’m one researcher trying to piece together a giant puzzle without the benefit of knowing what the puzzle is supposed to look like when it’s done. As such, I can only offer my analysis and opinions on what exists in open source – which I’ve attempted to do since starting this coverage. If the information changes, so too will my opinion and analysis.

It is my belief that attempting to contextualize or understand current events while ignoring the coup and CI sting is a pointless exercise that ends up leaving people confused or misled rather than informed... And that seems to have been the intent of this hit piece, which leaves out vital pieces of information while blatantly distorting the truth.  

It’s imperative to keep the following context in mind as we go analyse the article:

DdMynazV0AAEukb.jpg

With the set up done, let’s dive in, starting with the first two paragraphs:

DdMysW0V0AA1cVH.jpg

Red flag number one: “Three former Trump NSC officials” are the bulk of the article’s sources.

Of course they are. The “article” relies almost entirely on unnamed, unverified sources because it’s intent is to push an agenda on the reader – not deliver the truth. This is letting us know right up front that it’s not journalism. It’s disinformation, sprinkled with just enough fact to confuse the reader and malign ECW, Flynn, and the CI-team.  

Note in the second paragraph, ECW is said to have sought “technical solutions in early 2017 for collecting and analyzing phone and other data on WH colleagues”. This, essentially, is laying out what ECW and Flynn’s team of spooks were installed to do: find and expose the black hats inside the palace walls.

Much of ECW’s DIA history is shrouded in the world of black operations and hidden behind classifications. It’s never been confirmed that Flynn and ECW knew one another in Afghanistan or Iraq, but logic tells us they must have. Flynn would not appoint ECW to such a prestigious and important position as Sr. Director on the NSC, at such a young age, without having something of a history with the man. What that history might include is pertinent to the CI task Flynn (likely) gave ECW upon his appointment to the NSC.

ECW is described later in the article as a DIA analyst – which paints the picture of a guy who sits behind a desk reading and analyzing intelligence. But that’s almost certainly not the case.

While serving in DIA, eventually as its head, @GeneralFlynn sought to integrate intelligence officers with fighting forces into what are known as Fusion Teams or Cross Functional Teams:

DdMzSrzUwAAaoxd.jpg

DdMzUJuU8AAOOKr.jpg

The above excerpts are from the following source - which is well worth reading - because I haven't given you enough to read so far :lol: 

https://files.danwin1210.me/uploads/F3thinker ! - Secrets !!/The Command.pdf

In other words, ECW wasn’t just a guy who sat behind a desk – instead he was trained to work with other soldiers and officers from a cross section of JSOC and the IC to hunt high value targets in war zones. Tracking down these types of targets in Afghanistan and Iraq requires a certain set of skills, including capturing and analyzing SIGINT quickly and accurately while working in conjunction with different branches of the service and IC to find a specific needle in a pile of needles.

These are EXACTLY the kind of skills that would be required if one were to hunt for leakers or palace coup plotters inside the beltway…

DdM10j-VAAAdJFi.jpg

And remember, ECW was one of several DIA spooks Flynn installed on the NSC. 

After laying out (part) of ECW’s role in the CI-sting, the article immediately casts doubt on ECW’s skillset, belittling him in the process:

DdMz2bdV0AA0ybW.jpg

First, let’s talk about the “overwhelming technical and legal hurdles to doing so”. Ackerman is correct that technologically speaking the task would be daunting, legally speaking it would be a nightmare…

... But that's only if ECW were working in isolation with just the resources of the NSC at his disposal.

Thing is, he wasn’t working in isolation. He was working with a team of like-minded and highly skilled spooks who were being given assistance and cover by this man:

DdM0O4FU8AE_sKr.jpg

Remember Rogers raced to Trump Tower just days after the election and had an unannounced meeting with then President Elect Trump.

https://www.npr.org/2016/11/22/502980006/reports-suggest-nsa-director-mike-rogers-is-on-his-way-out

We don’t know what was said during this meeting, but considering the fact Trump’s entire transition team moved to New Jersey the following day, it can be assumed Rogers tipped Trump about 44’s illegal surveillance operation.

Note here – we can quibble over when Rogers was brought into the CI-Sting, whether it predated this meeting or not.  I lean towards him being in the loop earlier, as evidenced by his actions shutting down the 702 abuse inside the FBI-CID in April of 2016 which remains a crucial event in this entire timeline. Bonus source: 

https://www.scribd.com/document/349542716/Top-Secret-FISA-Court-Order-President-Obama-Spying-on-Political-Enemies?ad_group=725X700959X992da9f8a00ac04ad950f2466b4dd435&amp;campaign=Skimbit%2C Ltd.&amp;content=10079&amp;irgwc=1&amp;keyword=ft750noi&amp;medium=affiliate&amp;source=impactradius&amp;irgwc=1&amp;content=27795&amp;campaign=VigLink&amp;ad_group=1726779&amp;keyword=ft500noi&amp;source=impactradius&amp;medium=affiliate <br/> )

But for the sake of this discussion let’s assume Rogers was read in after this meeting at Trump Tower.

I have speculated, that part of the motivation for Flynn installing spooks on his NSC team was to provide them with higher security clearances than they previously held. Specifically, clearances that allowed Rogers to legally share raw NSA SIGINT with ECW and Flynn’s team. In other words, if you leave out the CI-sting of it all, as Ackerman does in this hit piece, you’d rightfully assume that what ECW was allegedly proposing would be close to impossible from both a legal and technological perspective.

… But if he’s working with the cover and support of Rogers and NSA, well then it’s not only feasible, it’s a powerful alliance that would produce results.

Just like Flynn’s Fusion teams did in the field.

Teams which ECW was (likely) a member of.

Note I used “allegedly” when describing ECW’s efforts. I don’t doubt ECW was hunting moles and palace coup plotters – but I’m highly skeptical he was openly discussing a “monitoring program” with his targets. For this CI sting to work – and it has been working – secrecy and surprise would be paramount. The only way ECW would be discussing this sort of program openly would be to either mislead or lure his targets.

Instead, what I see when I analyze this article is that Ackerman's sources have only just now figured out that the game ended months ago.

A game they, as former officials, lost to ECW and his team.

DdM6gLFUQAAzQMp.jpg

So now, through a cut out in the media, these sources are retroactively repackaging ECW's mission into a “keystone cop thing” rather than the highly effective tool it was. This is more than likely an attempt to blunt as much as they can the information that they know is going to break soon.

Moving on to the next section of the hit piece:

DdM3ORrUwAAJrIh.jpg

This paragraph is chalk full of half-truths, outright lies, and disinformation. This line, however, jumps off the page:

“Nunes then subsequently used the reports in a failed attempt to reinforce Trump’s baseless accusation that Barack Obama had placed his camp under surveillance.”

This article was published March 13th 2018. Two years removed from Devin Nunes' press conference regarding unmasking and illegal surveillance. In that time we’ve learned that Obama’s administration not only had Trump team members under surveillance, they might have been actively planting HUMINT sources inside the campaign.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/about-that-fbi-source-1525992611

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/did-fbi-have-spy-in-trump-presidential-campaign/

We also know there were multiple FISAs issued on Carter Page, and several unsuccessful attempts to get FISAs on other Trump team members. We ALSO know there was a deliberate and coordinated effort that involved John Brennan, Fusion GPS, members of the MSM, and foreign intelligence services (Hakluyt) to disseminate the dodgy dossier in order to bolster the legality of Obama’s surveillance racket.

All of these topics have been covered by independent researchers and journalists which provide hundreds of supporting documents to make the case... Yet, to Ackerman and the MSM it remains a “baseless accusation”. :angry:

Perhaps if Ackerman did more journalism and less blindly following the talking points he’s given, he’d be more aware of the voluminous amount of evidence in open source that proves this surveillance was real, ongoing, and (probably) illegal.

Moving on…

DdM5anyU0AAmDCd.jpg

This statement by ECW’s attorney hits the nail on the head:

“Any unfavorable insinuations to the contrary are coming from cowardly anonymous individuals who have a personal ax to grind.”

Zaid is correct here. The entire premise of the article rests on unnamed sources, former NSC officials allegedly. If they’re former, it’s likely they were ECW and team’s targets in the first place – meaning they absolutely would have an ax to grind.

Notice the use of cowardly above, and then 45’s tweet just yesterday:

Trump wants to find the leakers, he has since the beginning.

He tasked General Flynn to do just that.

In turn, Flynn tasked ECW and others to be his spook team lurking in the shadows.

DdM57l2V0AAysay.jpg

Let’s start with the first paragraph – which to Ackerman's credit – is the one that best resembles actual journalism. As the Daily Beast article discusses later, ECW was viewed as “unfireable” from the NSC even after Flynn was forced out. McMaster wanted to replace him with someone with CIA roots, but Trump refused.

ECW eventually departed the NSC in August of 2017.

There’s controversy over whether he left or was fired. The source linked in Ackerman's article takes the position he was fired:

https://www.justsecurity.org/44897/ousted-nsc-official-takes-job-oracle-cohen-watnick/

DdM7tAaV0AA2lrf.jpg

I’m not buying it. Sorry.

First, this article/source was from last year – and ECW’s alleged opinions on Iran are very much in line with trump’s as we’ve seen with recent events, including the hiring of Bolton.

Second, there’s no way ECW had to go to Bannon or Kushner to save his job. Why? Because Trump doesn’t outsource his opinions of his staff.

As Sr. Dir on NSC ECW was around Trump a lot. Trusted by him to the point of being protected. That’s not because Bannon told him to trust ECW. It’s not even because Flynn said to. No, it’s because by that point ECW had proven himself worthy of Trump's trust through his performance on the job. My analysis is that ECW was not fired (as his representation contends). Rather, he left the NSC when his primary mission, as a part of the CI-sting was complete.

His job history after leaving the NSC makes this clear.

ECW’s first stop was at Oracle, a company with strong ties to Trump, where he worked in an undisclosed position. Curious, isn't it? I wonder what ECW was doing for Oracle between Sept ’17-April-18… a man of his skillset, working for a major tech company in the battle against Google and Trump’s recurring target: Amazon… 

Image result for danny pudi eyebrow gif

But that's speculation for a different thread on another day. 

Then, in April of this year, it was announced ECW’s joining the DOJ. What’s more, the hire was “personally ordered” by Trump himself.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-11/sessions-is-said-to-hire-controversial-former-white-house-aide

Now, do we think Trump would order Sessions to hire a guy he fired? Or a guy who didn’t align with his philosophy and strategy?

Give me a break. 

Back to the Daily Beast hit piece…

DdM8yVaVwAAeg0v.jpg

Let’s start with the first paragraph. The debate around Sessions has swirled for months – and I don’t wish to bog down this already hefty thread waging that fight. But suffice it to say, I’m of the opinion that Sessions is doing his job and playing his part well. So I don’t buy the DOJ/WH beef as it’s being sold to us. It’s kabuki theater.

The second paragraph is telling. Ackerman is trying to sell the idea that this (fake) narrative caused these anonymous former NSC officials to suddenly remember ECW’s “insider threat episode out of suspicion that his new role” at the DOJ will be political in nature.

Nope. Not buying it.

Image result for david tennant nope gif

As I was writing this up, this tweet hit and it brings even more clarity to the topic:

ECW absolutely was “ordered” to the DOJ by Trump to assist Sessions with national security. He’s there, in my opinion, to help in the rollout of what’s to come, including the prosecution of the coup plotters themselves...

Palace coups are matters of national security after all.

DdM9Wg2VQAAz34x.jpg

The next several paragraphs of the hit-piece go into what little detail there is about ECW’s DIA record, stopping to take swipes at General Flynn along the way. This is a case of two birds, one stone. Both Flynn and ECW are clear and present dangers to the palace coup plotters – and both are suddenly very active in the news lately.

Wonder why that is… could it be because something is about to break that’s going to change the entire narrative that MSM outlets like the Daily Beast have been pushing for over a year?

DdM9xQiUwAAZR0v.jpg

Nah… that can’t be it.

Back to the article:

DdM-BbxV0AARcqD.jpg

These two paragraphs are very revealing.

ECW’s mission while at NSC is being purposefully misconstrued here to create a narrative. On one hand, the anonymous sources are acknowledging the leak hunts were real.

And on the other, the sources are trying to reduce the mission down to trying to find “disloyal staffers” rather than the real purpose: to save the republic.

Bold statement – I’m aware. But let’s not lose sight of the fact that’s what this has always been about. It’s not about politics, it’s not about right v left. Not really. The CI-sting was put into place to protect the will of the people. To assure we had a voice in the process.

That implies there was another side trying to deny our voice. Deny our say. ECW and Flynn weren’t looking for people who were disloyal to Trump. They were hunting for people disloyal to our nation and everything it stands for.

Now we come to two of my favorite paragraphs… Not my absolute favorites though, I saved those for last (and I SWEAR we are almost at the end).

DdM_RWpVQAIIAxU.jpg

The first paragraph misses the entire context. It presumes that ECW was working solely within the confines of the NSC and ignores the (likely) NSA cover and assistance he and the rest of Flynn’s team of spooks were working with. Again, remember the Fusion teams…

The second paragraph introduces the first named source into the article. One Jake Laperruque who makes a splash with his first quote, calling the CI-sting a “haphazard scheme” that isn’t “going to result in anything meaningful”.

Did I say splash, I meant splat.

We’ve seen evidence of ECW’s success in the exposure of McCabe, Comey, Strzok, Page, Baker, the Ohrs etc etc…

DdM_scgVAAADrjF.jpg

And finally we reach the end, and my favorite quote.

DdM_071U8AAhRAc.jpg

One of the anonymous sources leads off the penultimate paragraph with this gem: “It’s hard to believe this had any chance of coming to fruition”.

It’s a sentiment even many who have been waiting for justice and real movement can relate to. Everything is seemingly moving slowly. But, despite the pace, I believe we’re about to see a whole butt load of justice handed down with the help of evidence collected and secured by spooks like ECW and others.

This hit piece's attempt to get in front of whatever train is barreling down the tracks is reassuring that progress is being made and justice is coming. 

At least to me. :beer: 

Wrapping it up: This article is exposing the reality of the CI-sting operation put in place by General Flynn and run in the field by men like ECW. It does so while simultaneously disparaging both men and the feasibility of such a plan.

The very fact they’re dragging ECW back into the spotlight now, and doing so with such an eye opening back-door admission of his true purpose on the NSC – means there’s more about to break.

2018 will be glorious. 

DdNBwGyVMAErQH5.jpg

Addendum: As I had my head down trying to write up this piece, this news broke - 

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/387625-mueller-may-have-a-conflict-and-it-leads-directly-to-a-russian-oligarch

It took even less time than I expected for the "something big" to break... 

/END

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 4

13 hours ago, Azalin said:

You have to wonder if that was the plan all along... 

14 minutes ago, njbuff said:

So, is the report coming out or do we have to wait another 7 months?

Well, that depends on what the goals are:

Are you hoping that the goals are the continued weaponization of our intel services against political opponents, this time by Republicans, plunging us permanently into banana republic status; or are you hoping that the work being done leads to air-tight prosecutions, putting an end to the !@#$ery, and restoring the Republic?

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Well, that depends on what the goals are:

Are you hoping that the goals are the continued weaponization of our intel services against political opponents, this time by Republicans, plunging us permanently into banana republic status; or are you hoping that the work being done leads to air-tight prosecutions, putting an end to the !@#$ery, and restoring the Republic?

Whoever needs to come to justice is what ALL Americans should want, not protecting the wrongdoers.