Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

Just now, njbuff said:

Whoever needs to come to justice is what ALL Americans should want, not protecting the wrongdoers.

Then you've answered your own question.

The report will be released when the work towards securing air-tight prosecutions is complete, and not before.  Otherwise, all you're getting is the first scenario I presented.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Then you've answered your own question.

The report will be released when the work towards securing air-tight prosecutions is complete, and not before.  Otherwise, all you're getting is the first scenario I presented.

How many i's have to be dotted and t's have to be crossed though?

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

When it comes to taking down such a sprawling and corrupt apparatus (that's existed for decades), I think they have a TON of i's and t's to make sure they get right. :beer: 

The scope of what is being dismantled is important to remember. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

When it comes to taking down such a sprawling and corrupt apparatus (that's existed for decades), I think they have a TON of i's and t's to make sure they get right. :beer: 

The scope of what is being dismantled is important to remember. 

After all, I don't know sh!t about politics, so I will remain patient.?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

All of them.  You're talking about actively prosecuting the wealthiest and most powerful people on the planet.  If you try to do it half-assed, they'll escape conviction, will turn this into a political football, and the Republic will be permanently lost. 

This is serious business being conducted by serious people.  It's probably, historically speaking, one of the biggest potential turning points in human history.  You don't sacrifice effectiveness to capitulate to short attention span theater.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

All of them.  You're talking about actively prosecuting the wealthiest and most powerful people on the planet.  If you try to do it half-assed, they'll escape conviction, will turn this into a political football, and the Republic will be permanently lost. 

This is serious business being conducted by serious people.  It's probably, historically speaking, one of the biggest potential turning points in human history.  You don't sacrifice effectiveness to capitulate to short attention span theater.

And through all this, the left will say it's all propaganda.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

And through all this, the left will say it's all propaganda.

That's why the evidence they're collecting (through men like Flynn and ECW) is so crucial, as is the time they're taking to get it all right. It has to be airtight to overcome what will undoubtedly be a massive attempt to discredit it all as conspiracy or propaganda. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's why the evidence they're collecting (through men like Flynn and ECW) is so crucial, as is the time they're taking to get it all right. It has to be airtight to overcome what will undoubtedly be a massive attempt to discredit it all as conspiracy or propaganda. 

Exactly.  This has to lead to air tight prosecutions, or it will plunge us directly into civil war; and it may anyhow.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

You have to wonder if that was the plan all along... 

I have little doubt that's the case, but that may just be the cynic in me talking. I have a difficult time believing that Al Franken's Russia questions for Sessions during his confirmation hearings were any kind of masterful insight designed to get the collusion ball rolling and force Sessions to step aside.

Relevant section cued up... one of the IG reports (thousands of pages worth) is dropping tomorrow. 

Note the hearing with Rogers and the IC chiefs was scheduled for tomorrow but was canceled in the afternoon, allegedly because something was about to hit the press. Guessing it'll be this. 

Hearing it'll be about Comey, not confirmed. 

26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Relevant section cued up... one of the IG reports (thousands of pages worth) is dropping tomorrow. 

Note the hearing with Rogers and the IC chiefs was scheduled for tomorrow but was canceled in the afternoon, allegedly because something was about to hit the press. Guessing it'll be this. 

Hearing it'll be about Comey, not confirmed. 

A completely irrelevant aside that struck me as humorous: Gardiner pronounces Hamas "Ham-ass".  :lol:

Edited by Azalin
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just released: Senate inquiry transcripts of all the interviews re trump tower meeting. Been reading some - most will be stunned, STUNNED, to learn there's not much here:

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/press/releases/materials-from-inquiry-into-circumstances-surrounding-trump-tower-meeting

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Closed intel hearing going on now with Brennan, Clapper and Rogers. 

Rogers says the dossier was used for the January ICA - Brennan testifies the opposite(!) Any doubt of where the battle lines are drawn should be removed now. Brennan's going down with the ship, and Rogers is going to be the torpedo. 

(Oh, by the way, Comey refused to come to the hearing today and said if the committee wanted to know about what happened they should "buy his book". Not joking.)

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(Oh, by the way, Comey refused to come to the hearing today and said if the committee wanted to know about what happened they should "buy his book". Not joking.)

:lol: That's awesome.

• Haha (+1) 1