Eric Wood has career-ending neck injury; will retire

YoloinOhio

Just now, MAJBobby said:

What hurts is you lose your Protection Setter and QB of the OL. If you have a young QB it would help so much having that Vet center that you are takong snaps from. Thats were it is gonna hurt immediately 

I don't know that it hurts as much as some might presume.  Remember, Des-Groy-er is a 4-year vet, and has starting experience at center with this group.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't know that it hurts as much as some might presume.  Remember, Des-Groy-er is a 4-year vet, and has starting experience at center with this group.

New QB and new OC as well. Might be a decent time to bring in a new Center anyways. Just looking for bright sides...

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

New QB and new OC as well. Might be a decent time to bring in a new Center anyways. Just looking for bright sides...

Actually, prior to his extension, I was hoping that their plan after matching Groy's offer sheet last offseason was to have him start at center in 2018 and let Eric walk in free agency this offsesaon.

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Fast track him to the Wall of Fame

One of the all time greats to put on a Bills jersey

i could name 50 guys easily who should be on the wall before him. Still a very good player though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah but not sure if he set protections and such that i will have to look. 

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He did

Then wont hurt to much there then.  If Kyle retires this offseason and might think this health issue with his friend might make him lean toward retirement will leave a huge leadership void in Lockerroom 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Then wont hurt to much there then.  If Kyle retires this offseason and might think this health issue with his friend might make him lean toward retirement will leave a huge leadership void in Lockerroom 

I think Hyde can step up on D, he will be a captain imo. not sure who on Offense. Dion Dawkins, though young, seems like a very engaged teammate on the field and off the field.  

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Hyde can step up on D, he will be a captain imo. not sure who on Offense. Dion Dawkins, though young, seems like a very engaged teammate on the field and off the field.  

That kids stock is going to explode. Only 7k follows on twitter, I bet that's over 25 by end of next season. Dawkins sure seems like a "mature beyond his years" type of guy.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hoping Williams comes back, but Hyde definitely seems to have the captain make-up. So does White. 

On offense, I know he's had a muddled past, but is Incognito so far outside the realm of possibility? Alternatively, if Taylor ends up back with the Bills, even if not a starter, he seems like a good captain to me (cue the captain checkdown comments). Or, how about McCoy? Never thought I would suggest him as a captain, but he is a veteran and has really seemed to take on that kind of role recently.