McDermott type Quarterbacks

Tatonka68

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

I honestly want Mason Rudolph.  I don't understand why no one wants him.  He has similar traits to what Brady had coming out of Michigan.  I'm confident Dabol could work with him.

...I'm sure Beane is WELL traveled and this probably means nothing, but he personally scouted Rudolph at the WVU game and his bowl game.....by most accounts here from folks that expertly follow college ball as well as other projections, he is likely available when Bflo picks at 21 & 22......

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'm sure Beane is WELL traveled and this probably means nothing, but he personally scouted Rudolph at the WVU game and his bowl game.....by most accounts here from folks that expertly follow college ball as well as other projections, he is likely available when Bflo picks at 21 & 22......

I think he's the pick.  There's no way he is worse than Tyrod.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

All of the Bills mafia have a opinion of who the Bills should draft, but it is McDermott's call. He is looking for no red flags, a senior with "good grades" and a good character guy. So under these conditions these are the players that fit, Mason Rudolph Oklahoma St, Kurt Benkert Virginia, Mike White Western Kentucky and maybe Sam Darnold. He will never draft, in my opinion, Baker Mayfield, Sam Rosen, or Lamar Jackson. Josh Allen does not fit either but might be drafted anyhow. sorry to bust your bubble.

Too much read into the target of building a winning culture.  While I don’t think that they have any shot at Baker Mayfield, I do think that he very much fits the culture that they are trying to build.  They are looking for guys that football is extremely important to, guys who will put football above everything except family.  They are not necessarily looking for fine upstanding church-going men.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

if they do sell the farm, i think mayfield would be the best fit. i just can't wrap my head around a so. cal guy playing qb for the bills. trade  taylor and glenn(because of injury history) with 21 to indy for no. 3. if that's not enough...one of the 2nds?

You are over-valuing Taylor.  Indy is not going to trade the 3rd pick, it will take a lot more than pick 21 and Cordy Glenn coming off an injury.  I can’t envision any scenario in which the Colts would want Taylor at his current salary as a backup to Andrew Luck.

i am not a Taylor hater, but realistically his current salary makes him a non-starter as a backup and only the truly desperate teams would consider him as a starter.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

So basically he likes scrubs , Quire boys, i don't get it really its already hard enough to find a franchise QB now u need to find one that fits all these criteria. Btw wheres the breakdown of what he likes physically from his QBs do they need to know how to play football?  

A guy like Mayfield fits alot of these criteria u listed he's a senior , smart kid . But does his character check the good or the bad? Because most people are saying he's a student of the gm a football junkie is loved by his teammates and a great leader to them.  Is that the character he's looking for? Because that sounds like a franchise QB to me. 

Lol quire 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

You are over-valuing Taylor.  Indy is not going to trade the 3rd pick, it will take a lot more than pick 21 and Cordy Glenn coming off an injury.  I can’t envision any scenario in which the Colts would want Taylor at his current salary as a backup to Andrew Luck.

i am not a Taylor hater, but realistically his current salary makes him a non-starter as a backup and only the truly desperate teams would consider him as a starter.

true. but maybe they are looking beyond luck. with tt, brissett and a good left tackle....and extra picks maybe they are thinking down the road. it seems like indy is the team to do things a little different....at least in the past.

Edited by billsredneck1

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

He is looking for no red flags, a senior with "good grades" and a good character guy.

Physical abilities to play QB aren't part of the criteria?  Sounds like a solid plan.  LOL

The good news...he will be great in the community.  

Edited by LabattBlue

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Where is josh Allen’s deficit against the parameters you’ve established? 

I would actually take a season off if that happened.  Something I’ve not done in 3 decades

Stop!!! You would not!

24 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Physical abilities to play QB aren't part of the criteria?  Sounds like a solid plan.  LOL

The good news...he will be great in the community.  

He'll have a lot of time for community projects when they cut him.

Maybe he can tutor at UB

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I honestly want Mason Rudolph.  I don't understand why no one wants him.  He has similar traits to what Brady had coming out of Michigan.  I'm confident Dabol could work with him.

There's a lot more fans that want him than you think, including myself. I think Mason would be a good qb  to develop with Peterman while Alex Smith plays for a couple years.