The Time is Now McBeane!

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

Can we stop with the McBeane thing? I know McDermott is hard to spell, but give it a shot. You’ll figure it out. 

When I mean Beane I say Beane.  When I mean McDermott I say McWrestler.  My poor spelling abilities don't factor into it.

When I mean the guy making personnel decisions for the Buffalo Bills, I adapt to the clarity on who has the final call and I say McBeane.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

The time is overdue , the time is now . U guys know what I'm talking bout QB. There's 3 elite guys in this class Darnold, Mayfield & Rosen. We got to get one of these guys and we got to do whatever it takes . Next yrs draft is not looking good for QBs not at all there is no Mannings or Lucks in the horizon.  There is no such thing as the perfect prospect at QB or any other positions for that matter.  

I can care less bout filling holes at DT or Wr in this upcoming draft as long as the biggest hole hasnt been filled at QB. We've gone down this route plenty of times and it hasn't gotten us to where we want to be.  If the Bills brain trust feels like there's 3 franchise caliber QBs in this draft they need to get one.  

The Colts at 3 are the perfect team to make a deal with they have there franchise guy in place with Luck . They also have holes on there team and with no elite high caliber players at the top of the draft they will be open to moving down collecting pks and filling there roster. I got the deal for them if I'm the Bills. Offer our 2 firsts and add a player to the deal that fills the biggest hole on that team at LT Cordy Glenn. I believe the Colts will jump to the chance to add a franchise LT with 3yrs and 23mil left on his deal which is very cap friendly. Cordy and 2 firsts should get this deal done.  

Once we make this deal we are still left with our 2 2s and a 3 to fill holes immediately to help our team. This deal makes to much sense to me.  I'm tired of us bypassing the biggest need in sports(QB)  for Corners, DTs and Wrs . Just look at the AFC over these last 17yrs only 4 QBs have gone to the Superbowl,  Brady, Peyton, Ben and Flacco. What's the common theme here u need a freaking QB... So please McBeane find a way to get us to the top and get one of these guys. What's worst that can happen we will be a Wr short on Sundays. The QB won't pan out? Like people say either go big or go home. 

No more excuses fill the mother of all holes QB . Franchise QBs make up for so much short comings on a team. They are the ultimate hole fillers i don't want to here about anything else come late April i want a freakin QB  . McBeane the time is now!

Even though I agree 100% that a QB should be our # 1 priority , there’s anout a dozen teams who need a QB and are position better then us , and are  probably thinking the same way ( do what ever it takes ) to get a QB , 

so 2 -1st and Glenn might not even be close to get to the # 3 spot ,

We obviously will have another qb or two to compete with Peterman in camp.   Don't say there are 3 elites this year and none next year, you have no clue and neither does any NFL GM.   

The fact is if we knew one guy would be elite we'd trade both first round picks this year and our next 5 first round picks to get the guy.  (what wouldn't  you give up for the next Rogers or Brees?)   i like Sal's proposal to trade up to 12 with Cinci and get our qb there.  Mayfield will likely be there, as will a lot of other good prospects. 

1 hour ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Actually, I prefer everyone spell it out with formal titles. National Football League Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills Sean McDermott and General Manager Brandon Beane. Anything less than that is just lazy, IMO

Don’t they have middle names?

Any QB taken in this draft will need to properly develop to what the NFL does and how it works. The speed of the game is the biggest difference and I suspect that any QB drafted this year will take a few years to develop into being an NFL winner. There are of course a few exceptions but it would be foolish to hope that the QB selected will be an exception. 

Looking at this year's overall record at 9-7 with a roster filled with holes and a QB ranked 22nd, 25th, 25th the last three seasons. I think it would be in the Bills best interest to find a better bridge QB like Bradford (16th), Keenum (12th), Brees (4th), Smith (8th), McCown (23rd) or go all out for a starter in Cousins (7th) and then use all those picks to fill the holes.

Besides, we need to wait until after the senior bowl and the combine to see the final QB rankings. Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson might be up into those first three. If this new regime and scouting dept knows their stuff then perhaps they will find that diamond at 21,22. 

23 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Any QB taken in this draft will need to properly develop to what the NFL does and how it works. The speed of the game is the biggest difference and I suspect that any QB drafted this year will take a few years to develop into being an NFL winner. There are of course a few exceptions but it would be foolish to hope that the QB selected will be an exception. 

Looking at this year's overall record at 9-7 with a roster filled with holes and a QB ranked 22nd, 25th, 25th the last three seasons. I think it would be in the Bills best interest to find a better bridge QB like Bradford (16th), Keenum (12th), Brees (4th), Smith (8th), McCown (23rd) or go all out for a starter in Cousins (7th) and then use all those picks to fill the holes.

Besides, we need to wait until after the senior bowl and the combine to see the final QB rankings. Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson might be up into those first three. If this new regime and scouting dept knows their stuff then perhaps they will find that diamond at 21,22. 

Who's rankings are u talking bout there isnt some advisory board that gives them out to teams to go by or for the fans to see . I mean we got the Kipers, Mayocks of the world but i highly doubt the Bills go by them. 

Whoever they seem fit whatever names may be if they see a realistic chance for the guy they want to be a franchise QB and there's a way to trade for him the Bills shouldn't let anything get in there way of acquiring that said QB. I'm tired of them bypassing our biggest need for the sake of other positions needs such as CB, RB , Wr etc, etc.

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

What would it take to get Bridgewater? (a 1 or 2 year deal) 

Draft whichever QB falls to top Bills pick as well (Rudolph?)

Go into camp with Bridgewater, Rudolph, Peterman.

Assuming don't have to give up the farm for Bridgewater, still have top picks to fill holes: OT, LB, WR, OG, CB

People always worried bout trading up and taking a bust. Well news flash my fellow Bills fan sitting there at 21,22 doesnt guarantee u anything also. I mean on a yr to yr basis half the first rd is full of busts anyways. I'd rather swing big or go home then sit pat and collect dust.

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Elite prospects,  Nobody is a slam dunk coming out of college but if they check the majority of attributes your looking for then go get one of them.  I'm not a scout but i can tell u from watching over 30yrs of football these 3 have the most chance of excelling on the next level. There's a steep drop off to Allen, Lamar and especially Mason.  If the Bills brain trust believes in them go get em no matter the cost. Basically what I'm saying is let's not let a need at another position keep us from getting a QB  that can possibly be here for 15yrs or so.  Holes can be filled with the rest of the draft and free agency and even via player development on the roster.

When i say McBeane its obviously in reference to both men as a team. 

I don't follow college football.   I can tell you I've seen many names of players listed as Elite Prospects.  Many have failed on the NFL.

Let me list a few names in no particular order 

Elite prospects:  Tim Tebow, Johnny Manziel, Robert Griffin III, Danny Wuerffel, Matt Leinart, Rex Grossman, Vince Young, Akili Smith, JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf

I'll believe it when I see it.  

2 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I dig it.  

Caaaaaan you diiiiiiiig it????

Yes, yes I can dig it....

Warriors come out to plaaaaayaaa, McD come out to draaaffffft.

What a great movie.

Draft a QB early enough with Rex choice at QB or other teams backups. Got the tools to get it done. Make it happen

TRUST. THE. QB. PROCESS.

if one of the guys they like slips i just hope they have a plan in place to trade up just in case.  but i think there are too many desperate teams that pick ahead of them that will do what they need to do to get a guy.  Broncos, Jets, Cardinals are all more desperate than we are and Browns and Giants would be silly to not take the top 2 guys

25 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I don't follow college football.   I can tell you I've seen many names of players listed as Elite Prospects.  Many have failed on the NFL.

Elite prospects:  Tim Tebow, Johnny Manziel, Robert Griffin III, Danny Wuerffel, Matt Leinart, Rex Grossman, Vince Young, Akili Smith, JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf

Dude your list looks awfully bad, Tebow was not elite prospect neither was Wuerffel as well as others on your list. That doesnt really matter either way because there's been busts at every position at every spot in the draft. There is no sure way of knowing if a guy is gonna pan out.  We can sit there at 21,22 and take 2 busts then what.  U can't look at the draft this way and if u do your in the wrong business if you're an NFL GM . These guys get paid to do there jobs and use every tool they have to make the best decision for there teams if they believe a guy has a chance to be a blue chip player theyre gonna take there chances

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When I mean Beane I say Beane.  When I mean McDermott I say McWrestler.  My poor spelling abilities don't factor into it.

When I mean the guy making personnel decisions for the Buffalo Bills, I adapt to the clarity on who has the final call and I say McBeane.

I have also seen frequent use of “McCoach.”

37 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I actually think it's nice shorthand for the current regime. Like Brangelina.

GAH!

Clearly I’m in the minority here, so I’ll just sit in the corner, sulking.

“Corlking,” I’ll call it. 

48 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Who's rankings are u talking bout there isnt some advisory board that gives them out to teams to go by or for the fans to see . I mean we got the Kipers, Mayocks of the world but i highly doubt the Bills go by them. 

Whoever they seem fit whatever names may be if they see a realistic chance for the guy they want to be a franchise QB and there's a way to trade for him the Bills shouldn't let anything get in there way of acquiring that said QB. I'm tired of them bypassing our biggest need for the sake of other positions needs such as CB, RB , Wr etc, etc.

People always worried bout trading up and taking a bust. Well news flash my fellow Bills fan sitting there at 21,22 doesnt guarantee u anything also. I mean on a yr to yr basis half the first rd is full of busts anyways. I'd rather swing big or go home then sit pat and collect dust.

If they see a guy that they really, truly feel is going to be that kind of guy, that guy who becomes a Pro Bowl type QB and is here for the next 15 years, then they should make a move and do what they need to in order to move up.  And it will take a lot more than Glenn and our two first round picks to do so.  Take a look at the moves for Wentz and Goff.

As to being OK swinging and missing, you really think you'll be OK if the guy doesn't pan out?  really?  Or will you be on here demanding Beane be fired for giving away the store on a guy that was a bust?

For me, I still say if you're going to spend money, spend it on a guy that you have some clue will be a good QB for you.  Go get Cousins.  My guess is that Darnold will not pan out because this past season shows his inaccuracy issues and he has questionable mechanics.  Allen is similar.  If I had to pick one it would be Rosen or Mayfield, and of those I'd take Mayfield.  But I'd rather take a guy like the kid from western KY in the second and continue to build my roster, especially if I get Cousins.

45 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I don't think Tebow, Manziel, and Wuerfell were regarded as elite prospects.  Tebow and Manziel had obvious drawbacks known to all.  Wuerfell was drafted in the 4th; he might have been puffed-up by a media draft pundit, but he wasn't high on any team's board.

Historically, it's extremely unlikely that there are 4 or 5 future great QB in this draft and it would be unprecedented I think if 5 QB are gone off the board by pick 22.

There may be 1.  There may be 2, or possibly 3, QB who can play capably at the NFL level. 

The hard math of the draft is that if you want a guy who has a 60-80% chance to succeed, he's likely to go in the first 2 picks.

After that, it's maybe 30-40% in the top half of the first round, 20% in the bottom half and the top of the 2nd round, 15% bottom 2nd-3rd, and 1 in 10 or less after that.

The intangible is how the QB is developed.  Who are his coaches, who are his supporting cast etc.

The Bills have to do something.  But every choice has drawbacks and risks.

Trade up to 1-2 pick?  Benefit: lower risk of getting a dud at QB Cost: best picks of this and next 1-3 drafts, no chance to build a strong team through the draft

Stay pat/modest trade up?  Benefit: higher chance to fill other team holes with draft picks  Cost: higher risk of getting a dud at QB

Sign a top FA?  They don't come on the market often.  Benefit: you see how your guy plays in NFL = lower risk of a dud.  You keep all your draft picks. Cost: You better draft well, 'cuz the cap won't let you sign many FA at other positions.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

These are certainly elite QB prospects.  Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning were elite QB prospects.  These guys aren't even close to that.  They all come with a big risk, every last one of them

That's kind of where I am from reading the reviews.  I don't see Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning in this draft.  I'm not even sure I see Wentz or Goff.