The Time is Now McBeane!

I never said there were 3 elite prospects in this draft. What i said is if the Bills have 3 then they need to trade up and get one of them.  I actually have 2 good to great prospects.  Darnold and Mayfield. 

Darnold 20yrs 6,4 230

Pro Comp Carson Wentz

Skills

Great size atletism 

Vision

Accuracy 

Throws into tight windows 

Anticipation 

Good Strong Arm , u don't need a rocket launcher to be a great NFL QB u need to be able to get the ball to locations with speed and velocity.  Hardly any of the top NFL QBs these days have a cannon arm. Brady, Brees, Manning i never seen these guys throw bullet passes all over the field . 

Weaknesses that can be fixed on NFL level 

Mechanics

Foot work

Reading Defenses

Pocket Awareness 

Mayfield 22yrs, 6,1 215 

My Pro comp Jimmy Garropollo 

Master Pocket Awareness 

Anticipation 

Accuracy 

Vision

Good Arm ( makes all throws)

Decent Athlete 

Weaknesses 

Holds ball to long at times

Has prbs throwing into tight windows 

Footwork and mechanics need some work.

Doesn't have ideal height for QB 6, 1.

I have both these guys as really good propects i give them over 65% chances of being franchise blue chip signal callers in the NFL . To me there both worth trading up for 

53 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Alright keep scouting your Corners and DEs while other holes popping up on your team from yr to yr basis like a rotating door. All while other teams are finding there future QBs and Outpacing us to the finish line. 

They've loaded up on draft picks, changed to a winning culture, moved on from guys who didn't fully buy in AND made the playoffs.

Personally I am glad we have Tre'Davious and Milano on the team. I'm trusting the process rather than lets give up everything for an unproven player.

There will be some decent free agents this year and I know McBeane will improve our team where it needs to be improved between the draft and free agency.

3 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I never said there were 3 elite prospects in this draft. What i said is if the Bills have 3 then they need to trade up and get one of them.  I actually have 2 good to great prospects.  Darnold and Mayfield. 

I'm confused coz your original post says "The time is overdue , the time is now . U guys know what I'm talking bout QB. There's 3 elite guys in this class Darnold, Mayfield & Rosen. We got to get one of these guys and we got to do whatever it takes ." 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I don't need them to bring a vet QB in. I don't need them to blow all the draft picks to desperately grab at whatever is left. I'm not gonna live in that fantasy world of quick fixes.

The Bills are building a team. They are building a culture. This isn't about one elite player, it's about every player working together as a team. 

Your all guilty of sleeping on Project Nate Peterman. You give up on a rookie who was thrown into an under performing offense with an OC that they fired. Your gonna hang them 5 picks over his head forever. 

Everybody is clamouring over some new shiny toys that your gonna turn your back on anyway. Your not ready to share in the growing pains of a rookie QB. 

Nate might be the guy, I'm not giving up on him, but he hasn't shown enough to prove he's worth betting the future on, nor has he had enough of a chance to be given up on.

You're living in a fantasy if you think that we can just bet the future on something falling into our hands.

13 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Darnold 20yrs 6,4 230

Pro Comp Carson Wentz

Weaknesses that can be fixed on NFL level 

Mechanics

Foot work

Reading Defenses

Pocket Awareness 

Mayfield 22yrs, 6,1 215 

My Pro comp Jimmy Garropollo 

Weaknesses 

Holds ball to long at times

Has prbs throwing into tight windows 

Footwork and mechanics need some work.

Doesn't have ideal height for QB 6, 1.

I have both these guys as really good propects i give them over 65% chances of being franchise blue chip signal callers in the NFL . To me there both worth trading up for 

I see 3 strikes for both of them.   Not to mention being compared to a guy with only 7 starts (Garropollo). 

Rosen has that Deep ball Accuracy I love to see in the next level and looks head and shoulders more pro ready than any of the other prospects. That being said he is a bit of a prima donna and is already trying to sway Cleveland away from picking him plus he has had some rather controversial comments. That being said college players should make something.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

The time is overdue , the time is now . U guys know what I'm talking bout QB. There's 3 elite guys in this class Darnold, Mayfield & Rosen. We got to get one of these guys and we got to do whatever it takes . Next yrs draft is not looking good for QBs not at all there is no Mannings or Lucks in the horizon.  There is no such thing as the perfect prospect at QB or any other positions for that matter.  

I can care less bout filling holes at DT or Wr in this upcoming draft as long as the biggest hole hasnt been filled at QB. We've gone down this route plenty of times and it hasn't gotten us to where we want to be.  If the Bills brain trust feels like there's 3 franchise caliber QBs in this draft they need to get one.  

The Colts at 3 are the perfect team to make a deal with they have there franchise guy in place with Luck . They also have holes on there team and with no elite high caliber players at the top of the draft they will be open to moving down collecting pks and filling there roster. I got the deal for them if I'm the Bills. Offer our 2 firsts and add a player to the deal that fills the biggest hole on that team at LT Cordy Glenn. I believe the Colts will jump to the chance to add a franchise LT with 3yrs and 23mil left on his deal which is very cap friendly. Cordy and 2 firsts should get this deal done.  

Once we make this deal we are still left with our 2 2s and a 3 to fill holes immediately to help our team. This deal makes to much sense to me.  I'm tired of us bypassing the biggest need in sports(QB)  for Corners, DTs and Wrs . Just look at the AFC over these last 17yrs only 4 QBs have gone to the Superbowl,  Brady, Peyton, Ben and Flacco. What's the common theme here u need a freaking QB... So please McBeane find a way to get us to the top and get one of these guys. What's worst that can happen we will be a Wr short on Sundays. The QB won't pan out? Like people say either go big or go home. 

No more excuses fill the mother of all holes QB . Franchise QBs make up for so much short comings on a team. They are the ultimate hole fillers i don't want to here about anything else come late April i want a freakin QB  . McBeane the time is now!

I agree they need to draft a QB but if they hold at 21/22 and draft Rudolph or Lamar Jackson I'd say they did their homework on all these QB's and the guy they choose they feel they can build around and win with so I don't think it has to be just the 3 you mentioned and to be honest I'm reading alot that Josh Allen is ahead of Baker Mayfield as one of the elite's you're talking about so your list may be wrong, you never know which team has what QB listed ahead of the other. Beane could like Rudolph over all these guys and try's to trade up for him, As long as they try at the position.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I see 3 strikes for both of them.   Not to mention being compared to a guy with only 7 starts (Garropollo). 

First off Mayfield looks just like Garropollo to me almost identical doesn't matter how much he plays in the NFL.  I think the comps to Russ and Brees are a little lazy.

2nd thing the weaknesses these guys have are all fixable on the next level. Over the yrs ive learned the most important attributes to have are 

Vision

Accuracy 

Timing

Anticipation 

Adequate Arm Strenght

If u have those attributes u have a great chance of succeeding on the next level. U just have to be used correctly by your team and most importantly work hard on craft as QB that's meaning perfecting your strenghts and working hard on your weaknesses. 

6 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Can we stop with the McBeane thing? I know McDermott is hard to spell, but give it a shot. You’ll figure it out. 

Why type “mcdermott and Beane” a million times when you can just type McBeane?  Everyone gets it.  Is it worse than the 200+ people that called Marcel Dareus, Darius for his entire time hear?

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I agree they need to draft a QB but if they hold at 21/22 and draft Rudolph or Lamar Jackson I'd say they did their homework on all these QB's and the guy they choose they feel they can build around and win with so I don't think it has to be just the 3 you mentioned and to be honest I'm reading alot that Josh Allen is ahead of Baker Mayfield as one of the elite's you're talking about so your list may be wrong, you never know which team has what QB listed ahead of the other. Beane could like Rudolph over all these guys and try's to trade up for him, As long as they try at the position.

U can read all u like i choose to see with my eyes. Over the yrs i've hit on more top flight QBs and called out some busts by doing the scouting all by myself then actual gms in the NFL. I'm not saying I'm always right or wrong but i know i got a great feel for this . So read up buddy. 

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

If they see a guy that they really, truly feel is going to be that kind of guy, that guy who becomes a Pro Bowl type QB and is here for the next 15 years, then they should make a move and do what they need to in order to move up.  And it will take a lot more than Glenn and our two first round picks to do so.  Take a look at the moves for Wentz and Goff.

As to being OK swinging and missing, you really think you'll be OK if the guy doesn't pan out?  really?  Or will you be on here demanding Beane be fired for giving away the store on a guy that was a bust?

For me, I still say if you're going to spend money, spend it on a guy that you have some clue will be a good QB for you.  Go get Cousins.  My guess is that Darnold will not pan out because this past season shows his inaccuracy issues and he has questionable mechanics.  Allen is similar.  If I had to pick one it would be Rosen or Mayfield, and of those I'd take Mayfield.  But I'd rather take a guy like the kid from western KY in the second and continue to build my roster, especially if I get Cousins.

Well said and what I was attempting to convey.

The only rookie QB I would think this team would go after is Mayfield because of his 70% accuracy and I feel the same way about taking a QB later on while using those first picks for quality starters. I trust the process with these men and that is something that I couldn't say over the past decade. 

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

U can read all u like i choose to see with my eyes. Over the yrs i've hit on more top flight QBs and called out some busts by doing the scouting all by myself then actual gms in the NFL. I'm not saying I'm always right or wrong but i know i got a great feel for this . So read up buddy. 

Nate, I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this but your eyes mean jack, you have no credentials scouting QB's regardless of your track record.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Nate, I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this but your eyes mean jack, you have no credentials scouting QB's regardless of your track record.

I trust my eyes not asking u to do the same. That's the kind of guy i am . These media writing articles talking on tv u have no clue what there angle truly is are they paid by the players agent to hype players? Are they told to put a guy high in there mock for click bait . I love to identify talent its a hobby of mine .

Since they have eliminated that gassy bloating feeling I normally have during the post season, I refer to them as McBeano.

And personally all three of those guys are going suck balls in the NFL.  Especially Mayfield.  Stay where we are and draft for need... Draft White in the 2nd round. Let White, Peterman, and Taylor fight for the job.

10 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

The time is overdue , the time is now . U guys know what I'm talking bout QB. There's 3 elite guys in this class Darnold, Mayfield & Rosen. We got to get one of these guys and we got to do whatever it takes . Next yrs draft is not looking good for QBs not at all there is no Mannings or Lucks in the horizon.  There is no such thing as the perfect prospect at QB or any other positions for that matter.  

I can care less bout filling holes at DT or Wr in this upcoming draft as long as the biggest hole hasnt been filled at QB. We've gone down this route plenty of times and it hasn't gotten us to where we want to be.  If the Bills brain trust feels like there's 3 franchise caliber QBs in this draft they need to get one.  

The Colts at 3 are the perfect team to make a deal with they have there franchise guy in place with Luck . They also have holes on there team and with no elite high caliber players at the top of the draft they will be open to moving down collecting pks and filling there roster. I got the deal for them if I'm the Bills. Offer our 2 firsts and add a player to the deal that fills the biggest hole on that team at LT Cordy Glenn. I believe the Colts will jump to the chance to add a franchise LT with 3yrs and 23mil left on his deal which is very cap friendly. Cordy and 2 firsts should get this deal done.  

Once we make this deal we are still left with our 2 2s and a 3 to fill holes immediately to help our team. This deal makes to much sense to me.  I'm tired of us bypassing the biggest need in sports(QB)  for Corners, DTs and Wrs . Just look at the AFC over these last 17yrs only 4 QBs have gone to the Superbowl,  Brady, Peyton, Ben and Flacco. What's the common theme here u need a freaking QB... So please McBeane find a way to get us to the top and get one of these guys. What's worst that can happen we will be a Wr short on Sundays. The QB won't pan out? Like people say either go big or go home. 

No more excuses fill the mother of all holes QB . Franchise QBs make up for so much short comings on a team. They are the ultimate hole fillers i don't want to here about anything else come late April i want a freakin QB  . McBeane the time is now!

Preach

I'm higher on the Big 3 QBs in the draft than many.  I know a lot of people have questions about all of them, but, to me, I think they all have a great chance to be special in the NFL.  And, as hard as it is sometimes to deal away picks, I am a firm believer that it is pretty easy to fill other positions on the field with good players.  The one position that it is not easy to fill is QB and that is the 1 position you have to take chances on every once in a while.

The Colts have been my target from the start.  Give up whatever is necessary to get to 3.  Is it a risk?  Sure is......  But it's time to take a big swing and get the position right for a change.  Risk is worth it......for the QB position only.  Get me Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield no matter what the cost.

5 hours ago, Putin said:

Even though I agree 100% that a QB should be our # 1 priority , there’s anout a dozen teams who need a QB and are position better then us , and are  probably thinking the same way ( do what ever it takes ) to get a QB , 

so 2 -1st and Glenn might not even be close to get to the # 3 spot ,

Who are the dozen teams?

Draft order:

1 browns

2 Giants

3 colts

4 browns

5 broncos

6 Jets

7 bucs

8 bears

9 raiders

10 sanfran

11 dolphins

12 Bengals

13 skins

14 Packers

15 cards

16 Ravens 

17chargers

18 Seahawks

19 cowboys 

19 lions

Browns, broncos, Jets, cards, skins are the only definite.

Giants are in play too, but who knows with them.

Everybody else on that list is set.

Cousins will most likely wind up a bronco.

That leaves:

Browns and jets in top6

Cards and skins we will have to jump though. 

If cousins stays with skins, the broncos will take a QB almost certainly.

I'm not sure where you get "a dozen teams aheaed of us"

3 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Revisionist history is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

You're acting like Manning had no negatives on his profile.

Yes Manning was an elite prospect, but his draft profile had many risks listed.

Many thought he had reached his ceiling, which is why Manning vs Leaf was an actual discussion.

Bill Walsh, who was well known to be a great talent evaluator, said he would pass on them both.

Manning's draft profile:

Peyton Manning: Manning is probably the most prepared QB to enter the NFL draft in several years.. He has had a storybook college career, and has been in a top level program with excellent coaching, and he has maturity and great intangibles to go along with his natural skills.. He should be able to pick up the mental aspects of the game early on the NFL level, and should play very quickly. He has great overall field vision. He is a fierce competitor, and all of his mechanics are very solid. He has good arm strength, but not necessarily a “gun” that you might expect from a QB at the top of the draft.. He has adequate mobility and good overall AA, although he is not a scrambler by nature. He has done an excellent job of getting the most out of his abilities, but he is not quite as natural a player as Leaf. One question that some NFL scouts have is the question “will he get any better?”. At times he gives the appearance of being a self-made player, and sometimes those types of players don’t always go on to great NFL careers. In Manning’s case, he may be a solid and productive NFL QB, but he may not have Hall of Fame type skills, but it certainly won’t be for lack of effort.. He has probably been the most scouted player in the draft in recent years, and because that NFL teams tend to look too much at potential flaws, instead of accepting him for what he is, a great college QB that is on his way to an outstanding NFL career.

I'm not saying anybody in this draft is Manning.

I'm saying that every prospect has warts.

It's how those warts are managed, or how big they are, that makes the difference.

Here is Leaf for comparison:

Ryan Leaf: Leaf appears to be the hot QB in this draft, and he led WSU to a storybook season...He is a physically imposing QB with great size and strength....he is very sturdy and durable in the pocket, and is a surprisingly good athlete for his size...He has a strong arm and shows good touch, and can change up the speed on his passes...He has good feet, but is not really a scrambler. However, he can stand in and take the big hits....He is a very naturally gifted player, but could improve on his throwing mechanics, although it is not a major problem....There are no physical or athletic limitations to hold Leaf back from becoming a great NFL QB. However, there appears to be some minor nagging questions in the area of maturity and his mental approach to the game. He is perceived as not always an easy guy to work with, and he tends to beat to his own drummer...As good as he is, he can have some streaks on the field where he looks like he has forgotten everything he has been taught...There seems to be a nagging question here that something might be missing, but it may be hard to verbalize it...However, Leaf made all the right moves at the end of his season when he declared for the NFL draft...Unless he turns some teams off in individual interviews between now and the draft, he should have no problems....Nobody will question his physical abilities, and it is not outlandish to think that he could be the first pick of the draft, instead of Peyton Manning....There is a huge upside with Leaf, and it is conceivable that he could be one of the best young QB’s in the game in 2-3 years...His ability to play as physical as he does and take the hits that will obviously come, when playing for a team that obviously doesn’t have a very good OL, will help him get over the tough times as a team builds around him.

His sounds a lot like Allen, but his faults were magnified because he was insane.

I'm not sure Allen will be a stud, but I don't think he's as crazy as Leaf.

None of these QBs come close to comparing to Manning coming out.  He was an elite prospect, these guys aren't.  Doesn't mean they can't get better when they get to the NFL but they aren't elite prospects.  

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I think you will find a lot of arguments about the merits of Luck.   

Andrew Luck coming out was an excellent prospect and besides his extended injury has been very good in the NFL.  That's not the point though, the point is that he was an elite prospect.  The guys this year are not elite.  Doesn't mean they can't be elite NFL players but they aren't elite prospects.  

16 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

None of these QBs come close to comparing to Manning coming out.  He was an elite prospect, these guys aren't.  Doesn't mean they can't get better when they get to the NFL but they aren't elite prospects.  

Andrew Luck coming out was an excellent prospect and besides his extended injury has been very good in the NFL.  That's not the point though, the point is that he was an elite prospect.  The guys this year are not elite.  Doesn't mean they can't be elite NFL players but they aren't elite prospects.  

There are plenty of NFL scouts who disagree with you that none of these guys are elite prospects.

Looks like you didn't even read Manning's scouting report.

There are 3 maybe 4 very good QB PROSPECTS.  There may be zero elite QBs.  I know most understand the difference, but there is considerable risk with giving up a lot for any of these guys.  Each of the "top prospects" carries some concerns:

Rosen- some questions about his want-to, how important is the game to him

Darnold - 13 INTs and 11 Fumbles in 13 games this year.  That is a lot of turnovers for a top prospect

Allen - Low level of competition that he did not dominate, poor completion percentage

Mayfield - primarily height and overall size

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

First off Mayfield looks just like Garropollo to me almost identical doesn't matter how much he plays in the NFL.  I think the comps to Russ and Brees are a little lazy.

2nd thing the weaknesses these guys have are all fixable on the next level. Over the yrs ive learned the most important attributes to have are 

Vision

Accuracy 

Timing

Anticipation 

Adequate Arm Strenght

If u have those attributes u have a great chance of succeeding on the next level. U just have to be used correctly by your team and most importantly work hard on craft as QB that's meaning perfecting your strenghts and working hard on your weaknesses. 

Read Taylor's Draft breakdown.    I've posted it numerous times.   Search WEAKNESSES 

Some things you just can not change.   

• Like (+1) 1