26CornerBlitz

Mike McCoy won't be the OC per Carucci

24 minutes ago, Fredonia Frank said:

can't be true - chad/don told us he was a lock

Dunchadwickkirk meant Shula not mccoy. He got the Mike part right and Check the record - both last names have the same number of letters so he was obviously correct. Suck it haterz!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think McDermott’s a creature of habit and will hire someone he has worked with before. My guess is that it will be Chud. I’m holding out hopes for Jim Caldwell!!

11 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

He's a good coach for sure. No Tyrod though right?

I asked Matthew Fairburn a similar question on Twitter earlier today and he replied that the odds of retaining Taylor would increase (presumably because of some similarities in skill set between Wilson and Taylor) but not by a ton, Fairburn then added he would prefer Baker Mayfield tho.

1 minute ago, bills522 said:

I asked Matthew Fairburn a similar question on Twitter earlier today and he replied that the odds of retaining Taylor would increase (presumably because of some similarities in skill set between Wilson and Taylor) but not by a ton, Fairburn then added he would prefer Baker Mayfield tho.

...but obviously that's just speculation from him, guess my point is Bevell could see some things in Taylor he may want to work with... I'm hoping for a different vet QB and a rookie pick, myself

Edited by bills522
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dunchadwickkirk meant Shula not mccoy. He got the Mike part right and Check the record - both last names have the same number of letters so he was obviously correct. Suck it haterz!

Nice take.  Where did I see that before? LOL 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Holy crap you're right!  We've been talking to a bonafide real insider!  My apologies.

That's fine I wasn't feeling MCoy anyway.

Maybe McD will guve up on him since it's the second time he's turned us down.

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Fairness my :censored:. Earlier this week, he posted that it was a done deal.  He's a fraud. Not only because of this, but other BS he's posted that has been easily refuted. 

True story. I wanted to give him a fair shake, and I did. He has now been wrong many more times than he was right.

Even some of the things he was "right" on were cryptic or probable anyway (kyle play, rico fired)

The jig is up.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He's so far off my radar now.

12 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

I think McDermott’s a creature of habit and will hire someone he has worked with before. My guess is that it will be Chud. I’m holding out hopes for Jim Caldwell!!

We could do alot worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shotgunner said:

That's fine I wasn't feeling MCoy anyway.

Maybe McD will guve up on him since it's the second time he's turned us down.

True story. I wanted to give him a fair shake, and I did. He has now been wrong many more times than he was right.

Even some of the things he was "right" on were cryptic or probable anyway (kyle play, rico fired)

The jig is up.

Same here.  I never thought someone would do that for so long.  I believed him at first too.  Glad though that McBeane is keeping things shutdown.

1 minute ago, DJB said:

How am i supposed to feel???? Someone tell me!!

Fine. There are many good candidates who are available. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Same here.  I never thought someone would do that for so long.  I believed him at first too.  Glad though that McBeane is keeping things shutdown.

I actually think Whaley was the leak (not dons, but all the leaks last year)

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

We still Believe that McCoy will be the OC. We believe it will still be within the week. 

We who?

Are you considering don/chad/you as we? Weird. Are you the 3rd personality?

39 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

In all fairness to Chad/Don, he said Buffalo had made the offer to McCoy, but he admitted there was doubt about him taking it.  Carucci did not explain why McCoy is not going to be the OC.  It could be because he doesn't want it, or Buffalo doesn't want him.

Give me a friggin break.    The guy is a straight up legit mental case with major, major psychiatric issues.   Stop feeding him.   Let him get the help he needs.

No adult should be that emotionally needy.   He must have suffered severe trauma in his life.   You can't get that effed up without a lot of bad sht happening in your life.

isn't the west coast offense kind of predictable? You can shut it down because you know they'll bootleg 

Shula is not someone i would like here. Most of that offence was around designed Cam runs with the odd toss to Mcaffrey or Olsen. His wr struggled there. 

The connection with Benjamin though makes him very plausible 

2 minutes ago, jr1 said:

isn't the west coast offense kind of predictable? You can shut it down because you know they'll bootleg 

Not really, when you have option routes designed to match up against the defense played it's a very hard offense to stop.  The catch is finding smart receivers and a QB.

Tyrods west coast offense was predictable though... Drop back and if your primary is covered run in circles until the safety option is open for a check down.

Edited by Woodman19

11 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I actually think Whaley was the leak (not dons, but all the leaks last year)

We who?

Are you considering don/chad/you as we? Weird. Are you the 3rd personality?

what was that guys name last year. he was on a roll for a bit then he ran out of gas. man I forgot his name

I don’t like the way McDermott is on actual game days with in game decisions, clock management and even some personnel decisions...but man I like this coach. This team is ready to play from during the week prep. We have good game plans. The guys play hard. The system makes sense and he doesn’t put up with bull ****. If you are an issue or you don’t perform, you are either cut, trades or fired. I like this guy. No messing around.

• Like 3