Bills' WR Corps DFL in the NFL in Separation with the Ball in the Air

8 hours ago, Doc said:

By the time he actually threw the ball, the receivers were better covered. 

This. Not to mention the actual number of attempts is very low for Tyrod. Also, he doesn't throw to WR's much. He throws to big TE's who don't get a lot of separation.

13 hours ago, HappyDays said:

So Tyrod's passing windows were smaller than every QB in the league? That busts one myth.

Part of the seperation is the QB anticipating the route and throwing on time. If a QB waits for the WR to break open there will be less seperation. 

Part of it is our WRs. 

I don't think this stat says a whole lot about anything though. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

How in the hell do you measure seperation... Basically some football junkie watched every pass by every QB and recorded their perceived amount of spereration???

I chalk this particular run of stats as one mans perception..

Not saying we don't have this issue but this is the 1st time I ever heard of  someone rate WR separation at the time of catch.

then the 6 page debate that follows some hear say stat.. kind of silly

Edited by ddaryl

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

How in the hell do you measure seperation... Basically some football junkie watched every pass by every QB and recorded their perceived amount of spereration???

I chalk this particular run of stats as one mans perception..

Not saying we don't have this issue but this is the 1st time I ever heard of  someone rate WR separation at the time of catch.

then the 6 page debate that follows some hear say stat.. kind of silly

Incorrect. The method was already explained earlier in the thread and it's not a measurement at the catch.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Incorrect. The method was already explained earlier in the thread and it's not a measurement at the catch.

Could you link up the explanation on how it’s measured? On my phone and skimmed through fast but didn’t see it 

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

alright measurement at release.. Still a very silly thing IMO

What I find weird is somehow we need a stat like this to tell everyone here what we already know.. We need to upgrade the QB and WR situation.. 90% of the posters are already on this train...

43 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

alright measurement at release.. Still a very silly thing IMO

What I find weird is somehow we need a stat like this to tell everyone here what we already know.. We need to upgrade the QB and WR situation.. 90% of the posters are already on this train...

ALL ABOARD 

Image result for NFL Collectible Train SetsImage result for NFL Collectible Train Sets buffalo

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

2 yards of separation is a lot in the NFL. This stat is pretty pointless.

I agree it's pretty useless. 

Quaterback rolls right, throws ball out of bounds as he approaches the sidelines. CB on left side of field stops running with WR once quaterback is undoubtedly heading out of bounds or throwing away.

So that counts as 10-20 yards seperation on certain plays. Chiefs led the league? My guess is they held their routes longer than most WR groups.

Sammy has a low seperation rate, is that because he doesn't separate or because he doesn't "run out" dead plays or plays he won't be thrown to?

Bad stat.

9 hours ago, PolishDave said:

That was just explained.   It was measuring all the receivers on the field at the time the ball was thrown.   In other words, the entire receiving unit as a whole on average.   Not just the targeted receiver.

So on average, play after play, game after game over the season, the Bills receivers got less separation than other teams.

In fact, worst in the league at getting and/or staying open.    As some people accused them of being.

That wasn't explained.

The question was about how do you know the ball was thrown at the correct time?

6 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

:rolleyes:

Continue making assessments from an out of context number. You're doing great.

Not sure what you mean.  I didn't invent the stat.   Merely commenting on what it suggests.    I don't think it is a great stat either.  I think it is pretty weak and definitely too vague to prove anything decisively - as almost every single stat is.  It is just fun to discuss things. :thumbsup: