Meet the Bills two 1st round picks!!

Tatonka68

I know that video highlights can be deceiving but Rudolph sure looks like a tall pocket passer that can stand in and take a hit ...and deliver a strike when called upon!  Deep routes, crossing routes, fades to the pylon, etc. Nothing on that highlight reel looks like a 'system' QB.  My two cents.

3 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’ll take the WR.. The QB no thanks

No doubt.  Please say to to mason rudolphz. He could be a slightly better version of Landry Jones imo.  Love the WR but would prefer to bolster the front 7 in the 1st 2 rounds over a wr.  QB, MLB, DT, pass rusher, RG. Would rather have one of these RBs over a wr too.  Gotta see which RBs might be slipping to rd 4 -5 before pulling the trigger on  one in 1-3.  Really love those Georgia kids.  Michel looks like he could be special.  Doesn’t look like a 215 lb rb, but he is.  Would definitely buy a Chubb jersey.  Bryce Love, Guice among other are tempting. We need a good backup and shadys heir. Rewinding to last year,  I was happy we took Zay, but Kamara really would’ve looked amazing in a Bills uniform, sigh

6 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

Why do so many not want Rudolph as our future QB?  Seems pretty solid overall to me!

The QB we don't want is Lamar Jackson.  College QB who will not be successful in the NFL.  He is a runner first and not very accurate in the tough matchups. 

The thing I like about the process is that it tends to sort these things out and talent and toughness is floating to the top. 

18 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

Why do so many not want Rudolph as our future QB?  Seems pretty solid overall to me!

The QB we don't want is Lamar Jackson.  College QB who will not be successful in the NFL.  He is a runner first and not very accurate in the tough matchups. 

Not another TT

15 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Rudolph throws such an ugly football imo...reminds me of the ducks Manning used to always throw...just change your freakin grip already.

The funny thing is that one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history three ducks... whatever works I guess

Edited by Dkollidas

20 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Remember when Philip Rivers was criticized for his herky-jerky throwing motion that was quasi-side arm?? How'd that work out?

I don't understand people who say that Rudolph's arm isn't good enough....I've seen enough video - absent the one posted by the OP - that showed his arm is plenty strong enough for the NFL. Now, in this video, you see him throwing the ball routinely 50 yards at a time....with relative ease. You also see several "tight window" throws that require more zip than distance, and he makes those....does THAT make him a qualified NFL starter? No....

But when you look at his resume in its total, and you look at the game film, hard to think he's not well worth a late 1st round pick. He checks all the boxes....and yes, college spread Offense, but that has been the knock on several QBs and you can't blame the kid for type of Offense. He will need to work and learn how to take snaps under center and learn an NFL Offense, but when you look at his production, look at his progression and growth over 3 years as a starter, and then see videos like this one and others, you take the kid at 21 and don't look back....

Agreed. I'm no scout but I also would take him at 21. I don't see the negatives others see.