Yannick Ngakoue accuses Incognito of racial slurs

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Please be sarcasm. Oh, please be sarcasm.

I think it's just misinformation thinking Ngakoue is born in Afrika.  Ngakoue has a father from Camaroon but he's on the record saying he's never been there, and wants to go.

Wouldn't surprise me if Incognito said something like "get to Africa like you wanna" which is fair game IMHO if the guy is on the record saying he wants to.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Why would the guy even make the tweet in the first place?  There is absolutely nothing he can possibly gain from it other than unwanted attention during preparations for the next playoff game.  It's another classic case of the "think before you hit submit" mentality that is badly needed.  Even if he's 100% correct (or even 70%), nothing comes of it.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Schools and universities are designed to create them.  Ivy League schools take your little darlings and turn them into folks who think correctly, don't you know?

Oh for crap's sake.  Why not try to prove you can think independently without an Ivy League school, instead of slotting yourself into "think correctly" mode of your own

(just a different mode of "correct" thinking, just as unoriginal).

For those of you who do not know or do not remember, Incognito had the support of the entire Dolphins locker room . . . except for one guy.  Ask Mike Pouncey whether he thinks Incognito is a racist.  Ask any of his Bills' teammates.

Let's not assume one way or another just because one guy goes on twitter after a game and makes an accusation.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh for crap's sake.  Why not try to prove you can think independently without an Ivy League school, instead of slotting yourself into "think correctly" mode of your own

(just a different mode of "correct" thinking, just as unoriginal).

You are assuming a fair amount based on a quick comment.  I am a conservative, but more influenced by European thought.  I am not a gun-toting Trump voter, for instance.  I have a PhD in the humanities.  I speak from experience.  If one espouses proclivities for traditional Western culture (Homer and the Bible,) one will find it almost impossible to find an academic position.  Progressive ideology has a stranglehold nearly everywhere from elite institutions to community colleges.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

SJWs need to be wiped from this country. They are a cancer, a disease, a terminal disease.

Paulus said this 18 minutes ago, sorry won't let me edit.

Anyone who thinks any particular group, fictitious or real, needs to be "wiped from this country", is a worse cancer, disease, and terminal disease than the group of which they complain.  Period.  Even psychopaths and mass murderers deserve their day in court. 

Deny that, and you deny the "due process" and other legal principles that made this country great, which makes YOU the bigger problem.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Paulus said this 18 minutes ago, sorry won't let me edit.

Anyone who thinks any particular group, fictitious or real, needs to be "wiped from this country", is a worse cancer, disease, and terminal disease than the group of which they complain.  Period.  Even psychopaths and mass murderers deserve their day in court. 

Deny that, and you deny the "due process" and other legal principles that made this country great, which makes YOU the bigger problem.

Well, I assumed that was hyperbole.  If meant seriously, it's certainly deplorable.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You are assuming a fair amount based on a quick comment.  I am a conservative, but more influenced by European thought.  I am not a gun-toting Trump voter, for instance.  I have a PhD in the humanities.  I speak from experience.  If one espouses proclivities for traditional Western culture (Homer and the Bible,) one will find it almost impossible to find an academic position.  Progressive ideology has a stranglehold nearly everywhere from elite institutions to community colleges.

I only see what you say and assume what I can from it.  Your comment is unoriginal and, following up a comment about "wiping out" a group, proves you to be as much a "correct thinker" as anyone you might complain of.

There are plenty of people teaching both traditional Bible and Greek lit at universities, including Ivy League ones.  Now some smaller LA schools, you may have a point, but it has more to do with hiring priorities than esposed proclivities (ie, there is an institutional decision to hire more African history teachers and fewer Western history teachers) . 

This whole whining against so called "SJW" and so called "politically correct" thought has gotten way out of control, as or more out of control as the movements that spawned the reaction.  I respect people who want diverse thought, I don't respect people who complain about "correct thought" while spewing their own brand of lockstep.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just for context’s sake:

Yolo man, I love you, but your quotes are coming through to me dark blue and I can't read 'em.  Not true of anyone else.  Anything you can do?

3 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

At this point this Dlineman brought on a distraction.  He should be worrying about the Steelers and not some statement he thought he heard that no one else did.  If there is an issue please deal with it later because all it is right now is a distraction.  

Right on.  And since I'd love to see the Cat-people get embarrassed by the Stillers, Distract Away Yannick!

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Schools and universities are designed to create them.  Ivy League schools take your little darlings and turn them into folks who think correctly, don't you know?

I would love to know which Big Brother decides what is "correct"?

I am not picking on you and have not bothered to look at the history of your posts to try to find out why you have posted this.

I happen to be an Ivy League grad.  I went to one of the most liberal universities in the country and graduated an admirer of Milton Friedman. 

As always - and as I do here much to the chagrin of some - I will continue to voice my views even if they are contrary to the "conventional" or board's "wisdom" on any particular subject.

I would hope we all (regardless of which school one may have attended) would feel free to express our views rather than be lemmings and adhere to what the people who are the loudest or post more frequently may prefer.  Having said that, I had to take a break from this board for a period of time.

Just my two cents.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This whole whining against so called "SJW" and so called "politically correct" thought has gotten way out of control, as or more out of control as the movements that spawned the reaction.  I respect people who want diverse thought, I don't respect people who complain about "correct thought" while spewing their own brand of lockstep.

I did explain that I did not read the original message board comment as serious.  If you want to continue to act as if I am party to a desire to actually wipe people out, that's not honest on your part.  Lockstep that isn't really lockstep isn't lockstep, but fine, I can live without your respect.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I only see what you say and assume what I can from it.  Your comment is unoriginal and, following up a comment about "wiping out" a group, proves you to be as much a "correct thinker" as anyone you might complain of.

There are plenty of people teaching both traditional Bible and Greek lit at universities, including Ivy League ones.  Now some smaller LA schools, you may have a point, but it has more to do with hiring priorities than esposed proclivities (ie, there is an institutional decision to hire more African history teachers and fewer Western history teachers) . 

Yolo man, I love you, but your quotes are coming through to me dark blue and I can't read 'em.  Not true of anyone else.  Anything you can do?

Right on.  And since I'd love to see the Cat-people get embarrassed by the Stillers, Distract Away Yannick!

Unfortunately nothing i can do - they don’t look dark blue to me so not sure.

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dion Dawkins has weighed in:

Dion Dawkins (@DDawkins66)

" Just for the world to know, everyone always tryna put some bad thing on @68INCOGNITO i was next to my guy the entire game and the entire season and believe me, if he was saying some racist stuff I would have been the first to let him know that was out of line. Cut The BS "

Yeah, but what is Dawkins’ heritage? Should we believe him?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

I would love to know which Big Brother decides what is "correct"?

I am not picking on you and have not bothered to look at the history of your posts to try to find out why you have posted this.

I happen to be an Ivy League grad.  I went to one of the most liberal universities in the country and graduated an admirer of Milton Friedman. 

As always - and as I do here much to the chagrin of some - I will continue to voice my views even if they are contrary to the "conventional" or board's "wisdom" on any particular subject.

I would hope we all (regardless of which school one may have attended) would feel free to express our views rather than be lemmings and adhere to what the people who are the loudest or post more frequently may prefer.  Having said that, I had to take a break from this board for a period of time.

Just my two cents.

The metaphysics of truth exceeds ideological conceptions, but that requires a discussion not germane to this kind of board.  Naturally, one may graduate from any program and run counter to the ideals established by department chairs and the like.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The metaphysics of truth exceeds ideological conceptions, but that requires a discussion not germane to this kind of board.  Naturally, one may graduate from any program and run counter to the ideals established by department chairs and the like.

Indeed.