Solution at QB?

wppete

So obviously after watching this game Tyrod and Peterman are not the answer at QB if we want to become an elite team. What is the answer at QB for us???? Trade up and draft either Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen or Josh Allen? Or go after a guy like Alex smith or Cousins???? Or maybe a combination of the two????? 

We we really need to finally fix the QB position to be take seriously.

I personally go Smith and Rudolph or Mayfield

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

The solution is in the draft. Trading for Smith is such a bad idea. I’d rather see a rookie play.

Seen your anti Smith takes for a minute now. Honest? If Smith was our QB, do we win today?

You pop a rookie QB in right away and you have a 50%+ chance of breaking him.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Seen your anti Smith takes for a minute now. Honest? If Smith was our QB, do we win today?

I don’t know. Maybe we do. Maybe we don’t. We willl never know. I simply hate the idea of trading away picks for an aging QB. If Smith were a free agent then I wouldn’t care. 

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t know. Maybe we do. Maybe we don’t. We willl never know. I simply hate the idea of trading away picks for an aging QB. If Smith were a free agent then I wouldn’t care. 

I personally think we move on to NE with Smith, all opinion based though. I just want to cover both as I'm concerned the rookie busts and sets us back 3yrs or so straight. Hit it hard in FA and the draft for once in my life time. Please....

Edited by Real McCoy

Just now, Bangarang said:

I'd give them a 4th or 5th rounder.  He's super cheap and at 34  - I'd extend him another year.  Draft my replacement and let's go.

Just now, White Linen said:

I'd give them a 4th or 5th rounder.  He's super cheap and at 34  - I'd extend him another year.  Draft my replacement and let's go.

I would assume the Chiefs aren’t looking to just simply dump him. I’d be surprised if a mid round pick gets it done. 

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Probably not.  Smith hasn't won a playoff game since the 49ers.  He didn't do crap against the Titans in the second half yesterday.  Why is he all of a sudden better if he plays for the Bills? I wouldn't be pissed if we got him or anything, but I don't think he is thaaaaat much better than Taylor that he could win us a super bowl.  

I would rather they identify and draft someone.  Then we have to pray that someone pans out of course.  If the goal is to keep getting into the playoffs with no real chance of winning it for the next couple years then sure... go for Smith.  If the goal is to build for the future and win a Superbowl then they have to draft somebody sooner rather than later.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I would assume the Chiefs aren’t looking to just simply dump him. I’d be surprised if a mid round pick gets it done. 

Depends on how much interest there is for him.

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Probably not.  Smith hasn't won a playoff game since the 49ers.  He didn't do crap against the Titans in the second half yesterday.  Why is he all of a sudden better if he plays for the Bills? I wouldn't be pissed if we got him or anything, but I don't think he is thaaaaat much better than Taylor that he could win us a super bowl.  

I would rather they identify and draft someone.  Then we have to pray that someone pans out of course.  If the goal is to keep getting into the playoffs with no real chance of winning it for the next couple years then sure... go for Smith.  If the goal is to build for the future and win a Superbowl then they have to draft somebody sooner rather than later.

Scott, find me a game were the Chiefs D held their opponent to 10 pts in the playoffs and they lost.

The guy has a 14:2 TD to INT ratio in the playoffs over 7 games. The Chiefs D simply is not good.

Edited by Real McCoy

14 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

How did Smith do yesterday? Lost. 33 yards passing in second half. No, we would not have won today with Smith.

8 minutes ago, Bills365 said:

Aj mccaron? He finds out if hes a ufa in early february. Dont know much about him. But he could possibly be a young free agent qb nexr month.

and he could be had for probably less people think. jimmy g went for a second. we could send tt.glenn and a second....and still draft rudolph. call me what you will but if they decide to draft a qb and name nate the starter while building a core through the draft, i'm ok with that. if nate starts next year, i think he can be as good as alex smith.

19 minutes ago, wppete said:

So obviously after watching this game Tyrod and Peterman are not the answer at QB if we want to become an elite team. What is the answer at QB for us???? Trade up and draft either Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen or Josh Allen? Or go after a guy like Alex smith or Cousins???? Or maybe a combination of the two????? 

We we really need to finally fix the QB position to be take seriously.

Bortles?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Scott, find me a game were the Chiefs D held their opponent to 10 pts in the playoffs and they lost.

The guy has a 14:2 TD to INT ratio in the playoffs over 7 games. The Chiefs D simply is not good.

So at best we would have won this game.  They aren't getting by the Pats or the Steelers with him.  Sorry, I just think that Smith is the pinnacle of game manager.  Good enough for regular season wins, but not good enough to win the whole show.  Would make a great bridge QB while a real rookie QB is developed, but at what cost?