Only in Buffalo would this be considered a successful season

6 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

It def is. Imo there is some truth to what op said though. We need a qb and we dont know what the plan is yet. Shady is going to be 30. There is some real questions here. 

Oh I agree for sure. We need a QB and we need defensive line help desperately, among other holes. 

But i I take issue that he hasn't been around in months, celebrating the playoffs with us all. 

If if you don't seem to take any joy in breaking that 17 year drought and getting that huge anvil off all of our collective shoulders, then I have to question if you are a true Bills fan. Most true Bills fans felt the weight of that 17 year playoff drought hanging heavy over everything and took immense joy when it was broken.

How can you not make one post about breaking the drought?! And then show up today to make this thread...? 

I guess it depends on how you define success.  To me, making the playoffs and taking many steps in the right direction to put a competitive team on the field is success.  Sure there's only ultimately one winner so I suppose by your definition the super bowl loser should be viewed the same as the Browns at 0 and 16.

The Bills need an infusion of talent to go deep in the playoffs and still had opportunities in this game to move on.  That says a lot for the effort and what could be a solid foundation.  Upgrades on D in the front-7, O line, maybe another WR and RB, and of course QB.  A lot of complaints about Dennision's play calls so we'll see on that.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

9-7 Make the playoffs off a fluke play by a ginger QB. We still have no QB, an aging RB and offensive line. Cant get no pressure on QB from front 4. Only bright spot is secondary and head coach/GM. Just as far away as we have been since the 90's. 

You either need to smoke one more 

or smoke less

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

9-7 Make the playoffs off a fluke play by a ginger QB. We still have no QB, an aging RB and offensive line. Cant get no pressure on QB from front 4. Only bright spot is secondary and head coach/GM. Just as far away as we have been since the 90's. 

Loser post of year,  making the playoffs when everyone expected you to tank is huge.  They surprised everyone and we should be very proud,  the fact this team does not have any huge big name players and play makers they were the story of the season the whole NFL.

Thanks Buffalo Bills for playing above expectations and making the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.  Lots of love from Niagara.....

I disagree, I think we had a successful season, We made the playoffs, played competitively in the playoffs, and have something to build on, done by a rookie head coach who had a bad QB. My expectations are met for this year. Next year they will be higher, If we can get a QB well, we should be making some noise next year.

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I guess it depends on how you define success.  To me, making the playoffs and taking many steps in the right direction to put a competitive team on the field is success.  Sure there's only ultimately one winner so I suppose by your definition the super bowl loser should be viewed the same as the Browns at 0 and 16.

The Bills need an infusion of talent to go deep in the playoffs and still had opportunities in this game to move on.  That says a lot for the effort and what could be a solid foundation.  Upgrades on D in the front-7, O line, maybe another WR and RB, and of course QB.  A lot of complaints about Dennision's play calls so we'll see on that.

Good post, thanks, I needed that!

The drought had to end.  It doesn't matter if it took luck or effort that thing was a cancer on the franchise that had to be removed.

How the Bills are set up for the future is a separate discussion, but a season that ended in the playoffs at this time in the team's history was a successful one.

OP may be trolling but I think this mentality is so dumb.

Since your team is probably not winning a championship every single year, success in sports is relative in a lot of ways. Enjoy the ride instead of living for days that may never come.

Just now, LA Grant said:

OP may be trolling but I think this mentality is so dumb.

Since your team is probably not winning a championship every single year, success in sports is relative in a lot of ways. Enjoy the ride instead of living for days that may never come.

Let's see.  It was the first year with a new regime.  They shed some bad contracts and seeds.  Added talent.  Got extra draft picks.  A  have a lot of cap room.  And they still make the playoffs?  Yeah, it was a very successful year, in Buffalo, or anywhere else.  OP must be holding his breath to point of hypoxia with each puff.

• Like (+1) 1