I hope someone from the media asks McDermott why...

KDS73

I have an awfully hard time faulting the defense for just about anything this game.  They shut down the run and pass and allowed only 10 points.  

They were lights out today, this loss falls squarely on the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

Whether it was the failure of the coordinator to put a spy on Bortles or the failure of the players to maintain containment on the edges, I don't know, but it was a definite problem.  The main issue, however, was the offense.  Either the receivers weren't getting open, or as I suspect, Tyrod wasn't finding them when they were.

I don’t know. Jax held the Biils to 3 points. People saying offense was the problem are missing the point of this thread.

if McDermott had adjusted and run the Defense he did in the last 5 mins for the entire second half the Bills would of had a better opportunity to win. I hope a reporter does ask why McDermott didn’t make Bortles win w his arm? McDermott witnessed firsthand how that’s done when teams shut down Tyrod.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, popcornpam said:

Our linebackers were too busy running back towards the ocean   Really what kind a back up defense was that

Agreed! And without Millano we had absolutely NO SPEED in front of the DB's.

We should’ve spied him and took our chances with him actually making a good throw.  Not spying him is the reason we lost the game imo.  They had zero offense other than bortles running.  Our coaching blew it imo. Bortles looked god awful throwing the ball.  Spy him and force him to throw.  Nice effort by the D but we failed, 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDS73 said:

why he didn't put a spy on Bortles.  Letting Bortles continue to run without doing a damn thing about it was just astounding.  It would've made all the difference in the world.  And don't give me the "hindsight is always 20/20" line either.  When the qb is running all over you, you put a spy on him.  Especially when it's a terrible throwing qb like Bortles.  That's just football 10.   McDermott deserves a big part of the blame for this loss.  

They gave up 10 points.

10 !@#$ing points.

And you want to point out they didn’t spy Bortles.

Stupid.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Yeah it sucked seeing Bortles run like that but can you honestly complain when they held the Jags to 10 points?  That was a championship caliber game by our defense today.  They held Fournette to 57 yards on like 22 carries. Although they did get some serious help from Bortles missing some easy throws that would have probably resulted in some big yards from dump off passes.  The Dareus story didn't even develop because he made no difference for either team really.

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, KDS73 said:

why he didn't put a spy on Bortles.  Letting Bortles continue to run without doing a damn thing about it was just astounding.  It would've made all the difference in the world.  And don't give me the "hindsight is always 20/20" line either.  When the qb is running all over you, you put a spy on him.  Especially when it's a terrible throwing qb like Bortles.  That's just football 10.   McDermott deserves a big part of the blame for this loss.  

When the defense holds the #1 run offense in the league to 10 points, the defense is typically not the problem.

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

With the lack of talent we have on defense, they gave up 10 points...10.  In a playoff game, that should get it done but our offense with Tyrod at the head is enemic.  Shady wasn't bad even playing through injury, Tyrod was just garbage.  More talent will be walking in next year, will be fun to watch

If this isn't a word, it should be.  A weird amalgam of "anemic" and "enema" seems suitable right now

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

They gave up 10 points.

10 !@#$ing points.

And you want to point out they didn’t spy Bortles.

Stupid.

It’s true.  They played well, but not well enough.  They should’ve spied Bortles.  They had NOTHING else

2 hours ago, MDH said:

Yeah, allowing those 10 points killed the Bills.

They weren’t going to pitch a shutout. Teams will get theirs, this time is was cia the scramble. You allow 10 points you should win, period.

This.   Who cares about a spy.  

Defense did its job. 

Difference was with Tyrod out of the pocket he had no place to go.  Bottles no where near the runner and couldn't throw a decent pass had tons of running space and both scores were due to his runs.

Yes perfectly acceptable to ask.

Edited by Billsfan1972