Watkins FA Value

Virgil

6 hours ago, Magox said:

I always believed that we ended up getting the better end of that trade and that time would eventually prove that to be the case.

I think the Rams will offer him around  $7m guaranteed with incentives that could push it to $10m

They better be north of 10m because he said last year he wanted 14m.

I think the Rams would be smart to pass on him,the price they paid was a small rental fee.

A late second and a DB that didn`t fit their system.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I think people forget Robert Woods got a 5 year 34M deal, 5M base salary and 3M roster bonus, 8 M cap hit. 15M gauranteed. so I'll say Sammy goes for 10M base salary, 6M roster bonus for a 16M cap hit, 25M gauranteed and there is not a chance that the Rams won't resign him.

....sounds pretty reasonable......and it's a good bet McVay keeps the Kupp-Woods-Watkins core together for Goff...........

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Totally agree.  Woods showed all season (and the seasons they were both Bills) that he is the better receiver.  Sam single (really no) handedly effed the Rams in that game.  Diva without earning diva status.  So glad he's gone.

But when they traded Sammy for that EJ guy and draft picks it was evidence we are tanking. We will never get above 5 wins this year. No way we see the playoffs.

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I can see him signing with SF or DAL if he gets to Free Agency. 

San Fran would be his best bet if he wants to put up the numbers to repair his stock. I still think LA keeps him because of what they gave up. 

3 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

But when they traded Sammy for that EJ guy and draft picks it was evidence we are tanking. We will never get above 5 wins this year. No way we see the playoffs.

Guilty as charged!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just looking at pure stats, watkins had a season that puts him in line with a lot of decent no. 2-ish receivers in the league (Henry hunter, amendola, terrence Williams, and Randall Cobb).

i think that’s how he’s going to be looked at and how’s he’s going to be paid.

I actually don’t see any teams wanting to give him a 1-year large Dollar “prove it” deal. Seems sort of ill-fitting to his situation. 

Whats crazy is that both woods and even glass Goodwin are going to Probably end up with better NFL careers than him, when all is said and done.