Let's Go TITANS!

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

• seifert_kevin.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop
    Kevin SeifertNFL Nation

Rarely do we see an NFL game without at least one or two questionable officiating calls. The job is really, really hard. The game is faster than ever and fans are better equipped to spot mistakes than ever before.

Equally rare, however, is seeing the type of criticism that Mike Pereira levied on Saturday night after the Tennessee Titans' 22-21 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. Pereira, the former NFL officiating chief turned Fox Sports analyst, knows intimately how difficult the job can be. And yet Pereira crushed the work of Jeff Triplette and the referee's playoff crew after a series of odd calls in the wild-card matchup.

But when Pereira -- who speaks his mind, but is no way incendiary when it comes to officiating -- uses the word "horrible," it's worth taking notice.

47 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good.  Another ****ty zebra gone.  To me it seemed like they called it that way because otherwise the game would have been a blowout and people would have turned off their TVs.

34 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is beyond dumb, even for Mehta. 

Just now, Doc said:

Good.  Another ****ty zebra gone.  To me it seemed like they called it that way because otherwise the game would have been a blowout and people would have turned off their TVs.

This is beyond dumb, even for Mehta. 

How is that? Revis didn't try at all on the play. 

37 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

• seifert_kevin.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop
    Kevin SeifertNFL Nation

Rarely do we see an NFL game without at least one or two questionable officiating calls. The job is really, really hard. The game is faster than ever and fans are better equipped to spot mistakes than ever before.

Equally rare, however, is seeing the type of criticism that Mike Pereira levied on Saturday night after the Tennessee Titans' 22-21 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. Pereira, the former NFL officiating chief turned Fox Sports analyst, knows intimately how difficult the job can be. And yet Pereira crushed the work of Jeff Triplette and the referee's playoff crew after a series of odd calls in the wild-card matchup.

But when Pereira -- who speaks his mind, but is no way incendiary when it comes to officiating -- uses the word "horrible," it's worth taking notice.

There definitely were some head scratcher calls/non-calls.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How does Reid survive another playoff choke job?

He may be worse than Marv Lewis because of his better regular season record.

HE has to go down as the worst playoff game day manager in history.

Did you see all those drops by the WR's to close out the game? I thought the Bills guys dropped a lot of balls but alex smith had no help from the WR in the last 10 mins.

1 minute ago, GoBills! said:

Did you see all those drops by the WR's to close out the game? I thought the Bills guys dropped a lot of balls but alex smith had no help from the WR in the last 10 mins.

Maybe he should have handed the ball off to the NFL's top RB more?

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How does Reid survive another playoff choke job?

He may be worse than Marv Lewis because of his better regular season record.

HE has to go down as the worst playoff game day manager in history.

...did you see his presser?......reporter asked him why he abandoned the aggressive 1st half play calling in the 2nd.......and Andy went on his mumblin', stumblin', bumblin', grumblin' clear as mud "that's on me...I have to do better" refrain...............

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Other than the forward progress call (which was called immediately on the field before the fumble and cannot be reviewed), none of the rest of that laundry list had any impact on the game.

I know but he"s still a bad ref and needed replay to fix a number of obvious bad calls

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

And that's why there's instant replay.

I agree but coaches then have to use a challenge when not necessary if correct call was made....especially on obvious calls

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe he should have handed the ball off to the NFL's top RB more?

That would have been a smart move

Just now, nucci said:

I agree but coaches then have to use a challenge when not necessary if correct call was made....especially on obvious calls

I agree but before there was replay and the challenge, that's a punt.  No recourse.

Also, a blatant bad call rarely results in a lost challenge.

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

Is there a screen shot of it?

I’m sure it will come out. It was on the local sports segment and I rewound and still framed it forward. 

It looked like the ball passed the “blue” line when he let go.  

I like when he said the penalty negated the play so the previous play could be reviewed even after the snap.  

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’m sure it will come out. It was on the local sports segment and I rewound and still framed it forward. 

It looked like the ball passed the “blue” line when he let go.  

I like when he said the penalty negated the play so the previous play could be reviewed even after the snap.  

As long as any part of his bodyis behind the LOS, the throw is legal.  His foot was on the line.  It's a good TD.

As for the review after the next play, honestly have never seen it called that way EVER.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Replay wasn't able to be used on Mariota's sack and clear lost fumble. 

It was a play blown dead by the ref, not some conspiratorial huddle or conference with NYC.

Not all calls are reviewable, some are immediate judgement calls by the refs and are left to stand.  Isn't that exactly what you and tons of others were crying for a week ago on this board?

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was a play blown dead by the ref, not some conspiratorial huddle or conference with NYC.

Not all calls are reviewable, some are immediate judgement calls by the refs and are left to stand.  Isn't that exactly what you and tons of others were crying for a week ago on this board?

It was a massive blunder.  Call it crooked or incompetent, I don't care.  But I get it: because it went against Andy Reid, you're okay with it.

19 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Take these Chiefs down and get us a better 1st rd pick please.

I'm no Dunkirk Chadwick Don but have a feeling we give the Chiefs back their first for Alex Smith.

Oh I thought you were a Mularkey fan. Ok, I'll let it pass this time. LOL

17 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

Oh I thought you were a Mularkey fan. Ok, I'll let it pass this time. LOL

LOL, not even close. 

All about that draft stock for me baby!  Them losing yesterday gives us the pick around 21st now instead worst case = 32nd. 

Edited by Real McCoy

20 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

LOL, not even close. 

All about that draft stock for me baby!  Them losing yesterday gives us the pick around 21st now instead worst case = 32nd. 

Yeah that was definitely sweet. Let's call it Mularkey paying back his debt to Bills! XD

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was a massive blunder.  Call it crooked or incompetent, I don't care.  But I get it: because it went against Andy Reid, you're okay with it.

Andy Reid never needs the refs help losing playoff games.  He's proven himself incompetent.

But guys like you want it both ways---refs initial plays should not be reviewed by NYC.....unless they should be reviewed by NYC!  You wouldn't make a peep about this if it happened in favor of the Bills today.  No one here would be fake outraged over it.  No goofy claims of Tripplett being "crooked" (nice play The Doc-nald!) 

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Andy Reid never needs the refs help losing playoff games.  He's proven himself incompetent.

But guys like you want it both ways---refs initial plays should not be reviewed by NYC.....unless they should be reviewed by NYC!  You wouldn't make a peep about this if it happened in favor of the Bills today.  No one here would be fake outraged over it.  No goofy claims of Tripplett being "crooked" (nice play The Doc-nald!) 

You can barely remember what you've said, don't dare to speak for me. I've always said that all plays should be reviewed.  They just shouldn't be arbitrarily overturned by some moron in an office with a BS reason given when it's obvious to everyone else that he's wrong.    Mark Perera called this particular call "horrible."  It was. 

55 minutes ago, Doc said:

You can barely remember what you've said, don't dare to speak for me. I've always said that all plays should be reviewed.  They just shouldn't be arbitrarily overturned by some moron in an office with a BS reason given when it's obvious to everyone else that he's wrong.    Mark Perera called this particular call "horrible."  It was. 

You just said it can't be reviewed,  so how could it be "arbitrarily overturned"?  

Perrier is one to talk....

55 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You just said it can't be reviewed,  so how could it be "arbitrarily overturned"?  

Perrier is one to talk....

That play couldn't because Triplette stupidly blew the whistle. I was talking about other plays. 

Pereira officiated in the NFL. Who are you to disagree?  Use your own advice. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That play couldn't because Triplette stupidly blew the whistle. I was talking about other plays. 

Pereira officiated in the NFL. Who are you to disagree?  Use your own advice. 

Which other play was arbitrarily overturned?