Unleash Tyrod ... Really

Gugny

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

A few of you may know that I'm not a big fan of Tyrod Taylor.  I've kept my opinions to myself, for the most part.

If there is one thing that Tyrod is good at (and there really only is one thing), it's making plays with his legs.

If there was ever a time to say "!@#$ it" and let him just do his thing, it's this Sunday at 1pm EST.  With McCoy's bum wheel, as much as I think Murphy is a good back (I really do), we need Jacksonville to respect our ground game.  Let's face it, they're not going to respect a passing game that's been near, or at, last in the league for each of the past three seasons.

If our defense is up to the daunting task of keeping Blake !@#$ing Bortles from generating any kind of passing threat against us, perhaps we can keep Fournette from beating us and let Tyrod's legs open up some sort of passing threat of our own.

Is this a sustainable formula for a 17+ week season?  No.  But it's a new tournament now.  It's a four week season.

We kept hearing about Taylor being "unleashed," but we never saw it.  I think it's time we do.

Agreed. Keep him out of the pocket and on the move. TT’s a baller, and I still think he just may have some big-game intangibles in him if we just let him play his game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills offense is at its best when chaos ensues. Good defenses don’t prey on their mistakes either. They don’t turn it over. They are unconventional.  

I think this is where a lot of Hotrod grief comes from.  While in 3 years with him under center we have won .535 of the games, many dislike him because he is not that 6' 3" taken in the first round golden armed franchise QB.  He's unconventional, yet effective.

Sometimes thinking outside the box is good.  A QB that's different and an offense that takes advantage of his talents would be smart.  Great coaches have done that throughout history. Everyone laughed at Tom Landry when he introduced the shot gun.  Everyone laughed at Marv when he wanted to runt he 2:00 offense all game long.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I hope his thing isn't sitting on the bench with a towel on his head again. If they hold him in the pocket to be a QB this game is over by halftime. Tyrod needs to step up big time for this game.

Go Bills

I hope Shady can play. Tyrod has a much bigger playset with him. If the Jags try to keep him contained (which their sure to do) Shady needs to run wheel routes every play with Taylor tucking the ball and faking like he's gonna run and then dumping to Shady ( or Murphy who is also decent out of the backfield) If they don't loosen up this Jags D we'll need a shovel cause we're in deep s...

Edited by BeefCurtns

29 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I think this is where a lot of Hotrod grief comes from.  While in 3 years with him under center we have won .535 of the games, many dislike him because he is not that 6' 3" taken in the first round golden armed franchise QB.  He's unconventional, yet effective.

Hes not effective.     We rank 29th in offense. 

Your statement is a stretch.   

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Sometimes thinking outside the box is good.  A QB that's different and an offense that takes advantage of his talents would be smart.  Great coaches have done that throughout history. Everyone laughed at Tom Landry when he introduced the shot gun.  Everyone laughed at Marv when he wanted to runt he 2:00 offense all game long.

Many dislike him because he can not run a functional passing offense. End of story.  

Has absolutely nothing to do with his height, race, where he was drafted, hat size, or favorite food. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Dunkirk Don has been hanging off Webb's package for weeks.  

Ouch.. You'd think Webb would prefer to have his horn tooted.

I to beleive we should have a TT strength designed gameplan ready to roll

Edited by ddaryl

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Hes not effective.     We rank 29th in offense. 

Your statement is a stretch.   

We're the sixth best team in the AFC.  We're in the PLAYOFFS

QBs job is to win.  We win. And yes, Hotrod helps.  A lot actually.

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

Many dislike him because he can not run a functional passing offense. End of story.  

Has absolutely nothing to do with his height, race, where he was drafted, hat size, or favorite food. 

Phillip Rivers and Matthew Stafford and Kirk Cousins had a ton more passing yards than Hotrod but they'll be watching HIM on Sunday.

There's a lot more to football and QBing and winning than passing yards. In fact, the 3 leading passers last Sunday will all be watching football this weekend.

I never said it had anything to with his height, race, where he was drafted, hat size, or favorite food. 

16 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

We're the sixth best team in the AFC.  We're in the PLAYOFFS

QBs job is to win.  We win. And yes, Hotrod helps.  A lot actually.

Phillip Rivers and Matthew Stafford and Kirk Cousins had a ton more passing yards than Hotrod but they'll be watching HIM on Sunday.

There's a lot more to football and QBing and winning than passing yards. In fact, the 3 leading passers last Sunday will all be watching football this weekend.

I never said it had anything to with his height, race, where he was drafted, hat size, or favorite food. 

K, just revise the part about Tyrods effectiveness for realism.   

15 hours ago, bobobonators said:

How much creativity do you think 60yr old Rico has left in the tank? Maybe he was able to phone a friend this week and got some notes from Kubiak. 

I fully expect the same gameplan from the offense:  if its a close game, 100% conservative. Heaven forbid we actually take a lead anywhere near the 3rd quarter: turtle power football here we come! 

All jokes aside. I dont expect any major change on offense or defense from these coaches.

try and win time of possession. Dont turn the ball over. Score just enough to keep it close. Get a huge turnover on defense. Live to see another day. 

That's probably the approach they will take. Worked for Parcels all those years.

• Like (+1) 1

Sadly really think Mccoy is going to be a non factor in the game....I dont think he will even suit up.....got a feeling Murphy is going to be the big surprise here.....

5 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I bet Dennison calls the same conservative game that he has been calling all season. I’m curious to find out if TT has the testicular fortitude to improvise and do things on his own. Before it’s too late. 

....if somehow they get the lead and good 'ol McD/Dennison play not to lose, Hackett runs Fournette 40 times against this porous run defense.....uh oh.....

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

As all you know my thoughts on TT. 

However Dennison go put him in the best shot to win out first playiff game in a long time. 

Move him, run him, play with tempo, and put him in shotgun

In others words, Dennison should do this playoff game what he should have been doing all year.  Hope a light comes on in Dennison's head.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....if somehow they get the lead and good 'ol McD/Dennison play not to lose, Hackett runs Fournette 40 times against this porous run defense.....uh oh.....

If they get a lead and they play not to lose, then McDermott shouldn't be a HC.

And I am a McDermott fan.

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If they get a lead and they play not to lose, then McDermott shouldn't be a HC.

And I am a McDermott fan.

...cannot agree more on BOTH accounts bud.....slightest inclination about "Jauron ball" and next week's threads with be about FA/Draft versus going to NE..formidable Jax defense and power run offense.....stay tuned....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Do you honestly think this whole staff and Rex Ryans staff didn't think of passing the ball more? Unfortunately our QB will not take a chance of getting the ball picked off so he won't throw it to a guy who isn't wide open, we do that against the Jags and he'll get killed, best bet is to run it down their throats, many screen passes that Tennessee killed the Jags with in week 17, what does this team have against screen passes?