McDermott - Better Lucky then Good?????

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m sure you watch the 31 other teams as much as you watch the Bills where you can determine accurately McDermott is just the luckiest HC.

Yes this year it was something else and even the questionable calls seemed to work out.  

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Something else when you come to think of it.  The Bill are in the playoffs.......  So take this thread for what it is.

Every second guess this year, bad decision, questionable call and I am convinced that McDermott was wrong, yet not once did it come back to bite him in the ass.....

He is the luckiest coach I've ever seen (outside Belicheck and officaal calls and reversals).

6 times (Mia x 2, KC, Atl, TB, Indy) the opposition had the ball with a chance to win at the end of the game and the Bills somehow survived after giving up leads and letting teams back in the second half and each time the Bills got a break, a turnover or somehow held on.

Think about it.....  Miami we trounced twice for 40 minutes and then tried to give them a chance to win.

TB we got a fumble and then by luck converted a third & 7 with again a run to ice it.  

Indy a missed fg, kicking from the 41, Brissett missing a wide open Hilton to give the Bills one more chance and 30 yards further to go,  and then Webb completing a 35 yd hail mary in the snow (yes I'll call it a hail mary). 

Atl missing on 4th & 3 from the 7 (and a PI missed on the play).

KC another Int.

I really can see the Bills up 13-0 vs. Jax and again trying to eat clock the entire second half and Bortles throwing another game ending int.....

Let's hope it lasts another week and then it is NE again.  

i think Leslie Frazier deserves a lot of credit for closing out those close wins. I was thrilled when he was hired and he's been an excellent coordinator this season.

One reason we get those last drive interceptions is because we are properly executing the 'prevent'/zone defense. We have players in position where the QB has limited options and when he does throw, we are in position to intercept. Turnovers aren't always luck, they are often helped by the design of the coverage. We have an excellent DC and a great secondary.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

i think Leslie Frazier deserves a lot of credit for closing out those close wins. I was thrilled when he was hired and he's been an excellent coordinator this season.

One reason we get those last drive interceptions is because we are properly executing the 'prevent'/zone defense. We have players in position where the QB has limited options and when he does throw, we are in position to intercept. Turnovers aren't always luck, they are often helped by the design of the coverage. We have an excellent DC and a great secondary.

You mean like Cutler handing us that last int or Fales in his first game for Miami throwing it expecting the receiver to turn in and he turned out?

Get out of here.......  I'm a fan but that was just plain old luck.......

The Bills refused to bury opponents and somehow got all the breaks the last drives.......

Yes Better Lucky than Good.....

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You mean like Cutler handing us that last int or Fales in his first game for Miami throwing it expecting the receiver to turn in and he turned out?

The Bills refused to bury opponents and somehow got all the breaks the last drives.......

you're a joke. A bad one.

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

We just ended the longest playoff drought in North American sports. Can we do this **** later?

Clearly, since this is about the fifth thread he has started, the goal is to be as gloomy as possible. He thinks it makes him look like a heap big smart realist man.

A common message board delusion.

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You sound mad. Don't be mad. We may start having to call you our resident fish fan. 1972 is awfully coincidental....:o

1 minute ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

Clearly, since this is about the fifth thread he has started, the goal is to be as gloomy as possible. He thinks it makes him look like a heap big smart realist man.

A common message board delusion.

And I also predicted Buff vs. Jax.  So I'm pointing out some thoughts about the coaching and the 2017 season.

But yes McDermott is a God and did nothing wrong all season.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And I also predicted Buff vs. Jax.  So I'm pointing out some thoughts about the coaching and the 2017 season.

Not my point at all. I'm sure it makes perfect sense to spend the day after a big win coming up with "yes, but" posts. Somewhere.

2 hours ago, dlonce said:

There’s always an element of luck involved for every team.

Whats the old saying, luck= opportunity and effort?

Ill take all the luck in the world right now. 

I've heard the saying luck us when preparedness meets opportunity. Either way hold true for this team. 

5 hours ago, richardb1952 said:

On the other side, if Jones catches the final pass versus Carolina, Bills win.

Bills get an over ruling of a fumble return for a TD in Miami game.  If upheld, that game is over.

NE beats Pitt on a controversial catch/ no catch.

Bills have been lucky this year, but that what happens when you play close games.  A play here or there can decide it.

I never thought Bills would make it to the playoffs this year after all the personnel changes made.  Let's hope they don't have to depend on luck as this team continues to build and develop.

Winning close Gamez is what separates the winners from the losers. Nobody gets a lot of blowouts. Most games in the NFL are close.

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

must be monday, after a win.

'72 take what '73 said to heart.

We Won, don't ask for egg in your beer too!