Wild Card Weekend: Bills vs. Jaguars Sunday at 1 PM ET - Inactives Announced with Shady In & MIlano Out

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ranking the NFL's 12 playoff QBs: Brady, Brees, then who?

10. Tyrod TaylorBuffalo Bills

Regular-season stats: 263-for-420 (62.6 percent), 2,799 yards, 14 TDs, 4 INTs, 56.4 Total QBR

Taylor triggers quarterback-evaluation debates frequently. His own team benched him despite a 5-4 start, something that didn't last long after backup Nathan Peterman threw five first-half interceptions. But like Bortles, Taylor did well in the role he was asked to play in the Buffalo offense. The Bills were the only NFL team to run the football more than pass it in 2017, leaning heavily on LeSean McCoy as the focal point. Taylor isn't the kind of quarterback to routinely carry his offense, but he's protective of the ball (he has thrown just four interceptions this season) and is a unique threat on both designed runs and scrambles.

cant really disagree with this.... although the one argument I might put up is that jville would be just as good if not a bit better with taylor at qb. but that's picking nits. bortles played solid ball as a whole this year. personally I think if you flip flop qb's for those teams we maybe win 6 or 7 games with bortles though. the guy had the luxury of an elite defense, a top run game, and the weakest schedule in the league.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

cant really disagree with this.... although the one argument I might put up is that jville would be just as good if not a bit better with taylor at qb. but that's picking nits. bortles played solid ball as a whole this year. personally I think if you flip flop qb's for those teams we maybe win 6 or 7 games with bortles though. the guy had the luxury of an elite defense, a top run game, and the weakest schedule in the league.

Bortles had a pretty good three game stretch earlier in December, but his last two weeks haven't been good with 5 INTs. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bortles had a pretty good three game stretch earlier in December, but his last two weeks haven't been good with 5 INTs. 

whats funny is he had been getting praised before the 3 game stretch of great games for just playing efficient mistake free football..... funny how that translates into a good thing when you have an all world defense bailing you out, but another can get crucified for the exact same type of play.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Lets hope THAT sticks in Bortles' head and he plays scared on Sunday.

36 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

I think there are an incredible amount of similarities between these two teams, but I think Jax has the better total roster. If Blake doesn't turn the ball over, I do not see the Jags losing this game. Tyrod isn't exactly a TD machine and he gets sacked a lot. The thing that actually worries me the most is the defensive scheme you run as it has given Blake issues in the past. I think once the Jags clinched the post season, they trimmed the playbook down to save some things for the playoffs. Everybody knows Blake needs to play like he was in early December for this team to make any sort of run. When he makes good decisions, he is not nearly as awful as some make him out to be, and he is more dangerous with his legs than a lot of people give him credit for. 

Complete b.s.  Up until their loss to SF in W16 they were in the running for a 1st round bye, and there's no way in hell Marrone wanted to lose again to the Titans, knowing it was likely they would face them again this week.  They just lost, plain and simple, and didn't look good.

You started out strong and classy in this thread but you're deteriorating rapidly.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Complete b.s.  Up until their loss to SF in W16 they were in the running for a 1st round bye, and there's no way in hell Marrone wanted to lose again to the Titans, knowing it was likely they would face them again this week.  They just lost, plain and simple, and didn't look good.

You started out strong and classy in this thread but you're deteriorating rapidly.

right.

4 hours ago, SwagJag said:

The Jags locked up the playoffs weeks ago. A faction of Bills fans want to add Andy Dalton to the Ring of Honor for such an improbable playoff berth. The Jags come into the postseason with 55 sacks going against the third most sacked QB in the league. Talking stats and players is a lot more fun than talking travelling fans.

Come on Swag, how would you guys fare playing the Patriots twice a year?

Jags got an overall 1-10-0 record with the Pats.

If the Jags were in the AFC East you probably wouldn't of made the playoffs!

Edited by ColoradoBills
record corrrection

4 hours ago, SwagJag said:

At this point I am convinced this will be a home game for Buffalo with a whopping 50,000 Bills fans in attendance. That your fans travel well and will have a presence in the stadium still means nothing to what the actual players on the field are doing. 

From what I gather, some of you feel your bravado and superior cheering skills will give the Bills the edge to overcome the fact that your team ranks in the bottom third on offense and defense and is facing a team in the top 6 in both categories. Sure..  any given Sunday and all that, but the odds are clearly stacked against a Bills victory everywhere except this thread. Just ask Vegas. Could it happen? Sure. But the brimming confidence some are showing is not what one would expect from a team that is clearly flawed and whose best offensive weapon will be less than 100%, if he plays at all, behind a bottom tier OL. That must be some special kool-aid you make up there. 

Just keep in mind there is no pressure on the Bills. All of it is on the Jags. Bills have momentum while the Jags have sputtered. On paper you are the better team. Vegas sees that. But they play the games for a reason.  Let me ask you how confident you are in Blake Bortles?

BILLS VS. JAGUARS: THROUGH THE YEARS

tempbills-jags-2004--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.

As the Bills get set to take on the Jacksonville Jaguars in the AFC Wild Card on Sunday, Jan. 7, we take a look at photos from previous matchups.

HAVE THE BILLS FOUND AN ADDITIONAL WEAPON ON OFFENSE?

1-4-feature-story.jpg

It's not a new player the Bills have come to use effectively, but rather a method on offense of late. It's their ability to speed up the tempo a moment's notice between plays that has led to positive results for their offense.

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Jeez Scott, just having some fun with a Jagoff fan.

It's tough being a fan of our first playoff opponent in 18 years on this board. Ya gotta feel for the guy. He comes here to give his hometown opinion and we go and direspe.... who am I kidding? Jags suck. Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What was he thinking taping and not showing his legs/feet as he walked