Black Monday 2018

YoloinOhio

I found this kind of strange -

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000900056/article/whos-safe-whos-out-afc-coaches-on-hot-seat

Los Angeles Chargers: Coach Anthony Lynn has impressed in his first year, taking an 0-4 start and turning it into a playoff push, but he may be fighting for his coordinators. Both defensive coordinator Gus Bradley and offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt are out of their contracts at season's end, and both will be coveted, sources say.

They just hired Gus Bradley at the start of this season. Wonder why they only gave him a 1 year contract...? That doesn't show much faith in him (or in Anthony Lynn's ability to hire a DC). 

17 minutes ago, H2o said:

Del Rio is a guy I wouldn't have thought, but someone has to be the fall guy for the big step back I guess. 

Guess we'll find out if we're going after that Dowling guy for an offensive position.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Expected moves so far on Monday (if not Sunday night).

AFC expecting Marvin Lewis, Jack Del Rio, Chuck Pagano, maybe O’Brien and Hue

I would take O'Brien as OC, he was flexible with Watson playing to his skill set and would do the same for Mayfield. Considering the bums he has had, he has done quite well.

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000900056/article/whos-safe-whos-out-afc-coaches-on-hot-seat

They just hired Gus Bradley at the start of this season. Wonder why they only gave him a 1 year contract...? That doesn't show much faith in him (or in Anthony Lynn's ability to hire a DC). 

I would take both of those guys too.

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I heard it was Gus who only wanted 1 year

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I would take O'Brien as OC, he was flexible with Watson playing to his skill set and would do the same for Mayfield. Considering the bums he has had, he has done quite well.

Billy O will be a Head Coach. If the Texans are seriously crazy enough to let him go then someone else will hire him. 

So it looks like the likely vacancies:

- Bengals

- Raiders

- Colts

- Lions

- Bears

- Giants

- Cardinals

Of those I think both Del Rio and Caldwell can consider themselves pretty unlucky to be fired. If there really are 7 open jobs I don't know that I see 7 candidates to fill them.

Coaches who I would consider firing who will not be - Vance Joseph and Adam Gase. Both have presided over terribly coached teams in 2017. 

Edited by GunnerBill

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Billy O will be a Head Coach. If the Texans are seriously crazy enough to let him go then someone else will hire him. 

- Bengals

- Raiders

- Colts

- Lions

- Bears

- Giants

- Cardinals

Of those I think both Del Rio and Caldwell can consider themselves pretty unlucky to be fired. If there really are 7 open jobs I don't know that I see 7 candidates to fill them.

Coaches who I would consider firing who will not be - Vance Joseph and Adam Gase. Both have presided over terribly coached teams in 2017. 

Got to give them breaks; Gase for losing Tannehill and Joseph being a rookie and no QBs.

I would gladly take Gase for OC though, so hope he gets fired.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Got to give them breaks; Gase for losing Tannehill and Joseph being a rookie and no QBs.

I would gladly take Gase for OC though, so hope he gets fired.

I know but they have just been so poorly prepared both teams. I feel like both will start 2018 on the hotseat. I think they have done worse jobs than Caldwell and Del Rio. 

Anybody with McDermott connections that would want to be offensive coordinator under him? I can't imagine Dennison was his first choice. Or even his second. He probably had to settle for him.

That being said, it is tough to really get a feel for Dennison given the lack of passing ability he has to deal with.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I know but they have just been so poorly prepared both teams. I feel like both will start 2018 on the hotseat. I think they have done worse jobs than Caldwell and Del Rio. 

Probably, never been a big fan of Cadwell seems like more of a coordinator than a HC to me.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

- Bengals

- Raiders

- Colts

- Lions

- Bears

- Giants

- Cardinals

The problem is that the league is full of retreads who will always get a 2nd chance or even a 3rd chance...

8 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Bill O'Brian or Hue Jackson, if available

I'd love to have O'Brien, especially if we draft a QB... I have a hard time believing they'll fire him, though. Awful lot of circumstances down there out of his control. When they were healthy, he had them playing extremely well.