Video during & immediately after KB catch. Official tells McD "IDK"

JerseyBills

It’s really beyond me as to why everyone wants to act as though this call was the difference in the game.  We all might agree that at a minimum it was a highly controversial call.  However, to suggest that it cost the Bills the game is simply laughable. The Cheat’s rammed it down the Bill’s throats in the second half.  This is the sad and ugly truth.  I’ve said for weeks if the Bills want to become relevant again in the NFL the road goes through Foxboro.

2 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Can anyone remember any of these controversial calls that have gone against the Patriots?

I've asked that to Pats* fans for years and have yet to get a reasonable response other than "....sore losers...grumble, grumble....". Funny how there are so many data points in the other direction (I can honestly list over ten games over the years where the officials shafted a Pats opponent), yet there are very few game changing calls that have gone against them (the Panthers game a couple years back being one of the very few exceptions).  If these things are truly random or near random, it should even out over time, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.  Not even close.  It's to the point here where we all know it's coming when we play them.

You have to then ask yourself why and go from there.  One fairly plausible explanation under this season's circumstances of centralized replay playing a hand in at least 4 of their wins is that there's a problem with said centralized replay.  Add in their reputation for skirting rules and their past convictions for cheating to the mix and it becomes even more plausible.  Under the current rules all it really takes is getting to Al Riveron, either positively ($, drugs, women, etc) or negatively (learn (or create) dirt and blackmail him with that). In a world where men are human and where officials in major sports leagues have been bribed (in addition to Donaghy you have the Serie A scandal in Italian soccer, points shaving scandals in college b-ball, Lenny Dykstra bribing or blackmailing umps for a smaller strike zone, etc) it's really not that hard to believe possible.  

2 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Perhaps that's why they moved replays to NY, it's too hard to get all the refs to cheat for you, so centralizing the decision makes there only be 1 point of contact to sway.

It kind of reminds me of when a certain QB petitioned the league to allow away teams to use their own balls.....

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So you support Riveron's decision as conclusive evidence?  The officiating crew members talk to each other and they showed it on the big screen at the stadium with anyone who's watched football concluding that's a TD. 

I’ve said I get the call but probably not to the standard to overturn it.

I also stand by that going off what a guy that was uninvolved said to get the coach off his back isn’t all that insightful. It’s not his call, he likely didn’t have a good view, and there’s little reason for him to hash out the reasoning on the sideline after the fact. “I don’t know” is an easy “we’re moving on” answer. Holding this up as a clear indictment of the situation is not all that convincing.

16 hours ago, Chris66 said:

What motivation does the league have to fix games.

What motivation does one owner have to repeatedly cheat, and influence the league office in such a manner that they are beginning to irritate other owners into pushing Goodell into taking action when they cheat? To be the best Owner. Too bad it'll forever be tainted.

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I’ve said I get the call but probably not to the standard to overturn it.

I also stand by that going off what a guy that was uninvolved said to get the coach off his back isn’t all that insightful. It’s not his call, he likely didn’t have a good view, and there’s little reason for him to hash out the reasoning on the sideline after the fact. “I don’t know” is an easy “we’re moving on” answer. Holding this up as a clear indictment of the situation is not all that convincing.

I'd agree with this. At the beginning of the clip Tyrod is asking him what he thinks and he is like "oh I can't uuuhhh it was a heck of a throw though" or something. They are just trying to get info and the official is just saying something so he isn't a jerk not responding.

Edited by What a Tuel

14 hours ago, PeterGriffin said:

Las Vegas, greed makes individuals do funny things.

Kind of like the last second fumble for a touchdown right at the very end of the Raiders/Eagles game that I am guessing had a huge impact on Vegas due to the spread. I was watching the game and thought it was odd that Carr had a conversation with the referee right before that play. I am not the tin foil hat type but I thought to myself right before that play that something was about to happen to affect the results based on the spread. I looked it up after and was correct. The spread was between 9 and 10 based on when the bet was placed...

Raiders 15th drive: Raiders return the ball to their own 36-yard line with 17 seconds remaining. Carr’s first down pass is incomplete. 14 seconds left. Carr’s second down pass is incomplete after getting pressured. 10 seconds left. Raiders take a timeout. Carr gets pressured and avoids a sack by throwing the ball out of bounds. 4th-and-10 with three seconds left. Raiders try to lateral the ball but they fumble and Derek Barnett runs it in for a touchdown. Lol. Eagles kneel on the PAT to end the game. Eagles lead, 19-10.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/12/25/16818112/eagles-vs-raiders-2017-live-results-score-updates-highlights-christmas-final-score-philadelphia-nfl

18 hours ago, peterpan said:

Like I said what if its only one guy?  What if the Riveron guy is on Krafts payroll?  He gets 20 grand a week and makes 1 or 2 calls go the way the Pats want them to go.  Or maybe the Mafia is paying him to make sure certain teams win and the Mob rigs the betting?

Also,  Whats the average margin of victory in the NFL?? Its less than 4 points.  Maybe less than 3.   One TD awarded or called back is all it takes.  Look at the Pats this year alone, these all happened in the last 2 mins of the games......Houston - Pats WR ball hits the ground, should be no catch, but awarded a catch anyways.  They win.  Jets guy scores touch down, then they claim he fumbled... huh??? Pats win.  Steelers, guy catches ball, extends ball over the plane, TD....called back, Pats win.

All of those were obviously and suspiciously the wrong call. Pats*** should have had the same 8-6 record as the bills going into the bills game, but instead they have Home Field advantage in the playoffs, because of 3 replay reviews. 

THREE PLAYS IS THE DIFFERENCE!!!!

In the Bills game, the refs spotted them a FG with a terrible PI call, a second FG with that 4th down conversions where he was stopped short, and the Benjamin TD.  Thats a 10 point swing, and the Bills gave up after that.  Shoulda been 20-10 Bills, but was 16-16.  How many other games were the Pats*** awarded points, or points taken from the other team, by obvious bad calls????  I dont know as I dont watch them every week, but my guess is there is more evidence against them.

Your argument that the refs dont have that kind of control over the games is laughable. 

Soooo frustrating!!

I live in Saints country so I watch each Bills game in a sports bar without sound with a group of friends who all have other teams. They all agreed it was a touchdown and I knew when they were taking so long to look at it, that it would be overturned. My Jets fan buddy summed it up perfectly. "That's a touchdown in 31 other stadiums".

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Of course!  These owners are just a bunch of naïve waifs who believe in the goodness of all men.

The pretzel logic is getting more twisted.

Ok, maybe they just want to save there multiple Billion dollar investments??? That should surely make sense to the resident Patriot ball washer. 

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

The steelers call was not sketchy. It was very much by the book. A few of those were questionable, and a few im not familiar with. 

Lumping the Steelers call into this is a disservice to the discussion though.

I just looked up the NFL rulebook to see if they changed it and removed the "football move-" aspect.  They didn't, here it is.  https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/completing-a-catch/

Here is the Important part.." A player has the ball long enough to become a runner when, after his second foot is on the ground, he is capable of avoiding or warding off impending contact of an opponent, tucking the ball away, turning up field, or taking additional steps "

The Steelers player both tucked the ball away, into his stomach, then turned up field, AND extended the ball over the goaline.  By the rule, clearly stated above, he had completed the catch before the ball crossed the plane of the goal line.  TOUCHDOWN!!

Furthermore, here is another part of the rule everyone seams to overlook..."Item 4. Ball Touches Ground. If the ball touches the ground after the player secures control of it, it is a catch, provided that the player continues to maintain control."

You see, the ball CAN touch the ground AND still be a catch.  While obviously much more subjective, I would have to say the Pitt player did maintain control of the ball well enough to STILL be a catch.

That means the NFL overlooked three separate and specific rules in order to overturn that call.  The third being that replay requires indisputable evidence.....

8 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

It’s really beyond me as to why everyone wants to act as though this call was the difference in the game.  We all might agree that at a minimum it was a highly controversial call.  However, to suggest that it cost the Bills the game is simply laughable. The Cheat’s rammed it down the Bill’s throats in the second half.  This is the sad and ugly truth.  I’ve said for weeks if the Bills want to become relevant again in the NFL the road goes through Foxboro.

I don't see many ppl saying it cost us the game by any means. My view is it extremely changed the momentum of the game though.

We would have went to the locker room up 17-13, just scored our first offensive TD of the game and instead we go in tied and I'm sure most the players and coaches were emotionally affected by the call as well. 

Do the Bills win if the TD stands? Doubtful.

But it's very possible the second half plays out differently on both sides. 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't see many ppl saying it cost us the game by any means. My view is it extremely changed the momentum of the game though.

We would have went to the locker room up 17-13, just scored our first offensive TD of the game and instead we go in tied and I'm sure most the players and coaches were emotionally affected by the call as well. 

Do the Bills win if the TD stands? Doubtful.

But it's very possible the second half plays out differently on both sides. 

Add to that the second crap replay overturning of the spot and it very well may have been a different game.  Better yet, how about if on top of that, we got one or two garbage calls in our favor like they do and it could have been quite different.

3 hours ago, peterpan said:

I just looked up the NFL rulebook to see if they changed it and removed the "football move-" aspect.  They didn't, here it is.  https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/completing-a-catch/

Here is the Important part.." A player has the ball long enough to become a runner when, after his second foot is on the ground, he is capable of avoiding or warding off impending contact of an opponent, tucking the ball away, turning up field, or taking additional steps "

The Steelers player both tucked the ball away, into his stomach, then turned up field, AND extended the ball over the goaline.  By the rule, clearly stated above, he had completed the catch before the ball crossed the plane of the goal line.  TOUCHDOWN!!

Furthermore, here is another part of the rule everyone seams to overlook..."Item 4. Ball Touches Ground. If the ball touches the ground after the player secures control of it, it is a catch, provided that the player continues to maintain control."

You see, the ball CAN touch the ground AND still be a catch.  While obviously much more subjective, I would have to say the Pitt player did maintain control of the ball well enough to STILL be a catch.

That means the NFL overlooked three separate and specific rules in order to overturn that call.  The third being that replay requires indisputable evidence.....

That you are talking football moves is irrelevant to that play, and shows only a marginal understanding of catch rules. I don’t mean to be rude, but you are wrong there. When going to the ground he can do whatever moves you want- he hasn’t completed the catch til he lands and maintained control.

That it hit hit the ground by itself isn’t an issue but that it hit the ground and moved is an issue.

2 hours ago, MattM said:

Add to that the second crap replay overturning of the spot and it very well may have been a different game.  Better yet, how about if on top of that, we got one or two garbage calls in our favor like they do and it could have been quite different.

Yea that call on 4th down nonetheless I think ultimately resulted in a TD, so that's 11 points accounted for on terrible officiating.

Great point on us getting those types of calls , could have definitely been a different result

On 12/27/2017 at 5:17 PM, Foreigner said:

17 years is TT fault. Blame the 18th on Peterman

Did Peterman lose to crappy-ass Cincy, the game that actually is an embarassing loss? 

The Chargers are actually good, and in better playoff position than us. To think Tyrod was going to go in there and beat them the way they were playing is HILARIOUS. 

You know who he should've beaten though? The freaking Bengals. The same Bengals who besides us have only beaten the Colts, the Browns twice, the Broncos & the Lions. Yeah, real world-beaters there.

Maybe scoring some points in the Panthers game could've helped instead of being totally inept? 3 points in the 4th quarter, and that's it? Yeah, totally Peterman. Asking for a TD in the other 3 quarters is a monumental task for TT, I know.

So no, you can still blame the 18th on Tyrod.

Edited by BigDingus

18 hours ago, peterpan said:

Ok, maybe they just want to save there multiple Billion dollar investments??? That should surely make sense to the resident Patriot ball washer. 

How do they save "there Billion dollar investments" by letting Kraft win all the SBs?