Should we replace Tolbert with Frank Gore?

19 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/27/frank-gore-wants-to-play-again-as-long-as-he-has-help/

Franky wants a team with a QB and OL.  We have .25/2 there, but we could be that team.

A RBBC with McCoy and Gore would be pretty deadly.

Can we replace tolbert with Gore?

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Backup RBs are literally a dime a dozen. Find some young guy on the streets or in the draft and we’re fine.

I'm not sure you are clear on the definition of 'literally'

We need to replace Tolbert, but with a RB younger than 34.  Gore has been around a long time and has taken his share of hits.  There has to be someone in the draft we can target as a RB2 that can be had in the value rounds (3-6).

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

We need to replace Tolbert, but with a RB younger than 34.  Gore has been around a long time and has taken his share of hits.  There has to be someone in the draft we can target as a RB2 that can be had in the value rounds (3-6).

Gore is still an excellent RB, but I would guess they would go for someone younger and less expensive. Afterall, they are a dime a dozen, or so I've heard.

16 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Gore would be a nice get, but he would be too expensive.  They can’t spend THAT much money at RB for McCoy AND Gore.

Yeah, even the vet minimum is probably more than we’d want to tie up there. Get young and cheap and find a gem.