A Trigger Man is All The Bills Need !!

T master

We all have been waiting for a long time for the Bills to be a team that consistently shows they are worth supporting even when the winds of December & January start to howl through the goal posts at New Era Field . The last time that happened was when we had a confident trigger man at the most important position on the field which is the QB position in the NFL .

That being said the Bills will have to go back & do the one thing they did in order to move on to a more prosperous future with this organization . Don't bring in a retread QB that has a couple decent yrs left go grab the guy they want that they believe will take this team back to a time when the Bills were a feared rival to all that showed up on their schedule .

It has been proven in the last couple of years that alls you need is a real good trigger man, the names Wentz, Watson, & even the latest Jimmy G has proven that as long as you have a good QB the rest will follow. One person can turn the tide of a franchise but it has to be the right guy & there is no proven way to know who that is but don't pass on the obvious if he's right there for the taking .

I liked them last year grabbing a couple more draft picks which should put the Bills in a place to get their guy but it sure would have been nice to see Watson, or Mahomes in a Bills uni & i think even if the WR's aren't the best the trigger man can make them look a lot better than they are & Brady has been proving that to the Bills every year since he took over the offense in N.E. 

This year there are a couple of QB's coming out that i think could be "that guy" ! A few years back i thought Case Keenum, Jimmy G, Dalton, R. Wilson, & A.J. McCaron would all be good picks for the Bills but they passed on them all & all but one has went on to prove them selves worth the pick,  given the chance i think McCaron can still do the same ! 

I would rather the Bills draft someone coming out this year that has proven them selves to be a winner like Watson did in his time in college of which there are a few coming out this year that have done just that .

The "Experts" say Darnold, J. Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson, & J Allen are the tops coming out this year . If Darold comes out there is something about him that i'm just not sure about, his inconsistency concerns me ! Rosen & Mayfield would be my picks in that order, Rosen has proven to be able to rally his team when they are down & has all the intangibles to be a good if not great NFL QB . 

Mayfield is the underdog (Bills Type) which being only 6' tall a lot of experts say (like they always do) he's not the "Prototypical NFL QB" well tell that to Flutie, Brees, Wilson, & all the other good non prototypical NFL QB's that have went on to do really well which if he drops to the Bills i would grab him in a heart beat !

But the Bills need to be aggressive & go after their guy so they can go back for the future of the team, go back & get a QB like Kelly in order to move on to the future to make the team great again & there should be a real good chance they can do that this year in the draft .

So lets here how you might do just that if given the opportunity to get your guy in the draft or in another scenario . There will be any number of QB's this year that could be available Bridgewater, Keenum, McCaron, Bradford, Smith, or do we stick to the draft with the afore mentioned rookies ?

I would love to see us get either Rosen or Mayfield in the draft but don't want to pull a Sammy type deal to do it number one picks are hard to come by ! But if the Bills were to offer say Glenn, Tyrod, & the KC 1st round pick acquired last year to move up to say the Giants #2 spot would that be enough ? Or do you blow out 2 first rounders like the KC 1st rounder & 2019 1st to move up ? 

I'm not sure but i think the Bills are one QB away from being a really good play off contender for a good long time again .. 

• Like (+1) 1

1. Browns and Giants are both QB needy so no way they trade out and don't take a QB. The best 2 QB's are off the board ASAP

2. No one would trade for TT since they could always get him for nothing once the Bills release him

3. Glenn is damaged goods with a big contract so he is not of interest

In essence, you are proposing trading to a team that desperately needs a QB: a low first round pick, waiver wire QB and expensive injured OL!

Edited by ticketssince61

The Giants arent trading for Tyrod Taylor and a offensive lineman with a hobbled ankle.  One thing for sure.   I think the Bills can get their QB of the future staying put.    You have Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Rudolph, Mayfield and Lamar Jackson all talked about going in the first round.    I dont think Ive seen 6 QBs go before the 20 spot. 

2 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

The Giants arent trading for Tyrod Taylor and a offensive lineman with a hobbled ankle.  One thing for sure.   I think the Bills can get their QB of the future staying put.    You have Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Rudolph, Mayfield and Lamar Jackson all talked about going in the first round.    I dont think Ive seen 6 QBs go before the 20 spot. 

Right now there are 15 teams with worse records than the Bills. So, without considering the tiebreakers with the other teams with 8-7 records, the best that pick could be is 16.  A Bills loss to Miami and wins by the current 7-8 teams could improve on that pick.

Of those 15 teams with worse records, we can figure that the Browns and Jets definitely need upgrades at QB.  The Giants could look to grab a replacement for Eli but I don't know that it's a given.  The Broncos have had poor QB play with 3 relatively young guys so who knows what they'll do.  The Cardinals could look to get their replacement for Carson Palmer.  By the time of the draft, the Redskins should've worked out with Cousins whether he's staying or leaving so they could be in play if he leaves.  

Bottom line is it's way too early to know but if the Bills really like a QB in the draft, staying where they are might not get him.

Obviously, with the Chiefs winning their division, the pick from them will likely be in the low to mid 20s so they probably wouldn't want to use their own pick on another position and wait to use the Chiefs pick on the QB.

5 hours ago, T master said:

A Trigger Man is All The Bills Need !!

It certainly is not all the Bills need.

They do need one but they need plenty of other things too. Another serious pass rusher for one, but anyone who couldn't come up with needs two, three, four and five just hasn't been watching.

As for what they can do, I don't see them able to trade up to pick one or two. Maybe if one of the big two falls just a bit to #4 or #5 we'd have a shot. Less so if we win the next game and the Chiefs win a playoff game.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

1. Browns and Giants are both QB needy so no way they trade out and don't take a QB. The best 2 QB's are off the board ASAP

2. No one would trade for TT since they could always get him for nothing once the Bills release him

3. Glenn is damaged goods with a big contract so he is not of interest

In essence, you are proposing trading to a team that desperately needs a QB: a low first round pick, waiver wire QB and expensive injured OL!

I can imagine someone trading for Tyrod. Not that they'd give a lot, but if you want him trading eliminates all competition for him. Don't see the Giants at all interested, though, they wouldn't want him as a starter and they've got a backup.

You're underestimating Glenn's value, IMHO. He's been healthy as a horse his whole career. Yeah, this one injury has lasted a long time, but it's not usually a career destroyer. He'll bring back value from someone if they trade him. Might be nice to have really good tackles on both sides of the line, though, and keep both Glenn and Dawkins.

8 hours ago, T master said:

We all have been waiting for a long time for the Bills to be a team that consistently shows they are worth supporting even when the winds of December & January start to howl through the goal posts at New Era Field . The last time that happened was when we had a confident trigger man at the most important position on the field which is the QB position in the NFL .

That being said the Bills will have to go back & do the one thing they did in order to move on to a more prosperous future with this organization . Don't bring in a retread QB that has a couple decent yrs left go grab the guy they want that they believe will take this team back to a time when the Bills were a feared rival to all that showed up on their schedule .

It has been proven in the last couple of years that alls you need is a real good trigger man, the names Wentz, Watson, & even the latest Jimmy G has proven that as long as you have a good QB the rest will follow. One person can turn the tide of a franchise but it has to be the right guy & there is no proven way to know who that is but don't pass on the obvious if he's right there for the taking .

I liked them last year grabbing a couple more draft picks which should put the Bills in a place to get their guy but it sure would have been nice to see Watson, or Mahomes in a Bills uni & i think even if the WR's aren't the best the trigger man can make them look a lot better than they are & Brady has been proving that to the Bills every year since he took over the offense in N.E. 

This year there are a couple of QB's coming out that i think could be "that guy" ! A few years back i thought Case Keenum, Jimmy G, Dalton, R. Wilson, & A.J. McCaron would all be good picks for the Bills but they passed on them all & all but one has went on to prove them selves worth the pick,  given the chance i think McCaron can still do the same ! 

I would rather the Bills draft someone coming out this year that has proven them selves to be a winner like Watson did in his time in college of which there are a few coming out this year that have done just that .

The "Experts" say Darnold, J. Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson, & J Allen are the tops coming out this year . If Darold comes out there is something about him that i'm just not sure about, his inconsistency concerns me ! Rosen & Mayfield would be my picks in that order, Rosen has proven to be able to rally his team when they are down & has all the intangibles to be a good if not great NFL QB . 

Mayfield is the underdog (Bills Type) which being only 6' tall a lot of experts say (like they always do) he's not the "Prototypical NFL QB" well tell that to Flutie, Brees, Wilson, & all the other good non prototypical NFL QB's that have went on to do really well which if he drops to the Bills i would grab him in a heart beat !

But the Bills need to be aggressive & go after their guy so they can go back for the future of the team, go back & get a QB like Kelly in order to move on to the future to make the team great again & there should be a real good chance they can do that this year in the draft .

So lets here how you might do just that if given the opportunity to get your guy in the draft or in another scenario . There will be any number of QB's this year that could be available Bridgewater, Keenum, McCaron, Bradford, Smith, or do we stick to the draft with the afore mentioned rookies ?

I would love to see us get either Rosen or Mayfield in the draft but don't want to pull a Sammy type deal to do it number one picks are hard to come by ! But if the Bills were to offer say Glenn, Tyrod, & the KC 1st round pick acquired last year to move up to say the Giants #2 spot would that be enough ? Or do you blow out 2 first rounders like the KC 1st rounder & 2019 1st to move up ? 

I'm not sure but i think the Bills are one QB away from being a really good play off contender for a good long time again .. 

I'm not sure we need another thread on the need for a franchise QB.

And I don't think we're "one QB away from being a really good play off contender."  Our defense has looked awfully porous at times.  Our WR corps doesn't exactly strike fear in our opponents.  And our OL has shortcomings.  

I'm not sure how I feel about the totality of the coaching staff but I certainly entertain reservations about Rico.  

9 hours ago, T master said:

Qb first and foremost.  Followed by DT and pass rush, right side of the OL, replacements for Preston,  lorax,  Gaines (if not resigned) and Leonard Johnson.  Add a couple WRs in free agency (One lower priority FA wr, the other minimum)

Edited by NewEra

32 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

And I don't think we're "one QB away from being a really good play off contender."  Our defense has looked awfully porous at times.  Our WR corps doesn't exactly strike fear in our opponents.  And our OL has shortcomings.  

I'm not sure how I feel about the totality of the coaching staff but I certainly entertain reservations about Rico.  

We clearly need a lot more than a franchise qb, but we won't be consistently good until we get one.  While qb has to be the priority, one can find significant holes at nearly every position.  The coaching staff has question marks and until the front office shows astute judgment in turning draft picks into superlative players to replace the talented players that did not fit the program (MD, Sammy, etc.) the GM is a question mark as well.

I see this team as actually what one would expect from a veteran team of try hard fellas, especially in a down year for the AFC.  I don't see a basis for confidence the team is close to being very good.  They might, but all the question marks have to turn out well.  I'd say the odds are against it, but what can one do?  Have to hope for the best.

Edited by Dr. Who

6 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Right now there are 15 teams with worse records than the Bills. So, without considering the tiebreakers with the other teams with 8-7 records, the best that pick could be is 16.  A Bills loss to Miami and wins by the current 7-8 teams could improve on that pick.

Of those 15 teams with worse records, we can figure that the Browns and Jets definitely need upgrades at QB.  The Giants could look to grab a replacement for Eli but I don't know that it's a given.  The Broncos have had poor QB play with 3 relatively young guys so who knows what they'll do.  The Cardinals could look to get their replacement for Carson Palmer.  By the time of the draft, the Redskins should've worked out with Cousins whether he's staying or leaving so they could be in play if he leaves.  

Bottom line is it's way too early to know but if the Bills really like a QB in the draft, staying where they are might not get him.

Obviously, with the Chiefs winning their division, the pick from them will likely be in the low to mid 20s so they probably wouldn't want to use their own pick on another position and wait to use the Chiefs pick on the QB.

I agree that the Giants could possibly be swayed to move out of their pick. With Eli still there they could draft a later pick to sit behind Eli for a year or 2 and use the extra picks on other needs. Must be nice to have a SB QB sitting around.

I would argue that the Bills need a gunslinger WAY more than a trigger man.  Possibly a signal caller, but most certainly not a trigger man. I would settle for a passer but definitely NOT a trigger man.

There is no doubt in my mind that this thread started because OP wanted to say trigger man.

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Niners went from vying for 1st overall pick to looking like an easy Playoff contender with one change that only cost a 2nd round pick.

How does a team that had Montana and Young get so lucky?? Again??