Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Disenchantment

Netflix cartoon from Matt Groenig, creator of The Simpsons and Futurama.

Set in the medieval fantasy castle of Dreamland, featuring a rebellious alcoholic princess, an elf, and a demon.  Got a definite Futurama sense of humor

I watched the entire season of that one too and I enjoyed it, would rather watch it over new episodes of the Simpsons. That probably means it will be canceled and the Simpsons will see season 37.......

23 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I honestly thought the first season of Cage was pretty lame once we hit the halfway point. I won't spoil anything about the show just in case someone around here is interested and still hasn't watched it, but you'll know what I'm talking about; something major happened at the halfway point and it all went downhill after that for me.

Jessica Jones season 2 was alright, but David Tennant was amazing and obviously he was very minimally involved in season 2. I still love Krysten Ritter and I liked the way they developed Malcolm in season 2.

I sadly think I preferred Iron Fist season 2 over Luke Cage season 2; the ending of Iron Fist actually had me kinda excited for Season 3. Hope it returns on the Disney service.

I have liked all the marvel shows on netflix (haven't watched any of the network ones though) but I did find with some of them they either seemed to drag or that the season was too long for the storyline, I would sometimes fell like some of the stories would feel like they are going backwards just tostretch out a season. Thats kind of hard to do when your seasons are around 10 episodes.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:50 AM, Boyst62 said:

Man in the high Castle is back. I watched the first 25 minutes and fell asleep. It was late (930!)

I am going to go back to season 2 and rewatch a good chunk of that because I can't remember any of the revelance to this season yet.

go below this seasons episodes and there is a 30-minute recap of season 1&2..thats all you need.

Not on streaming service, but The Guest Book strated up again on TBS.

If you like Greg Garcia stuff( Earl, Hope), you will like this !

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/20/2018 at 1:51 AM, joesixpack said:

Daredevil season 3.

The best of the marvel serialized shows returns, and it does NOT disappoint.

I hope they keep up with the Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Defenders, Punisher stuff on Netflix.

I think those are the shows I've enjoyed watching most on there.

I heard Iron Fist is done in terms of its own individual series, but the character can be back in other series.  I don't get the hatred for Iron Fist.  I think it was tied for my 3rd favorite show among the 5 other individual storylines of (in order of my favorites) Daredevil, Punisher (I just really like the actor from when he was Shane in The Walking Dead), Luke Cage/Iron Fist, Jessica Jones.  

I'm gonne be curious to see what happens with these Netflix Marvel shows once Disney gets their own streaming service up.

On 10/22/2018 at 5:30 AM, shrader said:

I hope they can keep Daredevil around a bit longer.  I just wonder if something else may be in play with Disney since Netflix canceled both Iron Fist and Luke Cage in the last week or two.  I get the feeling that Jessica Jones might not be far behind since her second season was lackluster.  Cage's was too.  I just started the second season of Iron Fist, so I can't comment on that one.  Do they keep Daredevil and maybe Punisher around or does Disney make a play to get all of them on their own service somehow.  If anyone can find a way around a contract, it's Disney.

They cancelled Luke Cage?

Really?

That was a helluva cliffhanger season 2 ended on.

On 10/22/2018 at 2:12 PM, apuszczalowski said:

I thought they said that the marvel series on Netflix would not be moving over to the Disney streaming service?

Didnt know that they canceled Luke Cage and Iron Fist, I had heard they had no plans to continue with The Defenders and it was more of a one off season.

This is what I thought, too.  I thought Netflix retained rights to all the shows it already has, including the Marvel ones.

On 10/23/2018 at 1:21 AM, May Day 10 said:

Its not that scary

Its a great story.  Really well done haunted house horror...  but the scariness is overhyped quite a bit.  

100x better than american horror story

Is it the weirdly twisted tone of American Horror Story?

I didn't like that show at all after giving it a brief shot.

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

They cancelled Luke Cage?

Really?

Yeah, it's definitely done.  A popular thought out there is that they'll replace those two shows with one where they're teamed up.  I can't see that happening though with the Disney streaming service looming in the background.

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is it the weirdly twisted tone of American Horror Story?

I didn't like that show at all after giving it a brief shot.

I think that is a large part of it.  It is too far over-the-top fiction and non-believable with outrageous characters and such.  

I think it also degrades the show that they have the same troop of actors/actresses playing dress-up in different roles each season.  It takes away from the show, and also give the audience some hideous attempts at accents.

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

"You" on Netflix is great 

I saw that button, wondered what it was. 

Watched Valley on the Boom last night in Nat Geo. Very different way to sell a story. I thought it was great. I assume you can get in demand 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/review/valley-boom-review-1175509

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

It must have been mentioned in this thread somewhere, but Letterkenny on Hulu is friggin hilarious.  Seasons 1 & 2 on Hulu (I believe there are 5 or 6) with more to be released.

Its Canadian, seeing advertisements alot recently for a new season that just started, also a live show that played one of the arenas here a few months ago.

I tried watching it and just couldnt do it.

On 12/25/2017 at 12:47 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Stranger Things, Narcos, Peaky Blinders are all 5 stars for me 

Watching Peaky Blinders right now. Outstanding! Acting and characters are great. 

13 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Finally just around to watching Season 1, Episode 1 of "Ozark" on Netflix.

I really enjoyed it and will be looking forward to watching more.

You won't be disappointed. Another great series. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Its Canadian, seeing advertisements alot recently for a new season that just started, also a live show that played one of the arenas here a few months ago.

I tried watching it and just couldnt do it.

It’s not for everyone I guess.  My sister hated it and only made it through half of one episode.  She thought it was dumb, but she also thinks most comedies are dumb.  My BIL loved it, and after he finished seasons 1 & 2, ordered the rest on DVD.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned already but Marvelous Mrs. Maisel! Wow. Loved it. My Dad said they nailed the era to a “T”. I think they even out did Mad Men in terms of contuinity. 

In episodes 3-5 of Seaaon 2 (Catskills), they filmed locally in Deposit, NY last summer. I remember when they had the casting call here in Binghamton for extras but had no clue what the show was, so I’m watching these episodes and totally recognized 3 people I legit know from over the years hah.