Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

I hope they can keep Daredevil around a bit longer.  I just wonder if something else may be in play with Disney since Netflix canceled both Iron Fist and Luke Cage in the last week or two.  I get the feeling that Jessica Jones might not be far behind since her second season was lackluster.  Cage's was too.  I just started the second season of Iron Fist, so I can't comment on that one.  Do they keep Daredevil and maybe Punisher around or does Disney make a play to get all of them on their own service somehow.  If anyone can find a way around a contract, it's Disney.

14 minutes ago, shrader said:

I hope they can keep Daredevil around a bit longer.  I just wonder if something else may be in play with Disney since Netflix canceled both Iron Fist and Luke Cage in the last week or two.  I get the feeling that Jessica Jones might not be far behind since her second season was lackluster.  Cage's was too.  I just started the second season of Iron Fist, so I can't comment on that one.  Do they keep Daredevil and maybe Punisher around or does Disney make a play to get all of them on their own service somehow.  If anyone can find a way around a contract, it's Disney.

I heard that Disney is set to have their service up in 2019 and then all the marvel stuff on it by 2020. I feel like Netflix didnt want to spend money on doing another season for these shows (the third season would likely come out a couple months before they would move over to Disney) so didnt want to spend the money there for little return.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

47 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I heard that Disney is set to have their service up in 2019 and then all the marvel stuff on it by 2020. I feel like Netflix didnt want to spend money on doing another season for these shows (the third season would likely come out a couple months before they would move over to Disney) so didnt want to spend the money there for little return.

I can't say too much, but yes. 

Disney's streaming/Marvel's streaming is going to siphon off a lot of the TV MCU. 

On 10/19/2018 at 1:52 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

I don't know if anyone is watching this on Netflix. People are claiming that it is truly frightening beyond anything they've ever watched. I asked the wife if she wanted to watch it and she said, "Do you want me to ever be able to be alone in this house again?"

https://comicbook.com/horror/2018/10/19/the-haunting-of-hill-house-netflix-reactions-twitter/

I'm 5 episodes in and so far it's pretty good, although slow at times, but I can't tell at this point whether they're building to a conclusion that wraps up the story or if they're setting the stage for an on-going soap opera that follows the lives of the characters indefinitely. I'm hoping for the former but fearing it's the latter.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Disney's streaming/Marvel's streaming is going to siphon off a lot of the TV MCU. 

Any idea how long the contracts are for these shows with Netflix?

4 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Disney's streaming service will also feature a Star Wars series The Mandalorians

Which I have a very bad feeling about

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I'm 5 episodes in and so far it's pretty good, although slow at times, but I can't tell at this point whether they're building to a conclusion that wraps up the story or if they're setting the stage for an on-going soap opera that follows the lives of the characters indefinitely. I'm hoping for the former but fearing it's the latter.

My wife and I watched the first episode and liked it, but I honestly dont know how long they can drag this out, and doing so would not be a good idea imo. But if its popular, which I think it will be, they will definitely milk it for as long as they can

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I thought they said that the marvel series on Netflix would not be moving over to the Disney streaming service?

Didnt know that they canceled Luke Cage and Iron Fist, I had heard they had no plans to continue with The Defenders and it was more of a one off season.

53 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I thought they said that the marvel series on Netflix would not be moving over to the Disney streaming service?

Didnt know that they canceled Luke Cage and Iron Fist, I had heard they had no plans to continue with The Defenders and it was more of a one off season.

I don't think there's anything in the works to move those properties, but a year or two down the line? I think everything is on the table at this point with how hard Disney/Marvel is going into the streaming market. I doubt Netflix would let Daredevil go, but I could see them letting Marvel/Disney buy back some of the other bits. :beer:  

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't think there's anything in the works to move those properties, but a year or two down the line? I think everything is on the table at this point with how hard Disney/Marvel is going into the streaming market. I doubt Netflix would let Daredevil go, but I could see them letting Marvel/Disney buy back some of the other bits. :beer:  

I thought I had read somewhere that the marvel movies would be leaving Netflix, along w/ everything Disney, but they were being allowed to keep the Marvel shows on netflix.

11 hours ago, shrader said:

I honestly thought the first season of Cage was pretty lame once we hit the halfway point. I won't spoil anything about the show just in case someone around here is interested and still hasn't watched it, but you'll know what I'm talking about; something major happened at the halfway point and it all went downhill after that for me.

Jessica Jones season 2 was alright, but David Tennant was amazing and obviously he was very minimally involved in season 2. I still love Krysten Ritter and I liked the way they developed Malcolm in season 2.

I sadly think I preferred Iron Fist season 2 over Luke Cage season 2; the ending of Iron Fist actually had me kinda excited for Season 3. Hope it returns on the Disney service.

6 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

Anyone start that Haunting on the Hill show on Netflix? Any good? I also apologize if it’s been reviewe and discussed on here.

Ozark season 2 did not disappoint!

I haven't seen it but I read an article stating that it was so scary that viewers actually vomited.  I've never even heard of vomiting from fear.  Evidently many people slept with their lights on after watching it.

9 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I honestly thought the first season of Cage was pretty lame once we hit the halfway point. I won't spoil anything about the show just in case someone around here is interested and still hasn't watched it, but you'll know what I'm talking about; something major happened at the halfway point and it all went downhill after that for me.

Jessica Jones season 2 was alright, but David Tennant was amazing and obviously he was very minimally involved in season 2. I still love Krysten Ritter and I liked the way they developed Malcolm in season 2.

I sadly think I preferred Iron Fist season 2 over Luke Cage season 2; the ending of Iron Fist actually had me kinda excited for Season 3. Hope it returns on the Disney service.

I'm pretty much right there with you on all of this.  The first half of Cage was really good and then it went off the rails quickly.  The second season never got close to getting back to what made that first season work.

I think you've hit on exactly why these shows either work or they don't.  A compelling villain drives the shows.  Kingpin, Killgrave, and Cottonmouth were all great.  I'll throw Castle into that mix too, at least as an antagonist.  When the shows don't have that, they suffer a bit.  I didn't have the issues with Iron Fist that most did, but it definitely was a bit lacking in the villain department.  I'm two episodes into season 2 now, but I've heard others who seem to agree with you on that season.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm pretty much right there with you on all of this.  The first half of Cage was really good and then it went off the rails quickly.  The second season never got close to getting back to what made that first season work.

I think you've hit on exactly why these shows either work or they don't.  A compelling villain drives the shows.  Kingpin, Killgrave, and Cottonmouth were all great.  I'll throw Castle into that mix too, at least as an antagonist.  When the shows don't have that, they suffer a bit.  I didn't have the issues with Iron Fist that most did, but it definitely was a bit lacking in the villain department.  I'm two episodes into season 2 now, but I've heard others who seem to agree with you on that season.

Yup, Kingpin, Killgrave, and Cottonmouth were all absolutely amazing in their roles which is what has me so excited to start DD Season 3. Villains in Iron Fist were definitely lacking both seasons compared to those guys. Season 2 was slightly better IMO.

On 10/20/2018 at 9:28 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I watched the first 3 episodes last night.  No spoilers, but holy freaking crap I’m hooked ??!

I didn't think I would get into this after the first one but now I am 5 episodes in in two days.   I am very anxious to see how it ends.

• Like (+1) 1