the TT bashing is just so tiresome

stuvian

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yea and Brady missed a # of passes too on Sunday.  Maybe he too should be cut????

If you hate Tyrod little he does will impress you and you will nitpick everything.  

When you know as soon as the Bills line-up the play call, you just shake your head in disbelief.

Now we are comparing Tyrod to Brady. It's getting comical

32nd ranked pass offense, is not nitpicking. Throwing 56 yards, in a blowout loss, is not nitpicking. Tyrod Taylor is abysmal at reading a defense, and throwing a football. Sounds like you are a big fan of high school offenses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Tyrod is a good guy, but if you're content with him as the Bills QB I feel sorry for you.  

As a Bills fan, you have been beaten into accepting mediocrity.

AND McBeane doesn't receive near enough heat for passing the no-brainer that is Deshaun Watson.

Edited by Chicken Boo

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Tyrod is a good guy, but if you're content with him as the Bills QB I feel sorry for you.  

As a Bills fan, you have been beaten into accepting mediocrity.

AND McBeane doesn't receive near enough heat for passing the no-brainer that is Deshaun Watson.

Yea that was a no brainer as they had already decided they only wanted Taylor at a discount deal for 2 years.

And yes we have been beaten down and Taylor is by far the best we have and the choices in FA are pretty bad.

Add to that 500 odd pages extolling the virtues about a 5th round rookie (and trying to explain how 2-3 interceptions were not his fault) pretty much says it all......

27 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

what's tiresome is watching taylor play QB. not throwing the ball away and taking a sack setting up a 2nd and 25 was the nail in the coffin for me.

I'm done with taylor and I hope the team will be as well at seasons end.

He takes a sack where often he runs out of trouble (he was just tripped up).  Dennison/McDermott puts the nail in the coffin by then handing off to Tolbert on 2nd & 25......

Edited by Billsfan1972

17 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He takes a sack where often he runs out of trouble (he was just tripped up).  Dennison/McDermott puts the nail in the coffin by then handing off to Tolbert on 2nd & 25......

no, it's not on them. taylor clearly put them in that hole with his inability to throw the ball away. had he done that, they would of been 2nd and 10 and never would of been in that position to begin with. he had plenty of time to get rid of the ball before getting tripped up. keep finding excuses to excuse him of his poor play at the QB position.

all on on taylor, period.

the sooner he is gone, the better. fortunately only one more week of tiresome taylor.

(pending playoffs which chances are slim to none)

• Like (+1) 1

It's almost as if he threw 5 int in a half losing us a game before we even got to the end of the second quarter. 

He is what he is, we already know what we get. McClueless learning the hard way.

52 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

what's tiresome is watching taylor play QB. not throwing the ball away and taking a sack setting up a 2nd and 25 was the nail in the coffin for me.

I'm done with taylor and I hope the team will be as well at seasons end.

The best issue is, we ran a hb dive with Tolbert the next play. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
On 12/24/2017 at 11:59 PM, reddogblitz said:

Hotrod is certainly not nearly as bad as many on here say and far from our only problem.

We could and have done A LOT worse even with first round draft picks. 

Just because he's not the text book drop back QB does not mean we can't win with him.

He did throw a TD pass on 2 plays in a row today. First one Clay dropped, second one refs stole. That fade to Benjamin was perfect.

I too am tired of the constant b1tching and scape goating.

WRONG!  He sucks dude.  He constantly folds in the second half when the game gets tough, and he is okay with it.  He needs to play every play like the game is on the line and he simply doesn't.  Several sacks taken when the ball should be thrown away, constant 3 and outs, he just doesn't have it.  He is not ultra competitive like he needs to be and it shows in crunch time.  He always comes up small at the most important times in the game when we need him the most.  Please just get him off this team, I cannot watch another year of this.  Orton was better.

Let me tell you what's so TIRESOME. I'm tired of the Tyrod Taylor supporters saying he has/had no talent at WR. I'm so sorry that Tyrod couldn't become a better QB with the likes of Robert Woods, Marquis Goodwin, Sammy Watkins, Chris Hogan, Justin Hunter, etc. These guys are all contributing on playoff teams with the exception of Goodwin and if "Jimmy Jesus" was playing earlier, who knows. So let's stop making excuses for Tyrod's limitations. Great person. Good football player. No so good QB. Tyrod's a backup in this league. Let's face the facts.

Edited by the skycap
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

I actually really like Tyrod. I think he's the consummate professional athlete, not to mention easily one of the most stylish guys around.

It's unfortunate that there is very little in his game that impresses me. Pointing out that he is the QB of the worst passing offense in football is not "nitpicking". 

Also, bringing up Tom Brady is beyond ridiculous. For every one pass Tommy Boy misses, there are at least a dozen that are on the money, perfect throws. Taylor doesn't even play the same sport as Tom Brady. 

I am a firm believer that the play calling is severely hindered by having a bottom 3 starting QB running the show. 

Oh wow i didnt know that, sign him to a long term deal, get it done now obd.

Edited by Albwan

On 12/25/2017 at 12:11 AM, Bakin said:

Remember how mediocre Alex Smith was...until he had his best season in 11 years and now everyone thinks we should nab him?

Remember how crap Keenum was for his entire career - and now everyone wants him?

remember how pathetic Goff was in year 1...and now everyone is wishing we had him? What percentage of Bills fans would ‘allow’ Goff to start Year 2 after what he did in his rookie season?

Tyrod is a good player. I don’t think he will ever be a league dominator but he is certainly good enough to win games so long as the rest of the team shows up. 

The rest of the team showed up in the first half and Tyrod was only able to get us 9 points in the 1st half and then another 3 in his first drive in the second half and nothing afterwards, say what you want but little teams can win scoring 12 points a game especially when playing the Patriots. 

Tyrod cannot audible out of a bad call at the line of scrimmage with any consistency.

Why, I don't know.  Is he too timid, or cannot make the proper call, or any other reason, he just doesn't do it.

Good QB's take over games, TT is too robotic to do that.

He will never be anything more than an average or less.

13 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Let me tell you what's so TIRESOME. I'm tired of the Tyrod Taylor supporters saying he has/had no talent at WR. I'm so sorry that Tyrod couldn't become a better QB with the likes of Robert Woods, Marquis Goodwin, Sammy Watkins, Chris Hogan, Justin Hunter, etc. These guys are all contributing on playoff teams with the exception of Goodwin and if "Jimmy Jesus" was playing earlier, who knows. So let's stop making excuses for Tyrod's limitations. Great person. Good football player. No so good QB. Tyrod's a backup in this league. Let's face the facts.

Again:

Taylor's production was elite with Watkins and Woods healthy.

Are we clear on that yet?   

And btw tell me again how you knew Goodwin had this kind of season in him.

When I was the lone-wolf propping Goodwins exceptional talent here on TSW I was mocked and told he was just a more injury prone TJ Graham.:lol:

Do you think everyone here on TSW would have been SO ACCOMMODATING of Goodwin blowing off the Bills for basically 3 seasons as he prepped for the 2016 Olympics if they knew he had this kind of potential as a WR?   I think not!:lol:

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Again:

When I was the lone-wolf propping Goodwins exceptional talent here on TSW I was mocked and told he was just a more injury prone TJ Graham.:lol:

Do you think everyone here on TSW would have been SO ACCOMMODATING of Goodwin blowing off the Bills for basically 3 seasons as he prepped for the 2016 Olympics if they knew he had this kind of potential as a WR?   I think not!:lol:

You're apparently not. 

Taylor's production with Woods & Watkins was good. It was never elite. 

Nothing about Tyrod's game is/was/has ever been elite. 

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Again:

Elite meaning 15th as opposed to his normal ranking of 24th among his peers ? 

22 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The rest of the team showed up in the first half and Tyrod was only able to get us 9 points in the 1st half and then another 3 in his first drive in the second half and nothing afterwards, say what you want but little teams can win scoring 12 points a game especially when playing the Patriots. 

Yeah it happens against a good D. 

I also recall 2 TDS (passes) that we could’ve should’ve had. 

Tyrod has a lot of limitations. But it’s clear he can also take you to the Playoffs if the rest of the team is doing it’s job. 

My my guess is he will be a starter somewhere next year. 

4 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Yeah it happens against a good D. 

I also recall 2 TDS (passes) that we could’ve should’ve had. 

Tyrod has a lot of limitations. But it’s clear he can also take you to the Playoffs if the rest of the team is doing it’s job. 

My my guess is he will be a starter somewhere next year. 

It's clear?! ummm not even close.

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

WRONG!  He sucks dude.  He constantly folds in the second half when the game gets tough, and he is okay with it.  He needs to play every play like the game is on the line and he simply doesn't.  Several sacks taken when the ball should be thrown away, constant 3 and outs, he just doesn't have it.  He is not ultra competitive like he needs to be and it shows in crunch time.  He always comes up small at the most important times in the game when we need him the most.  Please just get him off this team, I cannot watch another year of this.  Orton was better.

I agree Orton was better but it's never right to say any NFL player sucks.  These guys, even the ones that get cut are elite athletes.  Many are just better than others.  QB is a league-wide problem.  There are not 32 starting quarterbacks in the league that teams are happy with. 

I'll be shocked if TT is the Bills starter next year, but give credit to this front office and coaching staff for giving him a year to show them he's the guy long term or not.