A few thoughts about the Patriots game

Virgil

7 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

So, Lack Of, you missed the entire point of my post. NE won this game easily and I wasn't complaining or whining. The Bills had a chance to make a statement today that they belonged in the playoffs. NE had so many backups playing today that they were ripe for the upset. Instead, their lack of commitment to finding a QB doomed them.

the refs weren't backups though that's for sure and that's all the pats needed.

10 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

So, Lack Of, you missed the entire point of my post. NE won this game easily and I wasn't complaining or whining. The Bills had a chance to make a statement today that they belonged in the playoffs. NE had so many backups playing today that they were ripe for the upset. Instead, their lack of commitment to finding a QB doomed them.

Hope your Xmas sucks.  Thanks for stopping by.

Just now, Jasovon said:

The refs did a great job today. The reversal on the TD was made by the League goons in NYC. TD should have stood. Pats radio crew thought it was a TD too.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I scratch my head on 3 different things from this game:

The refs absolutely screwing us out a TD.

McDermott going for it on 4th and 1 in sure fire FG territory and not going for it later in the game down by 7 and instead opting for a 50 yard FG.

Any time we EVER choose to hand the ball off to Tolbert.

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

No, he didn’t lose the game for us. But he certainly didn’t win it for us either, and a better QB probably could have. 

THAT’S the difference. The Bills need more out of the QB position to compete in those kinds of games. 

I agree and look at the drives in the 2nd half.

1st series, FG and could/should have been a TD.

2nd series, 3 plays -5 yards and a punt.

3rd series, missed FG that could/should have been a TD.

4th series, 5 plays, 2 yards and a punt.

5th series, 8 plays, 25 yards and ends on downs.

The Bills have decent red zone targets in Clay, KB and yet can't seem to find them very often. Don't get me wrong here as I like Tyrod and had hoped he would improve a great deal this season...he hasn't! He just isn't that elite franchise QB that can compete with teams like the Patriots who have owned the division for almost two decades! 

2018 free agent QB's Kirk Cousins, Case Keenum, Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford, Alex Smith all look like an improvement over Taylor as QB's who will throw the ball to receivers who are not wide open. The Bills also have a bunch of 2018 draft picks to go after a rookie QB.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Tyrod wasn’t an issue in the game for me and wasn’t why we lost.  Rather than make this a TT discussion, like they always turn into, I left him out.  

He he had two TD’s dropped or overturned. He had terrible play calls or covered receivers.  He missed some throws, but so did Brady. He had a good stat line and there were way worse concerns on the field. 

You csn can pin it on Tyrod if you want, but you’d be wrong 

Sadly, I wanted the same thing 

Taylor wasnt the only issue but he was an issue. Clay dropped a good throw by Taylor but also Clay was wide open so Taylor threw it. Taylor has no timing on his throws. Romo pointed out multiple times of when he needed to throw the ball but didnt. Also he had Benjamin multiple times with one on one coverage but didnt throw his way. Even on the TD that was called back, why is he throwing to the corner of the end zone and not a jump ball or a high back shoulder throw? Taylor takes a lot of sacks losing major yardage and will only consider throwing it away when he is already falling down. Other QB's know it isnt there and throw it away. 

2 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Tyrod did well in the first half but went bye bye in the second. Blame the refs all you want it happens every NE game. Maybe if Tyrod threw the ball further away from the sideline he would have caught it in bounds.

We need a QB that can game all game not just a half, IMO Tyrod played well the first half then protected his stats the second by going ultra conservative..

Tyrod scored how many TDs today in this big game?

Watching Bills/Pats games fits the definition of insanity.   We watch again and again, hoping for different results but, except for a couple games,  results are the same.

42 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

The whole CBS studio crew said it should've stayed as a TD called on the field.  Some said replays verified it. Others said there wasn't enough to overturn it.

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Tyrod wasn’t an issue in the game for me and wasn’t why we lost.   

You csn can pin it on Tyrod if you want, but you’d be wrong 

I have a lot of respect for your game though posts Virgil but I am sorry I totally diaagree on the above today. He made mistakes that turned potential touchdown drives into FG drives, he made mistakes that got us behind the sticks constantly and whilst yea... he had a good drive before half when Clay and then the refs screwed him but other than that it was a really, really poor Quarterback display. He was absolutely a key reason we lost today. In both Pats games our D has kept us competitive while the offense was on the field and sustaining drives and keeping Brady on the sideline. In both games the offense has failed in that endevour after mid 3rd Qrtr and games have got ugly fast. 

Today was one of Tyrod's worst games as a Bill. I don't give a damn what the stat line says. I suspect it will be even uglier on all 22 review. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have a lot of respect for your game though posts Virgil but I am sorry I totally diaagree on the above today. He made mistakes that turned potential touchdown drives into FG drives, he made mistakes that got us behind the sticks constantly and whilst yea... he had a good drive before half when Clay and then the refs screwed him but other than that it was a really, really poor Quarterback display. He was absolutely a key reason we lost today. In both Pats games our D has kept us competitive while the offense was on the field and sustaining drives and keeping Brady on the sideline. In both games the offense has failed in that endevour after mid 3rd Qrtr and games have got ugly fast. 

Today was one of Tyrod's worst games as a Bill. I don't give a damn what the stat line says. I suspect it will be even uglier on all 22 review. 

I have never seen a QB absolutely refuse to show the ball away like Taylor. He is all too willing to take the sack resulting in long down and distance that kills dives. Taylor had his good moments today, but as soon as we are down 10 points, there is no hope of coming back. I'm sure the defense senses this also. He should be in the prime of his career. At this point, I am resigned to believe that he is what he is - not horrible, but not good enough. 

6 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

This team is weak and not surprising they are letting the patsies run up the score with no repercussions. They leave Brady and gronk in the game because they know the bills won’t do anything but sit there and take it like a b****. We are the doormat of the AFCE. 

Really, what do you expect? A sucker punch in the pile? Id bench any player on my team that did that. Just play the darn game.

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Thank you. 

Would a great QB have won this for us?  Maybe.  But is TT the reason we lost?  No.  

That’s the difference. He neither won nor lost the game for us. 

Respectfully disagree with one point. TT put us in a bad spot on multiple occasions in the second half by scrambling backwards and getting sacked. You got to throw the ball away. He is horrible. So done with his "safe football". 

13 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

I have come to the conclusion that Preston Brown Is soft. The Bills need an upgrade at his position. He makes nobody pay. Need a heat seeking missile in the middle. Not someone that helps the other team get up. 

Can you call out a play or two where this is evident. More often than not, I saw him blowing up plays behind the line of scrimmage.  

I’m not trying to blow up your spot, but I keep hearing people say our LBs were bad and I’m not seeing it outside the 4th when the whole D was just winded