Jeff Fisher reportedly eyeing Browns HC job

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I know you did - that's why I kept going.  I'm not a huge fan, just know the facts say he's had a decent career.  Each time I prove you wrong on the numbers you go right back to hyperbole.  He's built defensive teams awful to play against and it was no different in St.L/L.A.     

He’s been a lousy coach that has held jobs for way longer than he should have. When the team finally parted ways they instantly improved. He’s not a decent coach. 16 seasons of 8 wins or less is not good. I can’t imagine ANYONE would be excited if their team hired Fisher.  I’ve honestly never seen a fan of his? It’s like seeing a Jags fan, or a unicorn. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tbh, Browns fans would put up a statue of him for a 7-9 season 

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Fisher is one of the worst ever. He’s the only guy that could set the Browns back!!

Can you do worse than 0-16?

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think so. But Fisher’s old DC Gregggg is there in Cleveland

And Pettine is on the street! 

That's too bad, Pettine was a good coach, can't believe he didn't get back in the league as a DC.

That's (IMO) why the GM came out and said nothing short of the AFC North title was acceptable next year. He's stuck with Hue for his first year so he just has to make due and build out the roster until he can pick the HC he actually wants to work with.

It's (another) dumb move by the Browns owner. Just hire a good GM and get out of the way and let him work. Hue Jackson is a very good OC who has been a mediocre to poor HC in Oakland and now Cleveland. He also has issues getting along with people, unless they do whatever he says immediately upon him saying it. This includes his bosses. Then he's easy to get along with.

Hue Jackson is in town... just do everything he says and be quiet. Hue knows best. That's his mantra, and yes, he does love referring to himself in the 3rd person.

I do not get all he Jeff Fisher hate.  Fir Cleveland they need a calming influence on the franchise.  They have a good defense with young talent and decent special teams.  He will make that team competitive.  I think 7-9 for a a few years is better than 1-15 or 0-16.  The amount of talent that cleveland will bring in this offseason they need a guy that will demand a level of professionalism.  He brings with a smart OC they will be fine.  

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Jeff Fisher is the vanilla ice cream of coaches.

Not terrible, but nothing special. Bland, boring, and 8-8.

He's Dick Jauron with more connections apparently.

Imo Cleveland would die for some vanilla ice cream.  Better than crappy tasting ice cream

http://www.cleveland.com/budshaw/index.ssf/2016/02/hue_jackson_cleveland_browns.html

DePodesta has an overarching role, but Jackson is the one who will set the course in the locker room and on the field. In a national radio appearance not long after accepting the Browns job, Jackson told us why he thought the latest new regime change in Berea could make the difference when others failed so spectacularly.

"Hue Jackson's in town, baby," the head coach said.

*********************************************************************************

LOL

I've never seen a more arrogant coach who has accomplished so little. This is the guy who got into a power struggle with ownership as HC in Oakland. His explanation was basically that he knew best and just wants to win so everyone should listen to him and not question what he says.

Fine, but where is the proof of that? The guy has won 1 game in 2 seasons and will hopefully close out with a perfect season (and a parade)  this year.

What's next? The Hue Jackson Method

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

http://www.cleveland.com/budshaw/index.ssf/2016/02/hue_jackson_cleveland_browns.html

DePodesta has an overarching role, but Jackson is the one who will set the course in the locker room and on the field. In a national radio appearance not long after accepting the Browns job, Jackson told us why he thought the latest new regime change in Berea could make the difference when others failed so spectacularly.

"Hue Jackson's in town, baby," the head coach said.

*********************************************************************************

LOL

I've never seen a more arrogant coach who has accomplished so little. This is the guy who got into a power struggle with ownership as HC in Oakland. His explanation was basically that he knew best and just wants to win so everyone should listen to him and not question what he says.

Fine, but where is the proof of that? The guy has won 1 game in 2 seasons and will hopefully close out with a perfect season (and a parade)  this year.

What's next? The Hue Jackson Method

It’s everyone else’s fault. Just ask him!

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:00 PM, Livinginthepast said:

I really feel bad for Cleveland fans. The fact they have had to endure such utter crap offered up by their football team for years is sad. Fisher will just be salt in the wound. Come to think of it , when Brady and BB are gone I hope NE becomes Cleveland and has the exact same experience. They are due.

and ironically if the Browns never moved to Baltimore BB might have been the HC for Cleveland since he got canned one week after Modell said he was moving the team.

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....anybody know WHO is eyeing Jeff Fisher?......he can EYE all he wants, but who are his suitors?........

With any luck, I’d hope his wife is eying him. Frisky time for Jeff beats him coaching a professional football team. It might not pay as well, but....

• Haha (+1) 1

....thanks for the memories..........

Jeff Fisher says he left Rams in 'good shape,' lauds Sean McVay

Alden Gonzalez ESPN Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES -- Former coach Jeff Fisher has "no regret whatsoever" about how things went down with the Los Angeles Rams and would seemingly like a little bit of credit for what has since transpired, saying he left the team "in pretty good shape."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21852646/jeff-fisher-says-left-los-angeles-rams-pretty-good-shape

39 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....thanks for the memories..........

Jeff Fisher says he left Rams in 'good shape,' lauds Sean McVay

Alden Gonzalez ESPN Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES -- Former coach Jeff Fisher has "no regret whatsoever" about how things went down with the Los Angeles Rams and would seemingly like a little bit of credit for what has since transpired, saying he left the team "in pretty good shape."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21852646/jeff-fisher-says-left-los-angeles-rams-pretty-good-shape

Ha ha I was going to post it. He led them to 4-12 and then they became a legit Super Bowl contender.