A open letter to Coach McDermott

Foreigner

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

So Kyles opinion is the end all? 

Didnt the GM who mare the trade say Dareus was playing very well for us the past few games before the trade but they decided to pull the trigger anyway? The timing was bad and ANYONE who watched the games could see that when teams were(and still are to a degree) running at will on us.

Same goes for Watkins. The Bills didn't field a solid NFL receiver up until they made the trade for Benjamin. The receivers were BY FAR the worst in the NFL after that trade and the passing game suffered because of it. 

Yes... I believe the team would be better off if those players were still here instead of UNKNOWN DRAFT PICKS..... especially an unknown 6th round pick for Marcell Dareus.

The passing game has suffered more than this year.

We got Benjamin and in 2 games, Taylor has targeted him 5 times.  We are currently 32nd in the league in passing.  30th last year.  28th the year before.  

So let me get this straight Scott.  You're going to believe Beane when he says Dareus was playing very well for us but then say he was completely BS'ing when he mentioned resignability when it came to Watkins.  Seems like you're going to pick and choose what you want to believe and then complain about it.

Kyle would know better than any of us the situation.  But you feel you no more.  Tell me Scott, why do you feel you knew more about the Dareus situation than the guy who played next to him for 5 years?

Marcell Dareus, who is one of the highest paid DT in the league and #3 overall pick has 0 sacks and 14 tackles for the Jags.  In fact, he only has 6.5 sacks in the last 3 years.  

You blame Ryan but he didn't produce this year with the Bills and the Jags....so who do you think is at fault for his lack of production?  Oh no...maybe Marcell?

That's worth $100 million dollars?  When you pay a guy that much at that position, he's supposed to be living in the backfield.  He wasn't paid to be a Vince Wilfork, he was paid to be a Donald or Cox.  

Dareus earned his contract after dominating in 2013 and 2014 but hasn't lived up to it since the signing.  

So the guy isn't living up to his contract, arrested multiple times and is one drug pop away from a 10 game suspension.  Gee...I can't believe they moved on from him.  Is it really that hard to understand?  Really?  $100 million dollars for Vince Wilfork/Dontari Poe type of player with off field problems LOL.....

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We got Benjamin and in 2 games, Taylor has targeted him 5 times.  We are currently 32nd in the league in passing.  30th last year.  28th the year before.  

So let me get this straight Scott.  You're going to believe Beane when he says Dareus was playing very well for us but then say he was completely BS'ing when he mentioned resignability when it came to Watkins.  Seems like you're going to pick and choose what you want to believe and then complain about it.

Kyle would know better than any of us the situation.  But you feel you no more.  Tell me Scott, why do you feel you knew more about the Dareus situation than the guy who played next to him for 5 years?

Marcell Dareus, who is one of the highest paid DT in the league and #3 overall pick has 0 sacks and 14 tackles for the Jags.  In fact, he only has 6.5 sacks in the last 3 years.  

You blame Ryan but he didn't produce this year with the Bills and the Jags....so who do you think is at fault for his lack of production?  Oh no...maybe Marcell?

That's worth $100 million dollars?  When you pay a guy that much at that position, he's supposed to be living in the backfield.  He wasn't paid to be a Vince Wilfork, he was paid to be a Donald or Cox.  

Dareus earned his contract after dominating in 2013 and 2014 but hasn't lived up to it since the signing.  

So the guy isn't living up to his contract, arrested multiple times and is one drug pop away from a 10 game suspension.  Gee...I can't believe they moved on from him.  Is it really that hard to understand?  Really?  $100 million dollars for Vince Wilfork/Dontari Poe type of player with off field problems LOL.....

oh snap...

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

lets not forget that 20% of those passes were not catchable as well.  (its all Zays Fault   except Zay wasn't here last season)  

On 12/18/2017 at 8:39 AM, hondo in seattle said:

Winners do things differently than losers.  

In NE, they call it the "Patriot Way."  Bill Walsh used to call it "Standards of Performance."  McD calls his twist on this the "Process."  

It's all about striving for excellence, not settling, holding people accountable, high levels of commitment & teamwork, and so on.  

I can't say McD will be a great coach.  But this roster is probably over-achieving at 8-6  and it's only his first year.  

Trust the process!

I don't think I've ever heard a Patriot call it the Patriot Way, just dumbass fans or the media.

I could be wrong on that though, perhaps a new signee or something has. But I don't think Belichick says that, or Brady does, Again, I could be wrong.

Also Standards of perfomance seems like something is definable... Using the word process when confronted with any question that involves detail, be it roster management, on field tactics, and every other aspect of the game interchangeably is just nonsense.  Much like the "Patriot Way"

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

Are you insinuating that Gaines was a bad trade?

Players get hurt......the guy is a legit number 1 when healthy and has shown it

I wouldn't call KB a legit #1.  #2 yes.  He's a bit of a 1 trick pony with his size advantage but lacks the speed and the hands to be a game changer.  He's no Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall or Alshon Jeffrey.  Bills need a #1 pretty badly IMO and he doesn't have to be a big guy. 

Edited by keepthefaith

21 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

If you thought it was lame, why are you commenting; I guess nothing like a sick puppy, who wouldn't

say why he thinks it is lame. Just tongue in cheek if you get it.  

It's lame because you frame it as an "open letter'. So, do you think he actually reads this forum, looking for dumb ass criticisms from random fans?  I would certainly hope not. If you have anything to say to the coach, reach out to him and say it. Stop with the weak, cowardly open letter' BS. If you made it about you and your opinion rather than some lame talk to the coach approach, perhaps your points would be worthy of individual response 

Didn't you ever hear of satire. Again its done tongue in cheek. Maybe someone else can explain that

to you, but I will try again. The topic was about the process, so the title was framed because the process

is a favorite topic of his.

There is also another OP about the process being fools gold, so go over there and complain.

17 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And teeflebees with the atomic elbow from the top turnbuckle!! Snottlaw down!

Hopefully ‘Coach’ watched the tape of the Pitts/NewEng game with Romo’s commentary, where he pointed out what many know that you can’t play zone vs Brady as he’ll tear it up.  When Pitts played man-to-man, they did better, although just about no team has anybody to play man vs Gronkowski.  Gotta come up with a great different game plan and not just what you’ve been doing. Mix it up. Show them something they haven’t seen on film.

7 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

The Matthews trade looks horrible in retrospect.

Didn't we get a second round pick and as well? I think any GM would give you Darby for a second rounder today. He ain't too good. The Matthews part didn't work out, just like every other WR getting passes thrown to them 3 times a game, but it's certainly not horrible.

21 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That right there is a great big **** taken on Scott's season long diatribe against this teams vision, successes and "process". ???