A open letter to Coach McDermott

Foreigner

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

SMH, make him be a QB.

Problem many around the league do not understand about Tyrod is his stats lie, they look at final numbers, wow he had a great game. You yourself point to how great he did but yet he did not show for 3 straight quarters of a 4 quarter game.

The D played 90% of the first 3 quarters while Tyrod was sitting.

You are blaming him for the 17 points scored on drives of 52, 74 and 61? Shady had 2.1 YPC and 25 yards in that game. I love Shady but how can you blame the QB without even mentioning his performance or the D?

I don’t even know why I’m responding to you. You say the same thing every time. All that I said is he was fine to good against the Jets (not bad as you said). He was bad against the Saints and Bengals (but not Peterman bad). 

16 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

The decision to start Peterman showed they had no real intention of making a playoff push this year. They wanted to know if they had someone they could build with in the future. If the Chargers win out and cost us that wild card berth...smh.

Or Maybe the coach was looking to jump start the team by making it clear nobody is safe.

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You are blaming him for the 17 points scored on drives of 52, 74 and 61? Shady had 2.1 YPC and 25 yards in that game. I love Shady but how can you blame the QB without even mentioning his performance or the D?

I don’t even know why I’m responding to you. You say the same thing every time. All that I said is he was fine to good against the Jets (not bad as you said). He was bad against the Saints and Bengals (but not Peterman bad). 

Haha, 54 yards bad bud. Hell Peterman did that in one drive in the snow. Bungle game we should have won but Tyrod was just Tyrod, not good enough

I am blaming Tyrod for sitting on the bench 3quarters against the Jests while his D played.

10 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Haha, 54 yards bad bud. Hell Peterman did that in one drive in the snow. Bungle game we should have won but Tyrod was just Tyrod, not good enough

I am blaming Tyrod for sitting on the bench 3quarters against the Jests while his D played.

...and allowed teams to march all of the way down the field. Those aren’t short fields. If you get stops you get off the field. They didn’t get stops!!

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

And the run defense fell off a cliff after the trade.

Its night and day with both the Jaguars rush defense and the Bills. So yea you are wrong, he's made a BIG DIFFERENCE for the Jags.

The timing was awful. I said Kyle has an opinion. I don't see the dire need for a 6th round pick in the middle of the season when your teams 5-2. 

The ideal move would've been to wait until the offseason and deal him when your not actually playing games and have decent options to replace him , IMO. 

They're getting a 5th, not a 6th.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

And the run defense fell off a cliff after the trade.

Its night and day with both the Jaguars rush defense and the Bills. So yea you are wrong, he's made a BIG DIFFERENCE for the Jags.

The timing was awful. I said Kyle has an opinion. I don't see the dire need for a 6th round pick in the middle of the season when your teams 5-2. 

The ideal move would've been to wait until the offseason and deal him when your not actually playing games and have decent options to replace him , IMO. 

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Jacksonville has given up 144, 144 and 87 in their last 3 vs the run.  No one can run on them....you're right.

So if Dareus is worth $100,000,000 for just being a plug to stop the run, Dontari Poe is a free agent this year and that's essentially what he does.  She would offer him a $100,000,000 contract too?  I'm sure the Falcons won't match since they are only paying him $8 million.  Let me know Scott if Poe is worth that much.

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Let me ask you a simple question.

What was Dareus's salary impending them from doing IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON? 

Well lets see, an extra $6 million in cap room immediately which helped us have flexibility to make the trade for Benjamin which Beane stated in his own words on WGR.

I know, I know Scott....it's a lie.  They all just want to lie to you.

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Let me ask you a simple question.

What was Dareus's salary impending them from doing IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON? 

I think the rationale was Jacksonville was a willing trade partner, no one else was.  Beane took the opportunity to get rid of someone who under performed his contract and ate up a lot of salary cap while getting something for him while he had the chance.  They wanted to make sure they were not in the same spot at the end of the year.

18 hours ago, JohnC said:

I confidently don't believe he is a conniver or a snake as you put it. He is one of the most transparent people that I have seen in the coaching ranks. Is he a tad bit preachy and robotic? I'm sure some people would say yes. His earnest style doesn't bother me.  What I have observed from the outside is that he is straight-forward and doesn't seem to have much guile in the way he behaves. His philosophy is laid out for everyone to see. He doesn't seem to deviate or act apart from what he espouses. 

I'll tell you the type of players who would not like him: the slackers and the undisciplined. Selfish players who play for stats rather than uphold their roles are not going to like him. You don't think that Adulphos Washington was severely scolded for his idiotic personal foul on the sidelines? I'm sure he might not be a devotee of the wrestling coach but the players who are responsible, like Kyle Williams, surely appreciate that type of coaching. 

The players who wouldn't want to play for the challenging coach are the type of players/people who the coach wouldn't want on the roster. Success is not predicated on the accumulation of talent. It is more predicated on the getting the right players to fit for your team. That is a Marv Levy dictum and it is a dictum that the wrestling coach believes in. I'm on that same choo choo train. 

Yeah but you have to have the trust and respect of at least most of the players.  If you don't have that you won't get their best and most willing effort.  Goes for any organization. You don't have to love the boss but if there is a strong dislike or again that lack of trust and respect and/or disbelief in the approach to the mission, you don't get the best possible results from people and people don't stick around. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think the rationale was Jacksonville was a willing trade partner, no one else was.  Beane took the opportunity to get rid of someone who under performed his contract and ate up a lot of salary cap while getting something for him while he had the chance.  They wanted to make sure they were not in the same spot at the end of the year.

Yes good move and Dareus unfortunately for the Bills may finally get the message after being moved. 

48 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd rather have Dareus now then a 6th or 5th round pick now is my point. 

I would agree that there was a mid season slump in the run game, but in the mindset of win now and win later, I would say the current makeup of the Dline is very good and are a more cohesive unit than before. I could argue that the trade of Dareus has been a positive in terms of performance of late and if they shut down the Pats this week, win the game and make the post season, that trade was the turning point. Plus we get the 5th.

I just don't understand how you can ignore everything the head coach says about changing the culture, team first, getting better everyday, etc. and only point of trading away a few talents that didnt fit the system, were over paid and not buying in as a reason why we are "only 8-6". Isn't that what Belichek does on a yearly basis? You are so off base in your arguments its incredible.

Edited by Bills Pimpin'

26 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

I would agree that there was a mid season slump in the run game, but in the mindset of win now and win later, I would say the current makeup of the Dline is very good and are a more cohesive unit than before. I could argue that the trade of Dareus has been a positive in terms of performance of late and if they shut down the Pats this week, win the game and make the post season, that trade was the turning point. Plus we get the 5th.

I just don't understand how you can ignore everything the head coach says about changing the culture, team first, getting better everyday, etc. and only point of trading away a few talents that didnt fit the system, were over paid and not buying in as a reason why we are "only 8-6". Isn't that what Belichek does on a yearly basis? You are so off base in your arguments its incredible.

I completely agree. McD is only in his first year and there are a lot of changes to be made. There are some "snakes" on the roster who will be gone this year. I was wondering who was on the roster that spanned from Dougie to McD. There aren't to many and who Kirby would trust and visa/versa.

Interesting to say the least. The Giants said that Coughlin's message was passe'. I believe that after a year and a half that they would like some of Tom's discipline.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Players loved Parcells. 

Coughlin was a bit of a prick and old Giants players will tell you when he changed his ways a bit is when they put it all together and won a couple super bowls. 

Exactly.  The jury is still out as to what kind of coach McDermott will end up being.

3 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

That's a problem then, wow. You can get over personality, it's hard to earn back trust once it's been lost. 

Not really. he'll know who the problem children are and remove them. Messages need to be sent to these players that you're on board or you're out.

53 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Not really. he'll know who the problem children are and remove them. Messages need to be sent to these players that you're on board or you're out.

It's a problem if it's nearly the whole team, as was mentioned in Kirby's original post. 

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

It's a problem if it's nearly the whole team, as was mentioned in Kirby's original post. 

Which is why I'm kind of having a hard time believing it.

If it was THAT bad, the team wouldn't have performed like it has.

Also, I genuinely have a hard time believing that anyone here knows anyone inside the organization (yes, even double deezy).

Call me a cynic.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Which is why I'm kind of having a hard time believing it.

If it was THAT bad, the team wouldn't have performed like it has.

Also, I genuinely have a hard time believing that anyone here knows anyone inside the organization (yes, even double deezy).

Call me a cynic.

Guess it just depends on how much you trust the source. There are a few posters I just trust implicitly, Kirby is one of them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1