All this nitpicking...what the heck guys?

Roundybout

I just come home, tired, cold and happy after standing in section 201 in the brisk December air for five hours, log on, and see nothing but complaining about McD! 

We are 8-6 for only the third time in the drought. If Tenn keeps plummeting, we have like an 80% shot at playoffs! And half these threads I see are about trivial time out usages! 

It was a great win! Stadium was a blast! Let's be happy and not nitpick everything, please. 

If we have to debate something, why the heck did Gase kick that field goal? A guy and I discussed this. By kicking that, he had to bet he would get an onside kick, then a two point conversion, then go to OT, all in less than a minute with no time outs. What was he thinking?

Edited by BillsEnthusiast
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I just come home, tired, cold and happy after standing in section 201 in the brisk December air for five hours, log on, and see nothing but complaining about McD! 

We are 8-6 for only the third time in the drought. If Tenn keeps plummeting, we have like an 80% shot at playoffs! And half these threads I see are about trivial time out usages! 

It was a great win! Stadium was a blast! Let's be happy and not nitpick everything, please. 

If we have to debate something, why the heck did Gase kick that field goal? A guy and I discussed this. By kicking that, he had to bet he would get an onside kick, then a two point conversion, then go to OT, all in less than a minute with no time outs. What was he thinking?

Either way they need a FG and a TD w/ 2PC. Take the most likely score first, so you give yourself a chance. Go for it and not make it and the game is over.

Gase made the right call.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

Either way they need a FG and a TD w/ 2PC. Take the most likely score first, so you give yourself a chance. Go for it and not make it and the game is over.

Thank you, that makes sense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Yeah there are a bunch of posters not educated on football within this message board.

Going into the season, I was among the many writing this season off as part of a rebuild/ retooling effort.

8-6?!?!  Could knock me over with a feather.  More than half of these players weren't on the roster last year.  Combine that with new coaches, new front office.  The future looks bright no matter what happens the next two weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

22 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Dude, you're a homer. It's ok, but just be self aware of it. Other people are entitled to their opinion, let them have it.

This thread is essentially, "hey if you disagree with my feelings, don't post it."

Instead of pointing out how the time management isn't an issue, or correct decisions were made. You just responded with, stop your criticism because I don't like it and instead let's pile on this other ****ty decision about a team none of us like.

I'm not here to talk about the dolphins. If you want Adam Gase talk, go find a dolphins board. It's the exact same thing when Mcdermott punted last week, and some people were saying that Pagano made even worse decision and why aren't we talking about that. Yea, that's correct, Pagano did make a bad decision. But no one here gives a flying !@#$ about Pagano.

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

Dude, you're a homer. It's ok, but just be self aware of it. Other people are entitled to their opinion, let them have it.

This thread is essentially, "hey if you disagree with my feelings, don't post it."

Instead of pointing out how the time management isn't an issue, or correct decisions were made. You just responded with, stop your criticism because I don't like it and instead let's pile on this other ****ty decision about a team none of us like.

I'm not here to talk about the dolphins. If you want Adam Gase talk, go find a dolphins board. It's the exact same thing when Mcdermott punted last week, and some people were saying that Pagano made even worse decision and why aren't we talking about that. Yea, that's correct, Pagano did make a bad decision. But no one here gives a flying !@#$ about Pagano.

Another McDermott hater, loud and proud.

22 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I'm going to disagree. I wasn't able to follow the game closely so I'm not sure what the fourth down distance to go was, but an onside kick has a 15% success rate, and you're leaving the brunt of the work, if successful for after the kick with no timeouts. I think you're better off going td, you can get in field goal range from an onside recovery in one or two plays easily. Driving 60 yds in 40 seconds is craziness when you need a td.

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Another McDermott hater, loud and proud.

Where did I say anything negative about McDermott on today's game? 

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Never said that. I asked why there were so many of them to browse with a cup of chili next to me. I was wondering why the majority of these threads were all about picking on McD.

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Never said that. I asked why there were so many of them to browse with a cup of chili next to me. I was wondering why the majority of these threads were all about picking on McD.

Ok I disagree... I don't see a majority of threads by any means criticizing McDermott.

But I genuinely mean I could have missed them, sorry if I mischaracterized your post.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Ok I disagree... I don't see a majority of threads by any means criticizing McDermott.

But I genuinely mean I could have missed them, sorry if I mischaracterized your post.

I saw three of them when I got on, which prompted this tread. But no worries my guy.

• Like (+1) 1

This has been the happiest I’ve been this late since the Steelers debacle. On top of that, regardless of where we end up this season, I am very excited about the future.

I think it’s finally a good time to be a Bills fan!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Pretty much.

Buncha kitties.

A couple of very vocal posters have been eerily quiet this evening. Their train will stop in not a minute after things go south in foxboro.

or should I say IF things go south in foxboro

Edited by Stank_Nasty