How the hell does any coach put Preston Brown on all hands team?

Kelly the Dog

I'm not sure if this is a Crossman, I assume, or McDermott thing, but who the hell puts a guy like Preston Brown out on a 100% sure onside kick. That is coaching malpractice to a criminal degree. And then he charges and muffs it. That is literally insane. No one. No one. No one does that. He's not even a LB known for his hands. That could have blown the season and it's malpractice of the highest degree. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not all 11 guys are receivers on the hands team. His job is to let the ball go by him while he holds the kicking team at bay. 

I hate Crossman as much as anyone, but this one is all on stupid Preston Brown. You can't be a winning team with dumb players like that. Hopefully he's gone after this season.  

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

A lot of times bigger guys are used in the front line that form a wall and block the gunners tryIng to recover the kick

but Preston Brown is still a guy I'd never have out there 

he was in the position that the hands guys are always at. Halfway between the kicker and sideline. It's insanely dumb. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

he was in the position that the hands guys are always at. Halfway between the kicker and sideline. It's insanely dumb. 

I understand that fully.

a lot of coaches do high pooch kicks for onsides now 

to defend that you actually put your hands men in the back and create a wall in the first line

only thing I could think crossman was thinking of... Brown can't even recover a fumble let alone an onside kIck