Marshall Faulk, 2 others suspended from NFL Network.

jaybee

2 hours ago, nucci said:

No, if you touch her without permission in a sexual manner, then it is harassment...which is apparently  what all these guys are doing.....I don't get it

And the apparently part of the story is where I stop and don't care.  Prove it. 

Until you do, leave them alone.  

Until you show me proof then I don't care.

The 3rd wave crap is getting annoying. 

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

So far from matter2003's posts, I've gathered that teachers are freaks who want to have sex with anyone in a public restroom at Bills' games, lawyers are wound tight and like to snort cocaine, he's looking for that woman who will be on her knees in a bathroom stall (he seems to have a thing for public restrooms) within five minutes of hitting on her, and, here's the real shocker: women lie in order to not go out with him. Did I miss anything?

Don't forget his freakishly high testosterone levels. He measures it every day which is totally normal.

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Military for 8 years, law enforcement officer for 25 years,  and my wife is quite happy with my testosterone level. My views on this topic come from investigating, analyzing, and teaching for the last 35 years in regard to homicide, intimate partner violence, and sexual assault.

Your individual learnings likely based on your predisposed beliefs and lifestyle. 

Basically, this is your set of feelings. They hold no facts.   

You already lost the argument at this point. #feelings never win

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

It's going to get to a point where if you look at an attractive woman it's gonna be sexual harassment 

I think sexual harassment is a real issue.  It may well be possible in an individual case that the woman involved is being overly sensitive, but it's not justifiable to become calloused toward the next woman to make an accusation just because there are so many.  Each needs to be judged on its own merits.  I think that sexual harassment has been commonplace because men have long thought it was OK as part of the underside of the culture.  Maybe the sheer number of high profile cases will help to change the culture and kids growing up will finally get the message that it's not OK.

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

And the apparently part of the story is where I stop and don't care.  Prove it. 

Until you do, leave them alone.  

Until you show me proof then I don't care.

The 3rd wave crap is getting annoying. 

These things are very hard to "prove". There are rarely any witnesses. 

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Actually, my views on this topic are driven by experience, education, and training - not feelings. I am well aware of the biological underpinnings of human behavior and it does not justify or excuse real sexual assault or sexual harassment. If you cannot distinguish those behaviors from normal male sexual behaviors, then we will have to agree to disagree.

#feelings don't equal facts, even if your experience is lived.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

These things are very hard to "prove". There are rarely any witnesses. 

Yep, and?

So many ways to take this. Let's start simply. 

When it happens. Report it then. Scream it atop The mountains.

Don't let yourself be put in a position to allow this to happen as a male or female.

If someone is in appropriate then you leave the situation then and there.  And do not return.

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Your individual learnings likely based on your predisposed beliefs and lifestyle. 

You already lost the argument at this point. #feelings never win

So according to your theory, individual learnings are based on predisposed beliefs and lifestyles that create a set of feelings void of any fact. In which case, your post is simply your set of feelings that hold no facts and, I am sorry, I am going to have to dismiss it accordingly.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

I think sexual harassment is a real issue.  It may well be possible in an individual case that the woman involved is being overly sensitive, but it's not justifiable to become calloused toward the next woman to make an accusation just because there are so many.  Each needs to be judged on its own merits.  I think that sexual harassment has been commonplace because men have long thought it was OK as part of the underside of the culture.  Maybe the sheer number of high profile cases will help to change the culture and kids growing up will finally get the message that it's not OK.

Kids will get the message that it's not OK - if and when their parents teach them that.

If their parents don't teach them that or at least attempt to - then those parents suck.

I wonder if there is any correlation with( bad parenting/lack of parenting) and degenerate kids turning into degenerate adults?    Hmmmmmm.......

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Yep, and?

Don't let yourself be put in a position to allow this to happen as a male or female.

If someone is in appropriate then you leave the situation then and there.  And do not return.

I agree with that.  But self-preservation is a real mother-hucker.  

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

So according to your theory, individual learnings are based on predisposed beliefs and lifestyles that create a set of feelings void of any fact. In which case, your post is simply your set of feelings that hold no facts and, I am sorry, I am going to have to dismiss it accordingly.

Exactly!   Jesus Christ, it's like you had a breakthrough

Your experience in this is the contrary to mine, fwiw. I have vast more experience, as well.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Your opinion is no more valid or less valid or more right or more wrong than anyone else's.   You act as though it is.

Just now, PolishDave said:

Your opinion is no more valid or less valid or more right or more wrong than anyone else's.   You act as though it is.

I call it the 26cornerblitz effect. Feelings and perspective are presentable as facts for some.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Ever work in the restaurant industry? I'll guarantee you most women who work in a restaurant have had sex with at least 3 of the guys that work there...same thing about hospitals...many nurses are a special kind of freak...I know guys who were RT's in hospitals and doctors and had literally banged half the nurses that worked there, many times during work hours...it happens a LOT more than you think.  Just might not have happened to you.

it's funny that you mentioned hospitals, because you nailed it.  there's a ton of dating among coworkers in those joints.  i dated someone that worked with me in our department, and technically i was her higher up, (i couldn't hire/fire someone in her position though) and no one had a problem with it.  i'm sure those days are gone now.

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Yep, and?

I don't think you're really in a position to tell anyone when and how they should report sexual assault. 

The reason most people don't initially come forward is the fear of not being believed and the consequences that follow personally, and professionally. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

I don't think you're really in a position to tell anyone when and how they should report sexual assault. 

The reason most people don't initially come forward is the fear of not being believed and the consequences that follow personally, and professionally. 

And this is your #feeling why?

I'm sure I won't care what it is, but that's just insane you'll take 3 plain and simple things and refute them

Check your man card.

3 minutes ago, teef said:

it's funny that you mentioned hospitals, because you nailed it.  there's a ton of dating among coworkers in those joints.  i dated someone that worked with me in our department, and technically i was her higher up, (i couldn't hire/fire someone in her position though) and no one had a problem with it.  i'm sure those days are gone now.

For a year I only dated travel nurses. Omg. What a joy

17 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Not really a shift at all. I happen to believe that what constitutes acceptable or appropriate behavior in any given situation should come pretty easily to you - and we shouldn't have to have a comprehensive list to go by. If you need a list, then, by all means, develop one and pin it to your shirt.

Finally getting back to being honest in your posts.

Again, you simply wish to substitute your fiat declarations for what is reasonable; and to those ends refuse the discussion.

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't agree with you in general on this topic but I do agree with the above 100%.  I do struggle with why people let things go unchecked or unreported.  No job would be so important to me that I would allow someone to sexually assault me and continue to put myself in that position without taking action.  

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Believing the accuser is not a reasonable standard when metering out consequences.  There is a reason liberalism evolved a standard of "innocent until proven guilty", and while we aren't talking about the law, we are talking about an operational societal standard.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

17 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

An individual's learnings, in the context of said person's beliefs and lifestyle, are 'feelings'?

That's a tough field to plow.

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

And this is your #feeling why?

I'm sure I won't care what it is, but that's just insane you'll take 3 plain and simple things and refute them

Check your man card.

It's not a feeling. There's plenty of research by trained psychologists that explains why victims don't immediately come forward. 

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Sorry that I'm against rape. I didn't know that was such an extremist position.

You sound like that scumbag from Hemet who thinks it's ok to give a woman a side hug without first asking her permission.

My goodness you have so much hate, meh, may as well hate all men.

If a private company hears credible accusations against one of their employees they are pretty much obligated to act. If a legal incident happened as a result of them leaving the employee in place they could be held liable. Private companies aren't courts. The same rights of due process don't apply.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

It's not a feeling. There's plenty of research by trained psychologists that explains why victims don't immediately come forward. 

And the solution should be to encourage them to come forward immediately.  Not to encourage the social punishment of alleged perpetrators thirty years later.

This is the wrong solution to a real problem.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Finally getting back to being honest in your posts.

Again, you simply wish to substitute your fiat declarations for what is reasonable; and to those ends refuse the discussion.

My posts haven't changed in the least. I began my posts with my belief that it is reasonable to assume you should be able to determine what is appropriate or inappropriate behavior in any given situation - and that it shouldn't be that difficult. My belief is still the same. Feel free to believe otherwise. Nobody is stopping you. 

Edited by billsfan1959

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

And the solution should be to encourage them to come forward immediately.  Not to encourage the social punishment of alleged perpetrators thirty years later.

This is the wrong solution to a real problem.

You've got to start somewhere. 

Maybe in 30 years we'll live in a society where victims feel comfortable coming forward immediately. Reality is that we're not there yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, teef said:

nurses and assistants in hospitals are the absolute best.  

I thought hairdressers were the real freaks?   You can't date them though because they are ALL batcrap crazy.    Every single one.  Zero exceptions.  100% irrefutable.  Nutso - cookoo

16 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I wonder if there is any correlation with( bad parenting/lack of parenting) and degenerate kids turning into degenerate adults?    Hmmmmmm.......

Absolutely.  I am concerned for the future of our country and western culture in general because of irresponsibility in parenting.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

My posts haven't changed in the least. I began my posts with my belief that it is reasonable to assume you should able to determine what is appropriate or inappropriate in any given situation - and that it shouldn't be that difficult. My belief is still the same. Feel free to believe otherwise. Nobody is stopping you. 

You're being intellectually dishonest, which is a shame because this had the potential to be an interesting discussion..

The truth is that you want an enforceable standard you are unwilling to define, outside of the notion that the standard should disadvantage men who engage in normal sexual behaviors.