Marshall Faulk, 2 others suspended from NFL Network.

jaybee

2 minutes ago, dpberr said:

You mean pedophile teachers, right?

The ones who get with students, yes.

Although I'm quite sure the male students don't have a problem with it most times.

But teachers in general are freaks...I think it has to do with having so many rules in place they have to follow that in their personal lives they "let loose" almost as a way to counter balance it.

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Bolding mine.

Again, this is an admission, as much as you might not like it to be, that your area of expertise is in enforcementYour talking about offender behaviors.  This is an exceptionally prejudicial lens to demand we view the discussion through.

I'll stop short of being dismissive, because there is value there; but your discipline lends itself far more towards patholization than anything else.

Precisely my point. I am not talking about hitting on a woman for a date, or any other legitimate advances for sexual or other reasons that do not cross the line into inappropriate behaviors. And, if we really have to define what is appropriate or inappropriate, then I don't know what else to say....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Precisely my point. I am not talking about hitting on a woman for a date, or any other legitimate advances for sexual or other reasons that do not cross the line into inappropriate behaviors. And, if we really have to define what is appropriate or inappropriate, then I don't know what else to say....

The problem is that apropriate or inappropriate all too often depends on how attractive a woman finds you.  Thats the problem.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

But teachers in general are freaks...I think it has to do with having so many rules in place they have to follow that in their personal lives they "let loose" almost as a way to counter balance it.

Really? And how many teachers do you know to make a sweeping judgment about what they are like "in general".

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The weirdest part to me is that she alleges her office was in the men's bathroom. That is something easily proven false so I am guessing that part at least is true. And that's so incredibly bizarre I can't wrap my brain around it.

And probably gives you a very clear indication that was a culture in the organisation that was unhealthy.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

How can you possibly not understand basic human nature then?

You must understand.   Most people don't think for themselves when it comes to politics.   They vote like mom or dad did - and very often fall victim to people telling them what they want to hear - in other words - manipulated.

When you do decide for yourself who to vote for, you quickly realize there is no one to vote for...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Really? And how many teachers do you know to make a sweeping judgment about what they are like "in general".

I've dated quite a few of them and have heard numerous stories...

Why do you think the people that keep getting caught in the Bills bathrooms at the stadium having sex are teachers?

Edited by matter2003

Just now, matter2003 said:

I've dated quite a few of them and have heard numerous stories...

Why do you think the people that keep getting caught in the Bills bathrooms at the stadium having sex are teachers?

I am sorry if I don't accept your circumstantial anecdotes as proof of anything. 

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

The problem is that apropriate or inappropriate all too often depends on how attractive a woman finds you.  Thats the problem.

No, appropriate or inappropriate rests entirely on your behavior...

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

No, appropriate or inappropriate rests entirely on your behavior...

Right...so if the women finds you attractive enough she'll be in the bathroom stall on her knees 5 minutes later, but if she thinks you are ugly then its sexual harrassment. Exactly how does that depend on my behavior?

Ever watch those online videos that show a random woman's reaction to a guy walking up and saying the same thing to her---one an ugly guy and one a hot guy within a few minutes of each other?   Or those onine dating studies where they post two separate profiles, one a hot guy and one an ugly guy and have them message the same sexually related first message to a woman and get a completely different response?  

I think maybe you should get some real-world experience and get out of text books and theories.

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

I have a sure-fire two-step method for avoiding this kind of situation:

1) Keep your hands to yourself at all times.

2) Be anti-social with all co-workers. No idle chit-chat, nothing. Someone says hi, say hi and keep walking.

That keeps you above reproach and out of the clutches of feminist crazies.

This will work, but man, what a dull work place this would be.

Another step, and I've seen this done, is not to hire attractive women.  This was an unofficial policy, of course.

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

We absolutely do have to define what is appropriate and what is inappropriate, because that's what the issue is about.  And you don't get to make fiat declarations for the entire species about that those actually are.  There is a discussion which needs to be had about exactly this, and the discussion needs to be inclusive of either the established legitimacy or illegitimacy of sexuality as transactional.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Right...so if the women finds you attractive enough she'll be in the bathroom stall on her knees 5 minutes later, but if she thinks you are ugly then its sexual harrassment. Exactly how does that depend on my behavior?

I think this post provides all the insight one needs into your thought processes. Not particularly what we might call a "higher level of consciousness."

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

We absolutely do have to define what is appropriate and what is inappropriate, because that's what the issue is about.  And you don't get to make fiat declarations for the entire species about that those actually are.  There is a discussion which needs to be had about exactly this, and the discussion needs to be inclusive of either the established legitimacy or illegitimacy of sexuality as transactional.

I actually agree that what is appropriate and what is inappropriate is not an absolute.  As I alluded to earlier - there is a level of flirting and sexual "banter" short of unwanted physical contact that I would consider appropriate in a bar or (to use the example above) on a dating app that I would consider entirely inappropriate in a work environment.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

I think this post provides all the insight one needs into your thought processes. Not particularly what we might call a "higher level of consciousness."

I think your actual interactions with women in real life are what need to be called into question.

The way i see it any sexual behaviour is inappropriate in a work environment unless you work in the sex industry. You are not paid to pick up women.

Also consent is king, women are not robots and can make their own choices. There are some opinions in this thread that are truly worrying, we are not animals we are intelligent enough to rise above "animal urges" it's why we have a crime against killing someone to take their stuff. 

• Like (+1) 3