Marshall Faulk, 2 others suspended from NFL Network.

jaybee

3 minutes ago, teef said:

it's funny that you mentioned hospitals, because you nailed it.  there's a ton of dating among coworkers in those joints.  i dated someone that worked with me in our department, and technically i was her higher up, (i couldn't hire/fire someone in her position though) and no one had a problem with it.  i'm sure those days are gone now.

For a year I only dated travel nurses. Omg. What a joy

17 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Not really a shift at all. I happen to believe that what constitutes acceptable or appropriate behavior in any given situation should come pretty easily to you - and we shouldn't have to have a comprehensive list to go by. If you need a list, then, by all means, develop one and pin it to your shirt.

Finally getting back to being honest in your posts.

Again, you simply wish to substitute your fiat declarations for what is reasonable; and to those ends refuse the discussion.

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

So many ways to take this. Let's start simply. 

When it happens. Report it then. Scream it atop The mountains.

Don't let yourself be put in a position to allow this to happen as a male or female.

If someone is in appropriate then you leave the situation then and there.  And do not return.

I don't agree with you in general on this topic but I do agree with the above 100%.  I do struggle with why people let things go unchecked or unreported.  No job would be so important to me that I would allow someone to sexually assault me and continue to put myself in that position without taking action.  

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I don't think you're really in a position to tell anyone when and how they should report sexual assault. 

The reason most people don't initially come forward is the fear of not being believed and the consequences that follow personally, and professionally. 

Believing the accuser is not a reasonable standard when metering out consequences.  There is a reason liberalism evolved a standard of "innocent until proven guilty", and while we aren't talking about the law, we are talking about an operational societal standard.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

17 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Your individual learnings likely based on your predisposed beliefs and lifestyle. 

Basically, this is your set of feelings. They hold no facts.   

An individual's learnings, in the context of said person's beliefs and lifestyle, are 'feelings'?

That's a tough field to plow.

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

And this is your #feeling why?

I'm sure I won't care what it is, but that's just insane you'll take 3 plain and simple things and refute them

Check your man card.

It's not a feeling. There's plenty of research by trained psychologists that explains why victims don't immediately come forward. 

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Sorry that I'm against rape. I didn't know that was such an extremist position.

You sound like that scumbag from Hemet who thinks it's ok to give a woman a side hug without first asking her permission.

My goodness you have so much hate, meh, may as well hate all men.

If a private company hears credible accusations against one of their employees they are pretty much obligated to act. If a legal incident happened as a result of them leaving the employee in place they could be held liable. Private companies aren't courts. The same rights of due process don't apply.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

It's not a feeling. There's plenty of research by trained psychologists that explains why victims don't immediately come forward. 

And the solution should be to encourage them to come forward immediately.  Not to encourage the social punishment of alleged perpetrators thirty years later.

This is the wrong solution to a real problem.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Finally getting back to being honest in your posts.

Again, you simply wish to substitute your fiat declarations for what is reasonable; and to those ends refuse the discussion.

My posts haven't changed in the least. I began my posts with my belief that it is reasonable to assume you should be able to determine what is appropriate or inappropriate behavior in any given situation - and that it shouldn't be that difficult. My belief is still the same. Feel free to believe otherwise. Nobody is stopping you. 

Edited by billsfan1959

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

And the solution should be to encourage them to come forward immediately.  Not to encourage the social punishment of alleged perpetrators thirty years later.

This is the wrong solution to a real problem.

You've got to start somewhere. 

Maybe in 30 years we'll live in a society where victims feel comfortable coming forward immediately. Reality is that we're not there yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, teef said:

nurses and assistants in hospitals are the absolute best.  

I thought hairdressers were the real freaks?   You can't date them though because they are ALL batcrap crazy.    Every single one.  Zero exceptions.  100% irrefutable.  Nutso - cookoo

16 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I wonder if there is any correlation with( bad parenting/lack of parenting) and degenerate kids turning into degenerate adults?    Hmmmmmm.......

Absolutely.  I am concerned for the future of our country and western culture in general because of irresponsibility in parenting.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

My posts haven't changed in the least. I began my posts with my belief that it is reasonable to assume you should able to determine what is appropriate or inappropriate in any given situation - and that it shouldn't be that difficult. My belief is still the same. Feel free to believe otherwise. Nobody is stopping you. 

You're being intellectually dishonest, which is a shame because this had the potential to be an interesting discussion..

The truth is that you want an enforceable standard you are unwilling to define, outside of the notion that the standard should disadvantage men who engage in normal sexual behaviors.