Marshall Faulk, 2 others suspended from NFL Network.

jaybee

Just now, TigerJ said:

Absolutely.  I am concerned for the future of our country and western culture in general because of irresponsibility in parenting.

Yep.   I think the root of the problem is figuring out how to fix the bad parents.   Then the rest kind of works its way out with a small percentage of exceptions.   Not sure how to do that though.

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You've got to start somewhere. 

Maybe in 30 years we'll live in a society where victims feel comfortable coming forward immediately. Reality is that we're not there yet. 

So where you have to start is that it's acceptable to destroy the lives of men based on unfounded charges?

That's an unacceptable standard.

The acceptable standard is that women are not special delicate flowers who need to be protected.  They are individuals who need to take full responsibility for the choices they make, including the choice not to report a sexual assault.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

It's going to get to a point where if you look at an attractive woman it's gonna be sexual harassment 

You should read the allegations. I am going to go out on no limb here saying men don't have the "right" to text women videos of them wanking in the shower or groping them. 

Edited by ndirish1978

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

So where you have to start is that it's acceptable to destroy the lives of men based on unfounded charges?

The acceptable standard is that women are not special delicate flowers who need to be protected.  They are individuals who need to take full responsibility for the choices they make, including the choice not to report a sexual assault.

Why would you assume they're unfounded?

You just proved exactly why people don't come forward immediately.

Your post is textbook victim shaming... 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

You should read the allegations. I am going to go out on no limb here saying men don't have the "right" to text women pictured of them walking in the shower or groping them. 

I wonder what prompted that though?  Do you think it was out of the blue?   Hey, I think I will text this random chick some nudies?   If so, why didn't she just post them on Youtube?   Seems like it would have solved the problem.

Edited by PolishDave

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Should we not also encourage an environment that allows for such reporting to occur free of repercussion and stigmatization? 

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And the solution should be to encourage them to come forward immediately.  Not to encourage the social punishment of alleged perpetrators thirty years later.

This is the wrong solution to a real problem.

I'd say it's the misidentification of a real problem. I'd wager the majority of these "harassment" have more to do with mis-calibration than exploitation.

Instead of recognizing that decades of confusing messages with no real guidance on the subject for boys, leaves a lot, if not most, guys unsure of how to go about the mating ritual. As a consequence most are either too passive or too aggressive.

Most guys would prefer to be more centered (assertive rather than aggressive, and without being a kitty) but instead of taking a productive approach we classify everyone as a victim, victimizer, or champion of the cause.

The only instruction anyone's getting is to be a huge kitty that no one would ever want to !@#$.

Just now, PolishDave said:

I wonder what prompted that though?  Do you think it was out of the blue?   Hey, I think I will text this random chick some nudies?

Yeah, I think there are plenty of people who do that. It's pretty easy to prove/disprove that particular allegation - you hand over the phone and if the showering video was immediately preceded by her saying "they have burritos in the cafeteria", it's probably harassment. 

Just now, Rob's House said:

I'd say it's the misidentification of a real problem. I'd wager the majority of these "harassment" have more to do with mis-calibration than exploitation.

Instead of recognizing that decades of confusing messages with no real guidance on the subject for boys, leaves a lot, if not most, guys unsure of how to go about the mating ritual. As a consequence most are either too passive or too aggressive.

Most guys would prefer to be more centered (assertive rather than aggressive, and without being a kitty) but instead of taking a productive approach we classify everyone as a victim, victimizer, or champion of the cause.

Welcome to life as a human male.

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

The only instruction anyone's getting is to be a huge kitty that no one would ever want to !@#$.

I would have to agree that modern society has served both genders poorly with respect to romantic interactions.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

You're being intellectually dishonest, which is a shame because this had the potential to be an interesting discussion..

The truth is that you want an enforceable standard you are unwilling to define, outside of the notion that the standard should disadvantage men who engage in normal sexual behaviors.

The one thing I try never to be in a discussion is intellectually dishonest. I never said anything about an "enforceable standard," nor did I say anything about establishing standards that disadvantage men who engage in normal sexual behaviors - those are all your words. I have been completely upfront from the beginning that (1) the behaviors I am talking about are those that go beyond those "normal behaviors" men engage in when trying to engage in a sexual relationship with a woman and (2) that, as a man, you should know when you have crossed those boundaries. If you want to have a discussion, then, please, tell me what your definitions of "normal male sexual behaviors" are and how my views are infringing upon them.

12 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Yeah, I think there are plenty of people who do that. It's pretty easy to prove/disprove that particular allegation - you hand over the phone and if the showering video was immediately preceded by her saying "they have burritos in the cafeteria", it's probably harassment. 

She should have just posted them to Youtube.   Or better yet, sold them to some media outlet - the highest bidder.

Damn I'm good.   Yet another societal problem instantly solved by free market capitalism.      Long live John Galt!

Edited by PolishDave

13 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

So, what am I missing? Been dating a nurse for 14 years, not sure what is so special...

are you sure that's on her?

13 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I thought hairdressers were the real freaks?   You can't date them though because they are ALL batcrap crazy.    Every single one.  Zero exceptions.  100% irrefutable.  Nutso - cookoo

an old business partner of mine just married a hair dresser.  we're patiently waiting for the stories.  i've heard exactly what you have.

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Why would you assume they're unfounded?

You just proved exactly why people don't come forward immediately.

Your post is textbook victim shaming... 

They're unfounded because they are unprovable, and when you are metering out consequences you can't do so in absence of evidence.  That's a standard the throws out any guise of equality, and insists that women don't have equal rights, but rather enjoy special rights men don't under which their word is to be taken in any conflict between the two sexes.

That's not victim shaming, that's the bare minimum to establish that a victim actually exists, which is central to justice.

Again, women are not special, delicate flowers who need your protection.  They are individuals who must be required to accept the outcomes of their choices.