How are we the #6 seed? I'm confused

estro613

Seems like everything is riding on that Jags/Titans game potentially.

shoot I have buffalo going 9-7 and titans only winning the last game against Jags and it still drops Bills chances to 0%.

then again...ravens I have at 3-0 and chargers at 2-1.

this might mess the brain.  So best to put the standings away for myself lol until week 17.

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

The big question is whether there is a scenario in which we get it at 9-7, because there is no Chance we winin New England. Like none.

I believe all scenarios being discussed assume the Bills are 9-7 with two wins over MIA. There may be a few referring to winning out, but that's not happening in the real world. 

Browns played the 7-6 Packers very tough. No guarantees. Bottom line is we have a very real possibility of getting in. Gotta handle business. Hope KB is healthy.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

My only hope is for another blizzard in Week 16.

Or a Brady concussion or injury tmrw or next week? 

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Browns played the 7-6 Packers very tough. No guarantees. Bottom line is we have a very real possibility of getting in. Gotta handle business. Hope KB is healthy.

Or a Brady concussion or injury tmrw or next week? 

That Steelers Patriots game in going to be a battle royal.

The best shot to get in at 9-7 is we're going to need the Chiefs to lose to the Chargers and then lose at least one of their next two (Dolphins @Broncos) and the Titans to lose to either the 49ers or Rams and then lose against the Jaguars to finish the season.  I wouldn't count on the Ravens or Chargers losing two of their next three.

What I’m thinking is this...

1. New England

2. Pittsburgh 

3. Jacksonville

-All virtual locks, no way we catch any of them.

AFC West: Root for the Chargers to win the division. Pushes the Chiefs out of the division, who we beat head to head.

Baltimore: Hope the lose another game somehow (Finale against the Bengals?), but if not, I’m not too worried, they’ll likely be the #5 seed.

Tennessee: They play in San Francisco, and then a couple of home games against the Rams & the Jaguars. Could easily see them losing all 3, going 8-8 and missing out on the playoffs. Mariota has been bad and they don’t seem to be in sync and Mularkey seems to hitting all the wrong notes :) 

Hopefully we could see a 4-8 of...

#4 Chargers

#5 Ravens

#6 Bills

#7 Chiefs

#8 Titans

So playing with the playoff machine, it seems that if we go 9-7, we need the Chargers and Jags to win their divisions, the Chiefs to lose at least one game, and either the Ravens or Titans to lose at least two games. We do not make it if we tie either the Titans and Ravens at 9-7. So one of them has to finish 8-8. Either the Ravens or Titans are going to be the 5th seed - assuming no major collapse by Jax. 

Of course, running the table would help immensely, but I'm not counting on that lol

11 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

So playing with the playoff machine, it seems that if we go 9-7, we need the Chargers and Jags to win their divisions, the Chiefs to lose at least one game, and either the Ravens or Titans to lose at least two games. We do not make it if we tie either the Titans and Ravens at 9-7. So one of them has to finish 8-8. Either the Ravens or Titans are going to be the 5th seed - assuming no major collapse by Jax. 

Of course, running the table would help immensely, but I'm not counting on that lol

Get to 9-7 and hope

10-6 we are likely in 

but 3 weeks left and we hold the 6 seed

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I believe all scenarios being discussed assume the Bills are 9-7 with two wins over MIA. There may be a few referring to winning out, but that's not happening in the real world. 

Maybe Kiko gives Bills fans an early Xmas present and nails Brady on a blitz Mon nite. I ‘d like the Bills chances with Hoyer as Pats QB