My Dream: Can Taylor be our Slash?

I do not want to see the Bills trade up in the next draft.  I want them to keep the picks they have and pick best player available at their positions of need (DT, OT, LB, G).  My dream is to get Cousins.  He has the skills but also the experience.  We will not have to wait years for him to growth into an NFL QB.  But I would also like to see is keep Taylor as a backup and multi skilled player.  I love his work ethics and professionalism.  I would be more than happy to have him as our backup and use him in multi positions where he can help create mismatches and confusion for the opposing defense.  Can he be our slash?  He can evade, throw the deep ball and I am sure he can catch.  Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

I do not want to see the Bills trade up in the next draft.  I want them to keep the picks they have and pick best player available at their positions of need (DT, OT, LB, G).  My dream is to get Cousins.  He has the skills but also the experience.  We will not have to wait years for him to growth into an NFL QB.  But I would also like to see is keep Taylor as a backup and multi skilled player.  I love his work ethics and professionalism.  I would be more than happy to have him as our backup and use him in multi positions where he can help create mismatches and confusion for the opposing defense.  Can he be our slash?  He can evade, throw the deep ball and I am sure he can catch.  Thoughts?

If you could convince T T I like this idea

My dream is to get A Luck

with a name like his I'll take my chances...

we've tried the FA QB route one to many times for my taste.. Time to get our own QB and do it the way the rest of the league does it

Plus Cousins will be grossly over paid in FA IMO

Edited by ddaryl

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....why not jus bring in Cordell or Brad Smith instead?.....think how REALLY innovative Dennison could be............

If you think about it though getting a real  QB via the draft and turning T Mobile into a multi purpose player is not such a bad idea. 

Let T T and rookie battle for the start...

54 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

One problem is that Taylor sees himself as a franchise guy - right or wrong. I am not so sure he'd go for a "utility" role. 

He was benched last year and this year. Not gunna happen. I don't want gimmicks, Wildcats, slashes whatever.  I want a pocket franchise QB once and for all. Whatever it costs. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Love the idea. Wish it had some foundation in reality. He could be a disgustingly wealthy person's Joe Webb. 

Tyrod would work well as a salesmen at Mens Wharehouse but that is the only way he stays in Buffalo IMO. I could see him as a gimmick 3rd string QB though.

2 hours ago, offyourocker said:

Doubt Taylor will be here next year, but I like the idea of somehow getting Cousins and staying where they are at in the draft with both of those 1st rounders. If they could pull that off then things would get exciting.