Where did Polish stupid stereotypes come from?

Another Fan

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

I am not saying this article is wrong, but if one cannot see the obvious slant one is not reading critically. "the Left Wing Producer of All IN the Family" just recieved a Kennedy Center award, and Norman Lear would be anything but a Nazi and or Soviet supporter.

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

After seeing all of these TBD users coming out as Polacks, things are really starting to make sense now ... B-)

I see you are punching below the belt "Andrew." Again.

But anyway... Too funny!

Hey... Wait a second, this is a not a one-way street.  What derogatory heritage term would you consider yourself?  Can we use that term?  I think I know what it is if my memory serves me correct.  We should be able to laugh at all ourselves.:devil:

:PThrow that term out there Gug.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I see you are punching below the belt "Andrew." Again.

But anyway... Too funny!

Hey... Wait a second, this is a not a one-way street.  What derogatory heritage term would you consider yourself?  Can we use that term?  I think I know what it is if my memory serves me correct.  We should be able to laugh at all ourselves.:devil:

:PThrow that term out there Gug.

I'm a spic.

How are spics like cue balls?

The harder you hit them, the more English you get out of them!

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, bbb said:

My mother spoke Spanish and no English until she went to kindergarten.  She never spoke with an accent............But, this somehow was how Poles would still speak with Polish accents who were never in the country of Poland! 

My mom didn't know any English when she went to kindergarten, only spoke Polish....same with my Dad....yet both had no Polish accents.

On 12/5/2017 at 12:43 PM, Another Fan said:

Always wondered this as I'm about half myself.  I suppose Gronk doesn't really help matters :D

Poland, like Russia and much of Eastern Europe, was late to adopting the customs of the more educated and developed Western European nations. So it's no wonder when Polish immigrants came to the west. often from a rural farm background, they came off as bumpkins.

On 12/5/2017 at 1:39 PM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

634.MissUniverse.poland.mh.121912.jpg

When I was 19 I dated a girl who just came over from Poland who looked that good. It was a blast dating someone who knew no English, and my Polish was rudimentary. (Needless to say, it improved quickly, including some phrases my mom never taught me.) Sadly it ended when she discovered I was 4 years younger than her.

Polish women look like her or like a shot putter. No in-between. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot