[Please Change Title]Brandon Tate

KW95 - JA17

Why does it seem like we are the only team who runs out most of the kickoffs?  Its a free 25 yards and the first 12 games have shown that the Special Teams and Tate cannot break one.  PLEASE STOP CROSSMAN!  You might get players injured and Tate never gets past the 20. Also, great chance of penalty and setting us back further.

Does anyone know if Bills still have that Analytics Guru on the team?

9 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Why does it seem like we are the only team who runs out most of the kickoffs?  Its a free 25 yards and the first 12 games have shown that the Special Teams and Tate cannot break one.  PLEASE STOP CROSSMAN!  You might get players injured and Tate never gets past the 20. Also, great chance of penalty and setting us back further.

?

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I guess that ticks off the Brandon Tate thread from the list.

Had to do it..Ive noticed since the Jets game that the Tate doesn't get past the 25 too often.

7 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

If it's not in the end zone, run it.  What else would you do?

Run it past the 25!

Edited by KW95

39 minutes ago, KW95 said:

It's very frustrating.

We (the Bills) are always smarter than everyone.  That opinion spans many regimes, so, it's probably skewed.

• Haha (+1) 1

One game especially drove me crazy. I can't remember which game it was but 3 times in a row he ran it out and didn't reach the 20 yard line.

On the 4th time he finally took the knee.

Unless you have an elite returner, I don't get the point of bringing it out. 25 yard line is descent starting field position

I honestly applaud it.  Its risk reward.  They give up the five yards they know wont help them anyways for the slim chance he A. Gets more than five or B. Scores.

Your analytics point is relegated to the kickoff only.  The team cant score so in this sense they figure they get one additional shot at a touchdown even if its a long shot its better than 0 percent.

You have any sort of quarterback you play field position.  When you cant move the ball to save your life, you take the risk.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I honestly applaud it.  Its risk reward.  They give up the five yards they know wont help them anyways for the slim chance he A. Gets more than five or B. Scores.

Your analytics point is relegated to the kickoff only.  The team cant score so in this sense they figure they get one additional shot at a touchdown even if its a long shot its better than 0 percent.

I personally prefer the Bills start off at the 25. The odds of them getting a huge return is very slim. The odds of starting inside the 20 and possibly inside the 10 because of a penalty is much greater.

Edited by billsfan11