The National Narrative on Tyrod Taylor Debunked Today

BuffaloRush

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

You have a QB that struggles to throw for 100 yards.  I don't blame them for considering a change - though it was the wrong call.    For that, I think the national pundits are wrong.  

Exactly , they don't pay enough attention to the Bills or Taylor to call the move idiotic. Exepecting Taylor to become a good QB at this point seems more idiotic than trying a complete unknown. 

How can we judge a QB that comes into a game down by 20.  How can we judge a QB with only 1 start?  Tyrod had protection today for the most part but held on to the ball and got hurt.  I don't care that the kid had one bad game.  Tyrod has had more than a few crap performances himself.  Even if it is a long shot with the young kid, why not take a chance when Tyrod clearly can't do it?

I agree with the OP.  In hindsight, starting Peterman was a bad move.  But if you’ve watched this offense all year, for the most part, our passing game has been downright embarrassing.  Tyrod has been leading the charge for ineffectiveness.  If he’s not running 10-15 times a game, he’s pretty useless as a qb.  The OC didn’t want to Taylor-make the offense to utilize his skill set, so why not try a qb that has better anticipation and can get the ball out in time? At least give it a shot.  If our passing offense doesn’t get better, there is no chance at making the playoffs.  NO CHANCE.  They tried to improve it.  It failed.  Was the correct decision in my opinion.  Today, tyrod showed us exactly why the decision was made.  Because he’s not a very good qb MOST of the time.  Not turning the ball over is fine and dandy, but not being able to eclipse 70 yards by the 4th quarter is just not acceptable and that is his reality.  

The only argument, imo, would be McD force Dennison to “Taylor-make” the offense to utilize his running ability more often.  It’s the reason he’s in a position to be a starting Qb.  If we aren’t going to use his legs more often, he should be on the bench.

You could tell before the season even started that McD seemed very reluctant about playing TT.  And so far he's paying the price for both TT & Dennison. Both have to go this January.  We have to improve this oline at all costs. We have to replace some of these scrub wr's. Shady might have 1 good year left before diminishing returns. We need to draft that franchise QB at the same time Brady retires.

TT was hurt the first O play of the game, played hurt after that.  The rookie played at cleanup time......doesn't count folks.  The rookies 1/2 game at LA was the worst half I ever saw from a Bills QB (I am 71)  (EJ in London was the second worst)

• Like (+1) 1

No Taylor didn't cost the Bills the football game.  I put that on the coaching staff and front office. A. Tyrod is what he is, if you want a pocket passer pass on him and bring someone else in.  B. they rid the football team of half the offensive talent.  There is nobody on the outside scaring anyone and hardly anyone gets Tyrod like open.  C. If you are going to bring Tyrod back and off load receiver talent then at least design an offense that suits the skillset of the team.

This isn't a post saying Tyrod is good or anything like that.  It is more a post saying this coaching staff and front office did everything they could, outside of trading Shady, to be terrible on offense.

13 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

TT was hurt the first O play of the game, played hurt after that.  The rookie played at cleanup time......doesn't count folks.  The rookies 1/2 game at LA was the worst half I ever saw from a Bills QB (I am 71)  (EJ in London was the second worst)

The rookie didn't even play well in cleanup time.  People see one pass and get all googly.  If not for a penalty that one drive he had would have ended like the others ones... going nowhere.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

Maybe you didn't read what I said.  I said it was the wrong decision and the Bills fans should be concerned over decisions today.

That doesn't take away the fact that Tyrod cost the Bills the game today.  I said, their narrative they were spinning was incorrect and interesting enough, neither one commented on how Tyrod held back the team today 

I don't think it's accurate to say Tyrod was solely responsible for the loss. It was a team effort, mostly by the offense. Bad blocking, dropped passes, of course bad choices by Taylor, but most infuriating were the penalties that erased our few positive plays by people who ought to know better.

I thought the defense mostly did its job but got worn down.

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No Taylor didn't cost the Bills the football game.  I put that on the coaching staff and front office. A. Tyrod is what he is, if you want a pocket passer pass on him and bring someone else in.  B. they rid the football team of half the offensive talent.  There is nobody on the outside scaring anyone and hardly anyone gets Tyrod like open.  C. If you are going to bring Tyrod back and off load receiver talent then at least design an offense that suits the skillset of the team.

This isn't a post saying Tyrod is good or anything like that.  It is more a post saying this coaching staff and front office did everything they could, outside of trading Shady, to be terrible on offense.

The rookie didn't even play well in cleanup time.  People see one pass and get all googly.  If not for a penalty that one drive he had would have ended like the others ones... going nowhere.

So in a way by saying "Tyrod is who he is" you are kind of proving my point.  Your point about the front office very valid.   If they weren't going to design an offense around him, they probably should have turned the page.   

This wasn't a move defending Peterman.  I don't think he's the answer.  I'm just saying, Tyrod has been very ineffective.  The decision to consider starting another QB isn't as absurd as some made it out to be.  

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't think it's accurate to say Tyrod was solely responsible for the loss. It was a team effort, mostly by the offense. Bad blocking, dropped passes, of course bad choices by Taylor, but most infuriating were the penalties that erased our few positive plays by people who ought to know better.

I thought the defense mostly did its job but got worn down.

Why do you think it got worn down?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

So in a way by saying "Tyrod is who he is" you are kind of proving my point.  Your point about the front office very valid.   If they weren't going to design an offense around him, they probably should have turned the page.   

This wasn't a move defending Peterman.  I don't think he's the answer.  I'm just saying, Tyrod has been very ineffective.  The decision to consider starting another QB isn't as absurd as some made it out to be.  

Because Tom Brady. How long do you expect any defense to hold him in check all game? The only chance the Bills had was to play a near perfect game. The defense did its part, at least for a half. The offense had their collective thumbs up their arses. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

I mean yeah.  I don't care what they do at this point.  Like I said before... Tyrod isn't great, but with the right surrounding cast  he would have been ok.  This is by far his worst season.  If this is what the front office was going to do they should have just got McCown or something.  

If Peterman starts then Peterman starts.  I don't think he is any good either.  Nor do I think the supporting cast around him is good enough for him.  I would say even after the Chargers outing he is probably better suited for what Dennisons crap offense is though.

41 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Who did you blame for the Chargers debacle?

2 hours ago, ChasBB said:

It was the right move to start Peterman 2 weeks ago.  The wheels came off like no one could see coming after that tipped pick-6 - I'm not going to judge Peterman by this game.  I like what I saw from Peterman today and I'd like to see him continue to run the offense.  This is a strong-minded and resilient guy to come out and perform as well as he did today after that 1st half debacle against the Chargers - I give the guy credit - would have been nice if he scored, of course.  His receivers continue to not help with flat-out drops - not saying every throw was on target, but overall, Peterman's ball placement is excellent.  There was a lot of good things in this game - things this team can and will get stronger from.

I agree.  I knew that TT couldn't keep up with Brady and his wrecking crew.  Give the guy a week with the 1s and he'll get dialed in with the receivers, which will result in in less drops and more YAC.  If NP starts the last four, we have a better chance of sneaking into the playoffs.  I would like to see if he is the guy.  If he is, then we can spend our firsts next year on OL.  Go Bills!!